Memory maker...worth it?

Best part for us - it was on my account, but my brother's clan was linked with ours and all his pictures (they didn't have MM) were on ours too, including the rides, meet-n-greets etc even if one of my clan wasn't there! We have SOOOO many great pictures from that trip. My mom has multiple pictures of both her kids and all her grandkids together. Bonus they included stock pictures from MNSSHP that we attended - gorgeous pictures of the fireworks, castle, etc.

Honestly, I wouldn't go without it - plus DH loves not having to lug or worry about the expensive camera.

Best part for us - it was on my account, but my brother's clan was linked with ours and allrides, meet-n-greets etc even if one of my clan wasn't there! We have SOOOO many great pictures from that trip. My mom has multiple pictures of both her kids and all her grandkids together. Bonus they included stock pictures from MNSSHP that we attended - gorgeous pictures of the fireworks, cas
l

We are going this summer, three rooms 19 people. Our MDE is linked through family and friends so does that mean all in our party will show up on my MM?

If that is the case when you download it to a computer can you only download to one computer or could you do it on two different ones?

l

We are going this summer, three rooms 19 people. Our MDE is linked through family and friends so does that mean all in our party will show up on my MM?

If that is the case when you download it to a computer can you only download to one computer or could you do it on two different ones?

Yes, all linked! My brother wasn't able to access the pictures from their MDE account but once I downloaded the pictures, I just made a cd of them to give.

l

If you want to download to more than one computer, either you would have to do the downloads on both computers yourself or give your log in information to the owner of the other computer.

Glad to hear that most everyone's experience is positive--I booked online and realized only after that the person I was talking with included the Memory Maker in the package. I was kind of on the fence about it, but sounds like it might be worth it to keep it. :)
Check to see that you were charged for it. When I booked a package (a while ago), the CM automatically added it, but she assured me it was for free!

It doesn't sound like something they would do -- include, and charge you for, something you didn't specifically agree to. Maybe it was a special!

We have used MM for our last two trips and I love it. As has been mentioned, it's nice to have everybody in the picture. I also tend to do one day alone at Animal Kingdom, so it's a nice option for me to be able to get pics with me in them when I'm alone too. Last year I ordered the photobook. Nice quality.

I read somewhere that memory maker is now free with AP's Is this so and if it is does it just automatically hook up with magic bands? Thanks

I read somewhere that memory maker is now free with AP's Is this so and if it is does it just automatically hook up with magic bands? Thanks

I thought I read that MM is now free with AP's Is this so? Thanks

Yes, you do now get free PhotoPass downloads with APs (which is basically the same thing as MM, except with a longer time frame in which to use it). Anything that's on your MDE account can be accessed with magic bands.

Totally worth it. We had over 500 photos on our last trip and that was before all the ride photos were included. One note: I read on here that you have to have magic bands in order to get the ride photo from 7 Dwarfs Mine Train because that is the only way to link the photo to your account. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that! :)

I love pictures, but we are 2 adults going to just one park. Will we get enough pictures taken to make it worth it?
My daughter and her hubby are going for 5 days, going to be there before us, if we are linked can I get all their pics? Then I am sure it will be worth it

I love pictures, but we are 2 adults going to just one park. Will we get enough pictures taken to make it worth it?
My daughter and her hubby are going for 5 days, going to be there before us, if we are linked can I get all their pics? Then I am sure it will be worth it

Are you going for just one day? Because you would need to get 10 pictures just to break even, and that might be hard to do in just one day, although if you're going for more than one day, even to just one park, it might be worth it. As long as your daughter and her husband are in your Friends and Family list (and I think you also have to do some kind of invite e-mail thing through your MDE account), all their pictures will show up. Just make sure you purchase at least 3 days before their trip starts.

I popped in here to read the responses and now I am so glad that we bought the package. I bought the package because my husband hates to have his picture taken but he said, "Well, if you pay that much then I guess I have to do it, right?" LOL So, it was an instant click and buy for me. :)

I also love the photobook idea! Thanks!

I popped in here to read the responses and now I am so glad that we bought the package. I bought the package because my husband hates to have his picture taken but he said, "Well, if you pay that much then I guess I have to do it, right?" LOL So, it was an instant click and buy for me. :)

I also love the photobook idea! Thanks!
This is why I did it our last trip. Both my husband and I despise being photographed, but he even smiled in some of the photos and is now reminding me to add it in for our next trip. It should also be noted that I am a terrible photographer, and we got some amazing photos of just our daughter. Husband wants me to map out all the photographer spots and magic shots for the next trip. And we only do 3 park days. The photos we got last trip were absolutely worth it, so we are happily doing it again. This way we can just supplement with our iPhones and be good to go!

I had done this years ago when we went, and I'm so excited to see that this is still a thing as I prepare for our new trip!

I think there is a cheaper one day option...maybe for $59?

We're doing a large family group (14 people) for 2 weeks and 2 members of our group have APs. Since we're all linked on MDE and they get free MM, does that mean the other 12 people can use it for free as well? Then the AP holders can download them and make CDs for all the rest of the group? We were planning on paying and using MM already, but if this could work out it'd be a nice savings.

We're doing a large family group (14 people) for 2 weeks and 2 members of our group have APs. Since we're all linked on MDE and they get free MM, does that mean the other 12 people can use it for free as well? Then the AP holders can download them and make CDs for all the rest of the group? We were planning on paying and using MM already, but if this could work out it'd be a nice savings.

As long as the other 12 people are on the Friends and Family list of one (or both) of the ones who have the AP, yes.

Not worth it for me when I went. I decided to invest in a "nice" camera for around $300 since I'd been wanting one anyways. Photographers around Disney are more than happy to use your camera to take your pictures.

LOVE Memory Maker - we won't do Disney without it

I save coke codes and i exchange them for free prints from Shutterfly so I only have to pay shipping for all my photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter