• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker vs Photopass Plus

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
So we haven't been back to Disney in 1 year and now that we are planning our next trip I have discovered magic bands, MDE, FP+ and now Memory Maker. :scared: It's like a whole new WDW and instead of feeling like an experienced Disney visitor I have no idea what is going on.

Can someone please tell me what is the difference between Photopass Plus and this Memory Maker???

Thank you. :)

I was just wondering about Memory Maker today and found this review helpful - ************************************photopass-plus-review/

And never mind - apparently I can't share that site? Weird.

If you google 'memory maker reviews', some good choices pop up. I liked the third choice.

We just got back from WDW and used MM this time. Last trip we had PP+. From what I can see the only difference is that with MM you don't get the physical copies of pictures taken at restaurants and things. You just get to download them. I was apprehensive about it, but with the magic bands it was really easy to link all of the photos taken with all of us even when separated. They also didn't lose any of our pics this time, and they lost many with PP+. Overall, we had a much better experience with MM.

PhotoPass+ doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by Memory Maker. As vicky33006 mentioned, MM is a download only product, meaning you no longer get the CD, nor do you get the CD with the stock pictures.

The positive for us was everyone can add ride photos so no more chasing the "master" card The eh was no cd as I will now have to download them to memory sticks. In general I vote add the MM (no more pp+) it's worth being in the pics yourself ;)

Thanks everyone. I like that we can all get the ride pics when we split up, but I am so sad to lose the prints in restaurants, the CDs and the stock photos.

So glad I found this thread! So the MM is on the MB's now? Am I guessing correctly?

so does this mean yet another thing you can not get if you are NOT staying on sight? if you have to have MB to have MM then it's only for onsight guests?:sad2:

If you are on site MM will be linked to your MB. If you are offsite you will get a card for MM.

If you have PP+ already purchased from before the change they will honor it and/or convert it.

so does this mean yet another thing you can not get if you are NOT staying on sight? if you have to have MB to have MM then it's only for onsight guests?:sad2:

Nope, you don't have to stay onsite. It can be linked to a Magic Band, but it doesn't have to be.

I have pp+ from a previous trip. So what does that mean that I can't use it?

I'm confused by this. Did you pre-order PP+? If so, they'll still honor it. If you used it on a previous trip, it's no longer valid because you would've only had 14 days to add pictures to it.

I haven't used it. Will I still get printed pics from pirates league and chef mickey or do they get uploaded to my account?

Gilliansmommy, YES you can still use it. We had a previously purchased PhotoPass+ for our trip at the beginning of February and it was wonderful. We got all our ride photos, all our meal photos (PLUS the hard copies they gave us at the restaurant) and all our MagicBand photos on the photopass cd. I am really bummed they are switching to MemoryMaker, I prefer having the hard copies, the cd and the photos. Why pay the same amount of money for less is what my understanding is. The photopass card really wasn't hard to keep track of, my husband wore it for the most part and if he wasn't with me they just scanned my Magic Band and I linked all the photos for the cd once we got home.

I have a question about MM, last trip at DHS outside Star Tours ride there was an option to create a photo of your child posing as a star wars character they would digitally add in various effects. This photo was then available for purchase. Does any one know if this still exists and would it be included in the MM or still a separate purchase.

I have a question about MM, last trip at DHS outside Star Tours ride there was an option to create a photo of your child posing as a star wars character they would digitally add in various effects. This photo was then available for purchase. Does any one know if this still exists and would it be included in the MM or still a separate purchase.

That would not be included in MM. You'd still have to purchase that.

Does anyone know if the MM is automatically linked to all the MB's in your party or just the main one (the person whos name the reservation is under)?

Does anyone know if the MM is automatically linked to all the MB's in your party or just the main one (the person whos name the reservation is under)?

It will be linked to all the MBs for anyone listed on the reservation or linked into MDE.

The lead person is just the only person who can download those photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter