Memory Maker VS Photo Pass+

I'm so confused about memory maker. We have reservations at Ohana, chef mickeys, CRT and CP. Are these photos not included in MM?

'Ohana only has it at breakfast (because it's only a character meal at breakfast) and CP doesn't offer a picture at all. Chef Mickey's and CRT are included. (Actually, all dining locations that offer pictures are included.)

I'm so confused about memory maker. We have reservations at Ohana, chef mickeys, CRT and CP. Are these photos not included in MM?

All photos taken by photopass photographer will be on memory maker. As far as physical pictures you take with you after meals, I believe it is only CRT and Akershus; where the photos are part of the meal price.

I just did live chat and was told by the CM that Photopass+ has been discontinued and replaced by Memory Maker. If you have already purchased Photopass+ it will be honored but now you can only get Memory Maker. No more CD of pics, just downloadable but character meal and ride pics are included. HTH!

Can anyone confirm this? According to the Disney site I see this...

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/about-our-products#2

That says the PhotoPass + will still be redeemable at the sales center with the oucher. Will it be PP+ or MM or are they one and the same?

You have always been able to get a photo shoot at Castle Couture with no cost. They just add them to your Photopass card. It's then up to you whether to purchase the shots, or purchase a download or CD.

What I had heard, but cannot verify, is that you can take photos right near the BBB at DTD but that, since it's not actually in BBB anyone can take advantage of it. Our first day will be at DTD and I would love for the family to get their face panted or put on mickey ears or something and get a "first day photo". I haven't heard of any other photographers in DTD.

Can anyone confirm this? According to the Disney site I see this... https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/about-our-products#2 That says the PhotoPass + will still be redeemable at the sales center with the oucher. Will it be PP+ or MM or are they one and the same?
If you pre-ordered PP+, that's what you'll get. MM has replaced it.

Correct. If you happened to order PP+ before MM came out, you will still redeem PP+ upon arrival with the voucher that was mailed to you. You will not be given MM instead. I ordered PP+ a few days before they announced MM for our May trip. I'm betting I'm one of the last to use it since I bought it so early.

What I had heard, but cannot verify, is that you can take photos right near the BBB at DTD but that, since it's not actually in BBB anyone can take advantage of it. Our first day will be at DTD and I would love for the family to get their face panted or put on mickey ears or something and get a "first day photo". I haven't heard of any other photographers in DTD.

There is a small photo studio with different backdrops inside the DTD Guest Services / PhotoPass center. We had some family pictures done there last year. It was fun! All of the shots were on our Photopass.

There is a small photo studio with different backdrops inside the DTD Guest Services / PhotoPass center. We had some family pictures done there last year. It was fun! All of the shots were on our Photopass.

Was there any additional charge for this or was it included in the PhotoPass package?

Count me in as Memory Maker confused as well. We are traveling next month, one group of 7--tied as a "grand gathering" in the system, 3 families, 3 rooms. Two of the families are doing a split stay and moving to a single cabin FW after a week, the third is going home. One Memory Maker purchase should cover all of our pictures, rides and meals for everyone included, for both resort stays, as long as we're all connected via Friends and Family in MDE? Is this a correct assumption? We don't have to purchase MM twice for both resort stays, do we? We're trying to make heads or tails of this, as PhotoPass+ was so much simpler in comparison! Thank you very much for any experience that can be shared!

Count me in as Memory Maker confused as well. We are traveling next month, one group of 7--tied as a "grand gathering" in the system, 3 families, 3 rooms. Two of the families are doing a split stay and moving to a single cabin FW after a week, the third is going home. One Memory Maker purchase should cover all of our pictures, rides and meals for everyone included, for both resort stays, as long as we're all connected via Friends and Family in MDE? Is this a correct assumption? We don't have to purchase MM twice for both resort stays, do we? We're trying to make heads or tails of this, as PhotoPass+ was so much simpler in comparison! Thank you very much for any experience that can be shared!

Memory Maker isn't tied in to your resort stay - you have 30 days to add pictures from the time you take your first picture. One MM is all you need as long as everyone is on the Friends and Family list of the person who purchases it.

Memory Maker isn't tied in to your resort stay - you have 30 days to add pictures from the time you take your first picture. One MM is all you need as long as everyone is on the Friends and Family list of the person who purchases it.

Great, thanks!

Great, thanks! Did you just ask at the guest service desk?

"How do I receive my attraction photos?
A: After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attractions Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card."

Does this mean only the person with the entitlement can associate the photo:confused3 ? What if your party splits up and you're not the with the person with the entitlement and you want to add a ride photo?

"How do I receive my attraction photos?
A: After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attractions Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card."

Does this mean only the person with the entitlement can associate the photo:confused3 ? What if your party splits up and you're not the with the person with the entitlement and you want to add a ride photo?

That's the way it worked with PP+. If your party splits up and someone who doesn't have the entitlement rides a ride that has a photo, they just have to write down the photo number and then have the person with the entitlement go back to the ride within 24 hours to add it.

That's the way it worked with PP+. If your party splits up and someone who doesn't have the entitlement rides a ride that has a photo, they just have to write down the photo number and then have the person with the entitlement go back to the ride within 24 hours to add it.

With MM, whoever rides the ride just needs to have the pic put on their MB/ PP Card. If they've linked their MB with the person who has the entitlement, or if they give them the PP Card # to add, the pics will show up. The person holding the Entitlement DOESN'T have to go back and add it within 24 hours. My SIL and I weren't even at the parks within 24 hours of each other, and it worked fine... it was also fun to be able to "see" them on their trip!

With MM, whoever rides the ride just needs to have the pic put on their MB/ PP Card. If they've linked their MB with the person who has the entitlement, or if they give them the PP Card # to add, the pics will show up. The person holding the Entitlement DOESN'T have to go back and add it within 24 hours. My SIL and I weren't even at the parks within 24 hours of each other, and it worked fine... it was also fun to be able to "see" them on their trip!

I was going by this FAQ from the Memory Maker Facebook page:

"Q: How do I receive my attraction photos?

A: After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attraction’s Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card."

This is actually better than PP+ then, because with that you did have to have the person with the PP+ card go to the attraction within 24 hours to have it added.

I was going by this FAQ from the Memory Maker Facebook page:

"Q: How do I receive my attraction photos?

A: After you finish riding a participating attraction, the guest with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to stop at that attraction’s Sales Center within 24 hours and associate the photo to their MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card."

This is actually better than PP+ then, because with that you did have to have the person with the PP+ card go to the attraction within 24 hours to have it added.

I get that. That's why I was posting how it actually works. My SIL was at WDW from around 20DEC-28DEC. We were there from 31DEC-09JAN, so our trips did not overlap. I had MM, they did not. She did not pay for any photos or photo package. We linked our profiles and checked that we could see each other's pictures. I was able to see and download all of her PP and ride pics on my MM account. In order for her to add her ride photos, she just asked them to put it on her MB, and they added them at the kiosks. I think they have about a dozen ride photos total.

I get that. That's why I was posting how it actually works. My SIL was at WDW from around 20DEC-28DEC. We were there from 31DEC-09JAN, so our trips did not overlap. I had MM, they did not. She did not pay for any photos or photo package. We linked our profiles and checked that we could see each other's pictures. I was able to see and download all of her PP and ride pics on my MM account. In order for her to add her ride photos, she just asked them to put it on her MB, and they added them at the kiosks. I think they have about a dozen ride photos total.

I'm guessing though that you do have to do it that way if you're not staying on property and therefore won't have Magic Bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter