Memory Maker VS Photo Pass+

On our last trip I purchased PP+ for the family (we were on the same reservation, but I do not remember it being linked in anyway). When we split up and some were doing different rides than I did; I, as "owner", would have to physically go to that ride (within 24 hours, I think) to get the pictures put on the photopass+. It seems that it is the same for MM - except....

I believe that I read somewhere that "ownership" can be reassigned to someone else who is linked to the group. Can I do that by smart phone in the parks and then have it revert back to me later?

Also I read that there is a card that can be mailed or will call that serves as a backup. Could that be used by one of those in the ride group?

We arrive in 15 days. We are doing a split stay. I will be ordering MM in the next day or two. Ordering by will call do I receive a confirmation # to link to both of our resorts stays?

It gets linked to a person, not a reservation, so you will be fine. I ordered mine and linked it to me. I have more than 1 reservation in MDE/MDX right now. Doesnt seem to matter. MM shows up linked to me, not the reservations.

HTH!

Can someone explain to me how you get the ride pictures on to Memory Maker? I leave in 19 days, I will have Magicbands, just ordered the Memory Maker?? Have had PP in the past but not sure about the ride pics and how it works?

Do you scan your MB and then tell someone the picture number you are in? How do they know what pic to attach to your band? Confused...:confused3

Can someone explain to me how you get the ride pictures on to Memory Maker? I leave in 19 days, I will have Magicbands, just ordered the Memory Maker?? Have had PP in the past but not sure about the ride pics and how it works?

Do you scan your MB and then tell someone the picture number you are in? How do they know what pic to attach to your band? Confused...:confused3

I would assume that you get the picture number first.

I assume that you still get the photo packages that were included with akershus and CRT, but does anyone know if you can get the digital copies with Memory Maker? Also I heard that you used to be able to be able to get PP+ photos taken at DTD for free, like a little photo shoot? Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know if you an do it with MM?

1. I assume that you still get the photo packages that were included with akershus and CRT, but does anyone know if you can get the digital copies with Memory Maker?

2. Also I heard that you used to be able to be able to get PP+ photos taken at DTD for free, like a little photo shoot? Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know if you an do it with MM?

1. MM advertises itself as an all digital product, so yes, you would get the digital copies of dining photos. I read in another thread that you don't get the photo package at Akerhus if you have MM, but that doesn't make any sense since the photo package is included in the price of the meal.

2. I've never heard of this.

I have a PP+ with voucher that I purchased for Oct2013 trip that I did not use and was going to save for May 2014 or Oct 2014 trip. I wonder if I can still use that far away?

I was wondering the same thing. I have it purchased for my Dec 2014 trip. I called this morning and the CM told me there was no reason to change to MM and I could keep Photopass +.

Honestly, after all the new things, I finally think I have magic bands and FP+ down for my February trip, I think I am on Disney brain burnout and can't absorb anymore changes. I think for now I am keeping Photopass + because I want the CD and stock photos I believe come with it. When do you usually get your Photopass stuff in the mail (voucher?) - about a month before your trip? I was just told on the phone I would get a lanyard at the desk when checking in.

Our trip is May 2014. I'm thinking about buying the photopass+ off eBay. Do you think it's risky. We are not staying onsite so we won't have magic bands.

I actually called about the Memory Maker yesterday. I was told it has replaced photopass plus. No, you don't get any pictures but you can download everything. (I hadn't read the comment about not getting your pic at Akers. I find it odd if you paid for pictures in the price of a character meal that you dont' get the pictures if you have mm...I would fight that for sure! Those character meals are expensive!). You also do not need to be onsite or have a memory band to do the memory maker.

I actually called about the Memory Maker yesterday. I was told it has replaced photopass plus. No, you don't get any pictures but you can download everything. (I hadn't read the comment about not getting your pic at Akers. I find it odd if you paid for pictures in the price of a character meal that you dont' get the pictures if you have mm...I would fight that for sure! Those character meals are expensive!). You also do not need to be onsite or have a memory band to do the memory maker.

I can't imagine they would really not give you the prints at CRT and Akershus since it's in the price of the meal. I think they are referring to all the other restaurants that have photos not included in the price of the meal.

I am very confused :( I read all the f&Q's ... I was in a photo share the last time I used something like this...

Ok, so it says it is $149 to pre order, all the pics I get taken are put in some "account" then I decide which ones I want, and download them?? Then once I have downloaded them they are mine to either upload (cvs) or just keep on computer, yes??
ok here is my main question in the directions somewhere on the site, it says you have to purchase the downloads... How much is that?? I feel like you are paying 2x now.. what am I missing!??! :(

Just spoke with CM and found out that the print packages are no longer included. This is a big deal for our family as we have 3 meals scheduled where they offer these and we love the nice print packages. I have taken off MM for our May trip as of now because I'm not sure if it's as valuable to us. If someone could answer about the photo shoot being included though? I don't know about the one in Downtown Disney but my daughter had a photo shoot done after the BBB at the little couture shop behind the castle. It was free and all shots were uploaded to our fastpass+. Maybe if this is still included it could be worth it?? Also, if I were to add it back we are traveling as a group and will be in 3 separate rooms so will my room be the only ones that can use it or can my family scan their bands as well? Thanks.:cool1:

Just spoke with CM and found out that the print packages are no longer included. This is a big deal for our family as we have 3 meals scheduled where they offer these and we love the nice print packages. I have taken off MM for our May trip as of now because I'm not sure if it's as valuable to us. If someone could answer about the photo shoot being included though? I don't know about the one in Downtown Disney but my daughter had a photo shoot done after the BBB at the little couture shop behind the castle. It was free and all shots were uploaded to our fastpass+. Maybe if this is still included it could be worth it?? Also, if I were to add it back we are traveling as a group and will be in 3 separate rooms so will my room be the only ones that can use it or can my family scan their bands as well? Thanks.:cool1:

So did they say the print package was no longer included in the meal for CRT and Akershus? That wouldn't go over very well.

You have always been able to get a photo shoot at Castle Couture with no cost. They just add them to your Photopass card. It's then up to you whether to purchase the shots, or purchase a download or CD.

And for the life of me I can't think of a third. Maybe you were doing one of these twice?

The print packages that are included in meal prices as with the princess breakfasts will still be included. The 3 print packages I will not get will be Tusker House, 'Ohana, and Chef Mickey's. Can I go to Castle Couture without the MM or Photo pass Plus and take my own photos or purchase them from there?

I contacted customer service and they said they will honor all pp+ even if you go later in the year. And with pp+ you still get the prints on the spot from character meal ext. that were included before. He said they will honor all pp+ did before. But with MM it has gone all digital and it will be uploaded for download and not available on the spot.

I am very confused :( I read all the f&Q's ... I was in a photo share the last time I used something like this...

Ok, so it says it is $149 to pre order, all the pics I get taken are put in some "account" then I decide which ones I want, and download them?? Then once I have downloaded them they are mine to either upload (cvs) or just keep on computer, yes??
ok here is my main question in the directions somewhere on the site, it says you have to purchase the downloads... How much is that?? I feel like you are paying 2x now.. what am I missing!??! :(

You get all the downloads for the $149 (and I don't think you choose which ones you want, you get them all). You don't pay twice.

We loved getting the pictures in the folders at the meals so for me this is a loss as you pay a lot but get less.:sad2: I even used the folders in our scrapbook as they looked so cool. :thumbsup2 I wish they would at least offer a discount for purchasing the meal pictures like 1/2 the cost or something if you have MM.

The CM I spoke to assured me that I would be getting physical prints from our Akershus meal; not at Chef Mickey's though. I guess I'll find out in 15 days!

I'm so confused about memory maker. We have reservations at Ohana, chef mickeys, CRT and CP. Are these photos not included in MM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter