• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

memory maker vs disney photo pass archive

Iluvjiminy

Mouseketeer
Going in July with daughters. Have done photo pass+ in the past but not sure about the new memory maker. What's the difference between memory maker & photo pass archive? :confused3 What are your thoughts on the memory maker? Thanks for any & all input.

Becky

The main differences between the PhotoPass Archive CD and Memory Maker are that the PhotoPass Archive CD doesn't include ride and dining photos (from the locations that offer them) and Memory Maker is a download only product. If you get 2 ride photos or one dining photo package, you've made up the difference in price between the two options.

Memory maker doesn't allow you to take one pic and do multiple things - like add different borders or crop things out and use the same photo more than once like photopass. You ARE allowed to edit the photos but only once and saved.

Memory maker doesn't allow you to take one pic and do multiple things - like add different borders or crop things out and use the same photo more than once like photopass. You ARE allowed to edit the photos but only once and saved.

Are you sure? Have you used it, only asking as we was told completely the opposite.
We also had to do our photo *** on the new site and had way more boarders etc then the photos pass site had done.

I hope this isn't true! I have loved being able to use a picture and make it into several different looks. It would be a shame if they've changed this.

I was told the opposite -- that you can still edit photos and add borders.

Besides including the rides and meals, the biggest difference is that you will need to download all of your photos yourself, and then decide whether or not to burn them on a CD or store them in some other way.

I have purchased MM for our family trip the first week in June; I will post more information about my experiences once I have direct experience.

Take care!

Do they still give you a copyright release on the Memory Maker if you download the pics yourself?

From what I was told you don't get the CD although you CAN buy it for 10.00. They also told me you get the dining photos and you also get the rides photos. :) You also get unlimited edits and such. So if you want 20 billion photos, you can.:artist:

Does anyone know for sure if you can use your magic bands with photo pass if you did not purchase Memory Maker?

I'm considering doing the photo pass archive cd but if you have to use the card it may change my mind to memory maker.

Does anyone know for sure if you can use your magic bands with photo pass if you did not purchase Memory Maker?

I'm considering doing the photo pass archive cd but if you have to use the card it may change my mind to memory maker.

When I look at MDE, there is only a place to link a MemoryMaker, not PhotoPass, which would lead me to think you still need the cards for PhotoPass, IMO.

We will be there the first week of March and I was told its basically the same as Photopass+ with just a new name.

I hope this isn't true! I have loved being able to use a picture and make it into several different looks. It would be a shame if they've changed this.

You can edit the pictures more than once. I am doing mine now. there is a button at the bottom on the right by the borders that says - make a copy - select that so that you create a duplicate of your original. then edit your picture. i did three edits of the same picture.

From what I was told you don't get the CD although you CAN buy it for 10.00. They also told me you get the dining photos and you also get the rides photos. :) You also get unlimited edits and such. So if you want 20 billion photos, you can.:artist:

The DVD is 30 dollars not 10 dollars. The reservation center is wrong.

You can still use magic bands to collect photos. Nothing about that has changed. Really, a MagicBand is just a PhotoPass card you wear on your wrist that you claim in mydisneyexperience.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter