memory maker suggestions/opinions

gingersunshine

Earning My Ears
this will be my girls first time to wdw. they will be going with the school for a band trip (arrive saturday morning and depart tuesday morning). i have called and gotten info about the memory maker and have been told that i can purchase now, print off the confirmation number, give it to my oldest daughter and she will be given a "card" to show to the photographers to get pictures linked to my oldest and youngest DD. i want my girls to enjoy their first time there (they are 17 and 18). i have never personally been, but after lots of research, we will definitely be going sometime in the future. i don't want them to have to hand off a camera, which i know they will be doing lots with their friends anyway, but i want them to be able to get pictures with characters, on the rides, etc. without having to carry the pictures all day or have to pay outrageous amounts when they have the ability to get pictures put into one place for one set price. after all of my research, i really have looked on this board alot--thanks all!!--is there another package deal that i can purchase a cd and have the copyrights to the pictures so my girls can print off copies for themselves and possibly a few other family members? or what are my options once i purchase the memory maker? i called wdw to get the info about having the ability to purchase the mm, but what do i do now? i have to place the order for the mm by this tuesday afternoon so it will be before the 3 day window. any suggestions/comments? sorry for the long post, but i am lost right now.

I have utilized the memory maker (old photo pass) in the past very effectively but to make it worthwhile you really have to take advantage of every opportunity to get pictures. I am a very experienced Disney fan with almost 40 trips so I know where they are. Make sure they always ask the photographer to take multiple pictures or if they can do any magic shots. I did hear they are doing away with some of the them however in some cases you can hold Tink in your hands or Simba as well when you are in the magic kingdom. These are typically with the photographers not on an tripod. My family gets annoyed with me because every time I see a photographer we have to stop. Make sure they at least focus on getting the main area at each park. The castle at Magic Kingdom, Sorcerers Hat (and or Tower of Tower) at Hollywood Studios, Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom, Spaceship Earth from Epcot (from the entrance and/or from closer to World Showcase). I realize as a newbie these may not make as much sense to you however once they get there they will understand. The photographers are everywhere. They will also take pictures with your own camera for you as well. Then once you log into the website that is where the fun begins. You can vary each picture you take with great backgrounds, etc on the website. After a 10 day trip I will typically have 40-50 pictures per day (remember each opportunity you may get 2-3 pictures) which I will transform to 1600 plus by the end of the trip. You pay one price regardless of how many pictures you take. Although the family complains during the trip they enjoy the pictures later. Hope this helps but just like anything else at Disneyworld. if you go in with a plan you will get more out of your experience.

I have utilized the memory maker (old photo pass) in the past very effectively but to make it worthwhile you really have to take advantage of every opportunity to get pictures. I am a very experienced Disney fan with almost 40 trips so I know where they are. Make sure they always ask the photographer to take multiple pictures or if they can do any magic shots. I did hear they are doing away with some of the them however in some cases you can hold Tink in your hands or Simba as well when you are in the magic kingdom. These are typically with the photographers not on an tripod. My family gets annoyed with me because every time I see a photographer we have to stop. Make sure they at least focus on getting the main area at each park. The castle at Magic Kingdom, Sorcerers Hat (and or Tower of Tower) at Hollywood Studios, Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom, Spaceship Earth from Epcot (from the entrance and/or from closer to World Showcase). I realize as a newbie these may not make as much sense to you however once they get there they will understand. The photographers are everywhere. They will also take pictures with your own camera for you as well. Then once you log into the website that is where the fun begins. You can vary each picture you take with great backgrounds, etc on the website. After a 10 day trip I will typically have 40-50 pictures per day (remember each opportunity you may get 2-3 pictures) which I will transform to 1600 plus by the end of the trip. You pay one price regardless of how many pictures you take. Although the family complains during the trip they enjoy the pictures later. Hope this helps but just like anything else at Disneyworld. if you go in with a plan you will get more out of your experience.

Well said and I couldn't agree more! We utilized the old photo pass on three past trips and it was really worth it. If it's your first trip, I think it would be nice to have someone else taking all those shots, know you'll get good quality, and just enjoy your trip!

thanks for the great information! i will be sure to rely this to my kids. but after we get all the pictures online, then what? am i able to download them to a disk and have them printed? do i have to purchase an extra cd from wdw to get "rights" to them? or what do i need to do to have the ability to get them printed, this is where i am lost. i will not be going, it will be the two of them with the school and i do not want them to have to carry individual pictures around all day, i want them to enjoy themselves, so i will definitely be getting the mm, i just need to know where to go from there as far as printing. thanks everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter