Memory Maker stock photo CD

SevenWonkas

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased the stock photo CD for Memory Maker? How are the pictures on it?

I think I would LOVE this CD (sad it's no longer included in the current MemoryMaker). I won't have to get generic pictures of rides/etc. anymore, and not like any of them. I do digital photo books all the time, and stock photos would be so helpful to fill in the books, and to use as backgrounds.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Is there any way to see a preview of the stock images-even if they are tiny thumbnails to get a feel for them? (either online or at the park)

Not that I'm aware of. I even posted the question on another forum, with no response.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it not similar to the Gallery CD that used to come with FP+ ?

Yeah the memory maker archive disc is essentially the same kind of photos that were in the gallery disc along with your personal photos. The gallery disc on the web site is the same one that came with PhotoPass plus.

Do a search on Flickr and you can find really great pictures that are high resolution that you can download. For free.

Do a search on Flickr and you can find really great pictures that are high resolution that you can download. For free.

Yeah, I used to do that a lot. Then I had a kid and don't have that kind if time anymore. Haha! ;) it was slightly time consuming, because not all could be downloaded at a high resolution. And there were lots of not so great pictures to wade through too. Great suggestion though. There were some great ones. I remember finding Tom Bricker's on there years ago

Yeah the memory maker archive disc is essentially the same kind of photos that were in the gallery disc along with your personal photos. The gallery disc on the web site is the same one that came with PhotoPass plus. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yeah, but I've never seen the PP+ disc though... So I don't know what the pictures look like. :) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yeah the memory maker archive disc is essentially the same kind of photos that were in the gallery disc along with your personal photos. The gallery disc on the web site is the same one that came with PhotoPass plus.

It is slightly different, but yes, for the most part it is the same.

I purchased the Gallery CD prior to PP+ being launched. I have that CD plus two PP+ discs and the PP+ Gallery CD's (both the same) have some different photos on.

I suspect they are just looking for a platform to market the once included CD and figured MM is a good place to advertise it.

FWIW I really like my CD's and have no regrets about the fact that I paid for the first one.

It is slightly different, but yes, for the most part it is the same. I purchased the Gallery CD prior to PP+ being launched. I have that CD plus two PP+ discs and the PP+ Gallery CD's (both the same) have some different photos on. I suspect they are just looking for a platform to market the once included CD and figured MM is a good place to advertise it. FWIW I really like my CD's and have no regrets about the fact that I paid for the first one.

Thank you! What would you say the breakdown of pictures are? I mean, is it a lot of pictures of rides, the castle, etc? I think I read somewhere that there are character pics too?

Thank you! What would you say the breakdown of pictures are? I mean, is it a lot of pictures of rides, the castle, etc? I think I read somewhere that there are character pics too?

There are relatively few character photos. There are a few of the Fab Five posing in front of the castle and one of Snow White with Dopey, Minnie and Mickey in their patriotic outfits and a small handful of others.

They are categorized into the four parks, then there are Holiday photos (includes Christmas, Halloween and a slim picking of Independence Day) photos, quite a good selection of fireworks photos and the rest are mainly the various lands in the parks, some nice AK ones in there, things like the Disney Railroad, etc. There are a good 200+ photos and all high resolution. I really had no regrets about the money I paid for the first copy which I bought and if they brought out a new one without too many duplicates of what I already have, I'd gladly buy another. But then I am into digital scrapbooking and all that stuff so there is an appeal to me that may not be there for others.

For what it's worth, I have printed out some actual prints from the CD too for DD to do paper scrapbooking with and to add to her albums and they printed beautifully.

There are relatively few character photos. There are a few of the Fab Five posing in front of the castle and one of Snow White with Dopey, Minnie and Mickey in their patriotic outfits and a small handful of others. They are categorized into the four parks, then there are Holiday photos (includes Christmas, Halloween and a slim picking of Independence Day) photos, quite a good selection of fireworks photos and the rest are mainly the various lands in the parks, some nice AK ones in there, things like the Disney Railroad, etc. There are a good 200+ photos and all high resolution. I really had no regrets about the money I paid for the first copy which I bought and if they brought out a new one without too many duplicates of what I already have, I'd gladly buy another. But then I am into digital scrapbooking and all that stuff so there is an appeal to me that may not be there for others. For what it's worth, I have printed out some actual prints from the CD too for DD to do paper scrapbooking with and to add to her albums and they printed beautifully.

Thank you so much for the information! I do digital photobooks, so it sounds right up my alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter