Memory Maker Share??

TessieA

Mouseketeer
Any idea where to locate Memory Maker shares? My family is going the second week of June and I am trying to find a share group.

Thanks!

I looked on Facebook, but only found one for September. Maybe everyone decided it was too difficult with Memory Maker.

Why were they banned? Just curious as I don't mean to stir anything up.
Because they sometimes go wrong and people get ripped off. The people who run the disboards were getting tired of people complaining to them and asking to be reimbursed.

Because they sometimes go wrong and people get ripped off. The people who run the disboards were getting tired of people complaining to them and asking to be reimbursed.

Totally makes sense. No other way around that then. Thanks for the info!

If anyone is looking for a share for late May, send me a message and we can coordinate off the dis.

be very very aware that all the new website info, the my magic bands,and things are stored at their site now,making shares extremely difficult. It may or may not work for you if you find one, but the likelihood of problems with the new computer setup is HUGE. It can take WEEKS and HOURS on the phone trying to sort out,and I wouldn't recommend it. (personal experience,it's just not worth it IMHO) YMMV

be very very aware that all the new website info, the my magic bands,and things are stored at their site now,making shares extremely difficult. It may or may not work for you if you find one, but the likelihood of problems with the new computer setup is HUGE. It can take WEEKS and HOURS on the phone trying to sort out,and I wouldn't recommend it. (personal experience,it's just not worth it IMHO) YMMV

While we have not done a "Share" of memory maker, just knowing how it works, I would ! NOT ! consider sharing with anyone but possibly family or close friends. (And even that is still up for debate). Ultimately ONE person has control over the pictures. If it's not YOU then it's someone else and there is no guarantee that they will do their part either. So if you do choose to "Share" a memory maker, just know what you are getting into. I am sure that Disney moved things in this way for just such a reason.

i know that on the WDW subreddit you arent even allowed to talk about an in family share because they consider it working the system lol personally i wouldnt try a share with strangers if you have a whole family going divide the cost between the groups adults would be my advice

An "In Family" share I would think would be ideal. How would you separate "Family"? I mean you could say that brother/Sister-in-law and their kids are one family while DH/DW/Kids are another, but what if they live in the same house (which is getting more common now-a-days). We went with our family (Me/DW/DD9/DD17) and my DD17's BF who is a legal adult and does not live with us. He was however, part of our group. Stayed with us in our camper at Fort Wilderness, and in fact we paid for most of his trip. So could we not share the Memory maker?

That distinction is a hard one to make. Clearly if there is no relationship between families then it's easier, but again, who is to make that determination?

Either way, I would NOT share memory maker with someone I did not know or trust. In fact, I would be more of the mindset that we are paying for it, and if you want to jump on board with us, fine. If you then want to share the cost AFTER I have shared the photos, so much the better, but that way I don't feel guilty about any obligation. If something happens and I don't (or can't) share, I still have my photos.

An "In Family" share I would think would be ideal. How would you separate "Family"? I mean you could say that brother/Sister-in-law and their kids are one family while DH/DW/Kids are another, but what if they live in the same house (which is getting more common now-a-days). We went with our family (Me/DW/DD9/DD17) and my DD17's BF who is a legal adult and does not live with us. He was however, part of our group. Stayed with us in our camper at Fort Wilderness, and in fact we paid for most of his trip. So could we not share the Memory maker?

That distinction is a hard one to make. Clearly if there is no relationship between families then it's easier, but again, who is to make that determination?

When i say in family i basically mean anyone you know, some people share with strangers to lower costs so by in family i just mean people you know. When I am going my group will be split into groupA and groupB and in seperate resorts and we will be sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter