memory maker question

ktspac

Earning My Ears
we are going to be in Disney for a week and meeting another family there also. if we buy a memory maker package - we can all share the same package then right?

we've never met up with friends or family there before so didn't know how it would work.

Yes! We shared with friends who had an overlapping trip in June. You have to link as "friends" in MDE. I think it involved sending an email request, and the friend has to accept. Then one person buys MM, and the other has to make sure their settings allow the buyer to "view and download my photos." I think it's the default when you become "friends," but always double-check.

You may be able to see each other's reservations and FP+'s too, but you are able to "hide" your plans from one another. That's what my friend and I did, because we weren't touring together (except for one afternoon), and it was a little confusing to see the extra stuff in there. I had a three-second freak-out because MDE showed a Sci-Fi reservation that I was *sure* I had canceled, and I thought I'd have to pay the no-show fee... only to realize it was HER reservation I was seeing. :blush: It is important to note that we COULD NOT alter one another's reservations or FP+! I was worried we could accidentally mess up the other family's stuff, but there was no way to do that. If you already have MDE set up so you can manage their account (if you're making all the FPs for everyone), then I think it is already set up to share photos.

Note that to change the preferences for a Family or Friend for photo sharing you need to do it on the computer and not the app.

Also, who ever bought the MM will have the rights to download. If you bought then you will need to give your friend your log in information so they can edit pictures and download to their computer.

Edits can only be seen on the account they are done on. So all edits need to be completed under the user account of whomever bought the MM. This was a 4 hour mistake on my part so I wanted to put that out there.

Make sure that all the pictures from your friends account show up on yours or vice versa. The total number of photos on each account should equal (before edits). If they don't equal something is wrong. Call photopass help if this happens. They were extremely helpful this past trip as a few hundred photos weren't transferring between accounts. Ended up being a ticket issue they had to go through all the photos one by one to see what was missing and reassign to another magicband on my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter