memory maker purchase

sejeta

Mouseketeer
I had something happen with my purchase that I wanted to warn others about.

First I wanted to say I'm always checking prices so I always have something in my cart!

Anyway, I guess I already had a memory maker in my cart when I went to purchase. All looked okay but when I went to check out it gave a warning that I can't exactly remember but the cart said purchase 149 I said great put in credit card info, receipt says 149 again all is great. We get email confirmation about it, okay. Then I get another different email saying it was not processed! okay what :confused:

So now I'm a little worried!

next day we get an email about a FedEx delivery. except we get 2 delivered.
Now I'm upset, what do I need 2 cards when I only bought one memory maker! so we email them and just yesterday they email back that I need to call!
So just a warning, clear your cart before ordering :rotfl:

I also have a question, has this happened to anyone else and what was the result? I'm on hold now so hopefully I can get one of these charges reversed.

thanks for letting me vent!

Hopefully theyll have no trouble reversing one purchase for you. I believe it says "nonrefundable" somewhere in the descriptions, but when my extended family went together my dad and I both purchased before we knew we could all share one memory maker. With a short phone call, the CM canceled one memory maker and refunded the full amount no problem. Good luck!

Hopefully theyll have no trouble reversing one purchase for you. I believe it says "nonrefundable" somewhere in the descriptions, but when my extended family went together my dad and I both purchased before we knew we could all share one memory maker. With a short phone call, the CM canceled one memory maker and refunded the full amount no problem. Good luck!

I finally got through to Disney and after waiting 30 minutes calling from Canada:eek: I was able to get one of my purchases refunded! It was pretty easy. I feel so much better now.
Now I just have to wait 4 more weeks till I'm at WDW:woohoo:

My family of 4 and my sister's family of 3 will be going in May.

So am I understanding that the 2 of us can share 1 memory maker? Does it complicate things if we decided to do 2 separate parks one day?

My family of 4 and my sister's family of 3 will be going in May.

So am I understanding that the 2 of us can share 1 memory maker? Does it complicate things if we decided to do 2 separate parks one day?

As long as you are all linked you can share. You can all be at different parks as long as everyone scans their magic band all the pictures will appear! Have a magical trip!:thumbsup2

As long as you are all linked you can share. You can all be at different parks as long as everyone scans their magic band all the pictures will appear! Have a magical trip!:thumbsup2

I just purchased the Memory Maker for our January trip, what do you mean "as long as everyone scans their magic band"... do you have to scan before getting on a ride, etc? I've never been to WDW, so sorry for not understanding what you mean by this. I guess I was under the impression that the magic bands had RFID so you don't have to scan? What am I mis-understanding? :confused3

Thank you!!!!!

I just purchased the Memory Maker for our January trip, what do you mean "as long as everyone scans their magic band"... do you have to scan before getting on a ride, etc? I've never been to WDW, so sorry for not understanding what you mean by this. I guess I was under the impression that the magic bands had RFID so you don't have to scan? What am I mis-understanding? :confused3

Thank you!!!!!

When you ride, your RFID in the band will automatically capture your photo into your online Memory Maker account. When you go to a photopass photographer standing in various areas around the parks, they will use their scanner to "beep" someone's band and assign those shots to your account. In MDE, all members of your party should be listed by name, linked as family and friends and all should have permissions in settings set to "this person can view and purchase my photopass photos". If so, you'll all be set so that everyone's ride photos and photopass shots will appear in the same account, even if you are not together with the owner/purchaser of the Memory Maker at the time.

If I manage all the members on my MDE there isn't a spot to have them okay looking at and purchasing all the photos do they need to set up accounts? I just want to make sure when the kids rent with me and they get their hands scanned by a photographer that they all go on the memory maker. I have read every MM thread and I don't know why this is so confusing to me

Sorry to butt in

When you ride, your RFID in the band will automatically capture your photo into your online Memory Maker account. When you go to a photopass photographer standing in various areas around the parks, they will use their scanner to "beep" someone's band and assign those shots to your account. In MDE, all members of your party should be listed by name, linked as family and friends and all should have permissions in settings set to "this person can view and purchase my photopass photos". If so, you'll all be set so that everyone's ride photos and photopass shots will appear in the same account, even if you are not together with the owner/purchaser of the Memory Maker at the time.

Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter