Memory Maker pictures

Princess Disney Mom

DIS Veteran
Just to confirm; everyone in my Friends and Family list that takes a picture and has it scanned on their magic band will get that picture on my MDE account. Ie kids can go off on their own and scan their own pictures. Since I am the owner I can download all the pictures at the end of the trip.

Sorry, but can you clarify, linked as in on my friends and family list, or linked as in accounts managed by one person? Everyone in my group has their own mde account so I want to make sure linking by adding them into my f&f will be enough.

To add onto the confusion I called the Disney hotline and they said only ONE magic band can be linked to memory maker at a time. I think maybe she didn't understand what I was asking

Sorry, but can you clarify, linked as in on my friends and family list, or linked as in accounts managed by one person? Everyone in my group has their own mde account so I want to make sure linking by adding them into my f&f will be enough.

To add onto the confusion I called the Disney hotline and they said only ONE magic band can be linked to memory maker at a time. I think maybe she didn't understand what I was asking
I get confusing information too. When I spoke to Disney IT he put my sister on my MDE account linked as a friend and said when she scans her band her pictures will come to my memory maker.

That is correct. Only 1 MDE account can "own" the MM. Think of that as the primary MM user.
Anyone showing on your Friends and Family list that has a MB is a secondary user
All photos taken by anyone on your friends list, that has a magic band, will be on your PP account.

Once the people are linked to you and on your Friends and Family list you can edit to make sure the account is set to share photos/plans, etc. Just click edit next to the name on the Friends and Family list

When we went last fall, many of the pics taken by Disney photographers showed up in our account, but some did not. I remember taking the pics, but they never showed up. Do photographers sometimes think they have scanned your MB when they really haven't? Anyone else have a problem with this? Maybe sometimes the MB scan does not go through? Is there a way to prevent these missing photos?

The more I read, the more I am thinking of getting MM. My group is three couples. One couple has Annual passes and will be staying with local family members. Our trip is Sat-Sunday and the other couple is Wed-Wed. Can I link everyone to the same MM or will it stop the photos after I check out. The others will all be there for a few days after us.

I traveled with a big group last year and we got MM. It was great. We were all linked.

I won't go back without MM.

When we went last fall, many of the pics taken by Disney photographers showed up in our account, but some did not. I remember taking the pics, but they never showed up. Do photographers sometimes think they have scanned your MB when they really haven't? Anyone else have a problem with this? Maybe sometimes the MB scan does not go through? Is there a way to prevent these missing photos?
Yes, sometimes things happen (Disney's IT systems are VERY GLITCHY, so not surprise I'm sure) and the photos are not linked correctly. Luckily 9 out of 10 times, the PP department can locate the missing photos. There is a link on the site to report a missing photo, or a Magic Shot that is missing magic. It helps them if you can remember the time, the park, the location, and what you had on.

The more I read, the more I am thinking of getting MM. My group is three couples. One couple has Annual passes and will be staying with local family members. Our trip is Sat-Sunday and the other couple is Wed-Wed. Can I link everyone to the same MM or will it stop the photos after I check out. The others will all be there for a few days after us.
In your case it may be helpful for you to created a dummy MDE account that is just for MM. That way you can share photos but you don't have to share all of your plans like FP or ADR. I like that method when you are with a group that is not the people you normally travel with. There is someone who wrote an e-book on the steps to accomplish this, in case you can't figure it out. If you'd be interested in purchasing it let me know and I'll post a link. It's like $1

No worries about needing the separate MDE, we are already all friends on MDE and travel together frequently. I may just have the couple who is staying the longest purchase it under their accounts so I know the dates won't get cut off.

They can still take picture after you leave. You have 30 days from when the first photo was taken.

Here is my situation. We have 2 sets of families and would like to purchase 1 MM. I manage the MDE account for my family. DH does not have his own MDE account (neither do the kids). Family #2 is the same way. Only one MDE account. I am linked through friends and family with the husband in Family #2. Let's say my family has a photo taken and they scan my husbands MB. I know these photos will show up in my account, but will they show up in Family #2's account? Since my husband is not linked to them as friends and family? If my husband signs up with MDE can I still manage it for him for FP+ purposes? Meaning I can book all of our fastpasses at once? Thanks so much and please let me know if I need to clarify more!

Here is my situation. We have 2 sets of families and would like to purchase 1 MM. I manage the MDE account for my family. DH does not have his own MDE account (neither do the kids). Family #2 is the same way. Only one MDE account. I am linked through friends and family with the husband in Family #2. Let's say my family has a photo taken and they scan my husbands MB. I know these photos will show up in my account, but will they show up in Family #2's account? Since my husband is not linked to them as friends and family? If my husband signs up with MDE can I still manage it for him for FP+ purposes? Meaning I can book all of our fastpasses at once? Thanks so much and please let me know if I need to clarify more!

Only one person is in charge of the MM entitlement, so all photos would only show up in that person's account.

Only one person is in charge of the MM entitlement, so all photos would only show up in that person's account.

Ok but last year we had 4 families and each purchased MM. Because some of us were linked as friends and family I could view their pics in my account. Even though I was not assigned their MM entitlement.

Anyone who is linked to your MDE as a Friend or Family can have pictures loaded to your PP account. Go to the Friends and Family list in the MDE and click Edit. Check to see what exact items you are sharing. Photos should be one of them. If they are listed there, their photos will be with yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter