Memory maker only character meet and greet

You can carry a camera and get your own photos but MM is still worth it in addition that in my opinion. You get professional photos, magic shots (Tinkerbell added to an outstretched hand or whatever...yeah you could do it yourself with photoshop but it is still neat), on-ride photos for any attraction that has them, better meet and greet photos in my opinion, character meal photos, tons of great photos when you do things like Jedi Training or Enchanted Tales with Belle, and your whole family can all be in a picture instead of one of you taking it or handing your camera to a stranger. If you purchase it ahead of time there is slight cost savings and if you are going for a week, it has always seemed like a relatively minimal cost for lots of benefits to me.

* I think it is $149 if you buy it at least 3 days prior to the trip. Afterwards it is more expensive.

Thanks for this! Yes, it does sound like it would be worth it for us (I LOVE our holiday photos, but we hardly EVER get any with ALL of us in, and, if you also get the ride pictures and stuff like Jedi training and Belle, it would be good)

Yes you can but memory maker gives you professional photos and the ability to download all of your Disney photos to your computer. With memory maker you can also add borders and other fun stuff to your photos.

For me memory maker is worth it. I'll still always bring my camera but it's nice to have those photos with everyone in them.
For some it is for the ability to get the whole family in the photo

So, people, tell me why Memory Maker is a good thing to pay extra for?
Can I not just take my own photos?

The biggest benefit for me is that we are all in the photos...something that rarely happens in our family because I'm usually behind the lens!
I now don't even bring my SLR camera with me, and just use my phone to capture some candid shots along the way

The biggest benefit for me is that we are all in the photos...something that rarely happens in our family because I'm usually behind the lens!
I now don't even bring my SLR camera with me, and just use my phone to capture some candid shots along the way

Yes, I think the idea of getting more than a very occasional photo with all of us, to mark a really special family holiday is really selling it to me, that and the fact that, I assume, once they are taken, they are there, and no amount of camera losing, accidental damage will lose them...

Yes, I think the idea of getting more than a very occasional photo with all of us, to mark a really special family holiday is really selling it to me, that and the fact that, I assume, once they are taken, they are there, and no amount of camera losing, accidental damage will lose them...

I also like it even more now because (we moved from England to Canada 5 years ago) now we make a DVD of all the photos and send them to our parents after each trip so they can see their grandbabies !!

So, for $169 I'm good for 10 days? (so, is only about £13 a day) And, they have photographers in all the parks and in some resorts? Then, it is easy for me to have pictures with all of us in them? Pictures at character meets? Those cool effect photos? And, I can download them when I get back to the UK? (this is why I know nothing about it - we book through a travel agent, who doesn't even give advice to make ADRS or FP+ - thank goodness for the DIS)

Thanks for this! Yes, it does sound like it would be worth it for us (I LOVE our holiday photos, but we hardly EVER get any with ALL of us in, and, if you also get the ride pictures and stuff like Jedi training and Belle, it would be good)

I think it is one of the better investment at WDW. FWIW, any photographer will take you picture with your own camera or phone. Just ask. However, with MM, you will have a lot of family pics, and you have the "magical enhancements" that appear in your pics. Also the cameo ride pics are included as well. The pics are professional quality and ay capture what you might miss. You can enjoy your kids while the photographer takes their pic.

My DD downloaded the whole shebang, and even though we did not get as many of the pics we woudl have wanted, (Hot as blazes, and LONG thunderstorms on our trip) she was able to customize enough photos to make gorgeous memory book for me and lovely collages for all of us.

I think it is one of the better investment at WDW. FWIW, any photographer will take you picture with your own camera or phone. Just ask. However, with MM, you will have a lot of family pics, and you have the "magical enhancements" that appear in your pics. Also the cameo ride pics are included as well. The pics are professional quality and ay capture what you might miss. You can enjoy your kids while the photographer takes their pic.

My DD downloaded the whole shebang, and even though we did not get as many of the pics we woudl have wanted, (Hot as blazes, and LONG thunderstorms on our trip) she was able to customize enough photos to make gorgeous memory book for me and lovely collages for all of us.

Thank you. Yes, I am definitely thinking to add this to our pre trip expenses!

We bought memory maker for our first trip and I loved it! I am never ever in pictures, so it was really nice to have some pics of the entire family from the trip. My only complaint would be that there are not photographers at character meals. It would be nice to have a couple floating around to get pictures there. That is not enough to discourage me from getting it for our next trip, though. It's also fabulous if your kids are young. Mine were completely enthralled with the magic shots when we saw them afterwards.

We were lucky enough to be given it free, as well as the dining plan, on our first trip, and we were happy to purchase it for our next trip. Well worth the price. They have added fun mini videos with rides like Mine Train and TOT in DS. Very cool!

For my next trip I was debating getting this since I know how many pictures the photopass people take and actually having access to it, but then I remembered I'm the youngest in my family and it might not be worth it for only adults. If this proved to be interesting I might actually suggest this again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter