• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker - Off Site Guests

deniden

Earning My *Dumbo* Ears
Hi!

I'm contemplating buying the Memory Maker in advance for our upcoming trip. I always pre-ordered Photopass and loved it.

My question is - we are staying off-site, so what do they scan since we don't have MBs? I know we get a card, but what if my party splits up? Can they use regular Photopass cards? And if so, how do I link all of the pictures afterwards?

Thanks in advance!!
Denielle

I was just going to post a thread with this exact question. I hope someone knows the answer! I'm so confused!

Hi! I'm contemplating buying the Memory Maker in advance for our upcoming trip. I always pre-ordered Photopass and loved it. My question is - we are staying off-site, so what do they scan since we don't have MBs? I know we get a card, but what if my party splits up? Can they use regular Photopass cards? And if so, how do I link all of the pictures afterwards? Thanks in advance!! Denielle
from my understanding there is only 1 memory maker card that specifically needs to be scanned if you are adding an attraction photo. But for dining photos and other photos at the Disney photographers they still do regular photopass cards and you can have multiple of those linked to one account. That's just my understanding from talking to cast member. I will be going in 2 weeks and I can follow back up when I return :)

I just saw on another thread that we can get Magic Bands even is staying off-site.
yes. Now u can. But attraction photo restriction still holds true. It can only be used by person with card or assign to one person with magic band.

We just got back from WDW last weekend and we stayed offsite. If your party splits up you can use Photopass cards. You have to visit one of the Photopass locations in any of the parks and have them linked to your Memory Maker card. I visited 2 locations throughout the week and it took maybe 10 minutes each time to link the photos. Really easy!

We just got back from WDW last weekend and we stayed offsite. If your party splits up you can use Photopass cards. You have to visit one of the Photopass locations in any of the parks and have them linked to your Memory Maker card. I visited 2 locations throughout the week and it took maybe 10 minutes each time to link the photos. Really easy!

You don't really need to link them to your PhotoPass card. It's an unnecessary step.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You don't really need to link them to your PhotoPass card. It's an unnecessary step.

I was told that they had to be linked to my Memory Maker card in order to view them all on my account online and be able to edit and download them together. Maybe that was wrong information? Either way it was easy to do and I had all of my photos together in one spot.

I was told that they had to be linked to my Memory Maker card in order to view them all on my account online and be able to edit and download them together. Maybe that was wrong information? Either way it was easy to do and I had all of my photos together in one spot.

Yeah that's some misinformation. It doesn't matter how you gather photos on what media. You don't even need to use the memory maker card at all once it's linked.

Yeah that's some misinformation. It doesn't matter how you gather photos on what media. You don't even need to use the memory maker card at all once it's linked.

We were offsite and didn't have MagicBands though. Does that make a difference?

Hi there! I'm a photopass photographer answering questions in another thread in the forums. I saw this so I thought I would jump in:

If you are staying off-site you will get a white card with either Mr. or Mrs. Incredible on it (either in the mail or at Will Call). You will use this for all your photos. If you are in a large party that splits up the other group can get a regular white and green photopass card from any PP photographer. Later you can combine them together at any view station, which is very easy to do.

Another option is to purchase magic bands in the park, which are about $13 each. You can link the MM to the band. Once that is done you will pretty much never need to use the card. Your whole group can be linked together as "family and friends" so every time a photo is scanned to a band it will show up in one account online.

One warning though - if the group doesn't get the bands and splits up with cards, those who go on an attraction that takes a photo may have a hard time getting their photo if they don't have the MM card. It really depends on the attraction. If you have a band and say you have MM there really isn't anything they can do to check so they just give out the photo. If you have a regular PP card they may assume you are lying since there is no MM card. However, sometimes they will just give it to you because if you don't have MM you will have to buy it anyway. I know, it sounds really complicated and I'm not 100% positive about everything since PP photos and attractions photos are two different systems.

Hope that helps!

Hi there! I'm a photopass photographer answering questions in another thread in the forums. I saw this so I thought I would jump in:

If you are staying off-site you will get a white card with either Mr. or Mrs. Incredible on it (either in the mail or at Will Call). You will use this for all your photos. If you are in a large party that splits up the other group can get a regular white and green photopass card from any PP photographer. Later you can combine them together at any view station, which is very easy to do.

Another option is to purchase magic bands in the park, which are about $13 each. You can link the MM to the band. Once that is done you will pretty much never need to use the card. Your whole group can be linked together as "family and friends" so every time a photo is scanned to a band it will show up in one account online.

One warning though - if the group doesn't get the bands and splits up with cards, those who go on an attraction that takes a photo may have a hard time getting their photo if they don't have the MM card. It really depends on the attraction. If you have a band and say you have MM there really isn't anything they can do to check so they just give out the photo. If you have a regular PP card they may assume you are lying since there is no MM card. However, sometimes they will just give it to you because if you don't have MM you will have to buy it anyway. I know, it sounds really complicated and I'm not 100% positive about everything since PP photos and attractions photos are two different systems.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!

Hope that helps!

I saw a tip on another thread where someone said you can take a photo of the MM card, and show it to the CM for the attraction photos to have it linked to the account. Do you know if this is true? Seems like a clever idea and really easy! I was hoping that's what we could do!

I saw a tip on another thread where someone said you can take a photo of the MM card, and show it to the CM for the attraction photos to have it linked to the account. Do you know if this is true? Seems like a clever idea and really easy! I was hoping that's what we could do!

I doubt that will work. If you look at the back of a normal PP card you will see a 12 digit/letter code which can be typed into the computer. MM cards don't have that. It's all digital. That is another reason why we can't add attraction photos to MM at the view station: even we called the attraction with the photo number they still can't add it to the card since there are no code, just an ID number so you can link the card to your online account. It physically needs to be tapped to the card reader. So even if you have a picture of it there is nothing they can do. The picture can't even prove you bought it since each card looks alike and there is no way to prove that the card is yours or just a random picture on the internet. I guess you can bring a confirmation or a receipt of the MM to prove you bought it. They might be able to give you the photo on another card but they can't add it to the original MM card unless it is there in person.

Nice idea, but no, it wouldn't work.

However, DO take a picture of any regular PP cards you have. We can't scan them off your phone/camera but in case you lose it we can still type in the code in the view station, pull up all your photos, and add them to another card.

When I was there in Jan., I used my park ticket to put all my photos on. I turned it backwards in my lanyard sleeve, and just told ride operators I had memory maker. I also just had Photopass photogs scan my ticket, telling them I had memory maker. I had one ride operator argue w/ me, but scan my ticket anyway. I had one PP photog absolutely refuse to scan the card. The first couple of days in the park, I had a few problems when I just tried to present my ticket, but once I turned it around, and just presented it as Memory Maker, I had no problem. My MM card did not come in the mail, and even though I had a confirmation number, no one seemed to be able to figure out what to do to get me one. Every photo ended up in my acct, even though several PP photogs told me it wouldn't work, and gave me a back-up card. The only photo that didn't show up was the last one we had taken on our last night. We got another family :) I never contacted Disney about it because I got too busy when we got back. Also, we had about 10 families in our group, and eventually everyone got their photos linked to my acct.

Oh dear god that's the scariest post I've read on the boards. For the love of god please don't scan your park tickets for photos. That's the worst advice I've ever read on this board.

Carry on.

Oh dear god that's the scariest post I've read on the boards. For the love of god please don't scan your park tickets for photos. That's the worst advice I've ever read on this board.

Carry on.

Can you explain to me WHY this is such a bad/"scary" idea. I had absolutely no problems with it, and it what I was told be a couple of CMs to do. Every single photo was put onto the chip, and I did not have any issues with my ticket. It was my understanding that your ticket would function as a "MagicCard" if you were not onsite.

I am seriously trying to find out why it's a bad idea...not trying to be rude or snarky. I plan on being back in Dec. with an even larger group of people, most staying offsite, and want to give them the best advice on how to get their photos.

I had 40 people with me in Jan and no one ever had issues w/ their tickets.

Just have them use regular PhotoPass cards.

They generally will not scan a reg. PP card at a ride.

Seriously, can you explain to me why it's a bad idea. I don't understand why. If needed you can PM me, but I truly don't understand, esp. as I had no problems with it.

I am telling everyone in the group this year that all the PP pictures and anything on the Magic Band, if they have one, will be included, as I know they can be linked to my MDE and I can download them. However, I'm telling them ride photos are a bonus if they get them, and if they want to be assured of it, they can buy an attractions+ card.

Unless I know why it shouldn't be done, though, I will continue to have photos scanned onto my ticket and will advise others in my party to do the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter