Memory maker discount is now gone?

DVCKev

DVC Member
When did the $169 advanced purchase discount stop? I was just on Disney's site and I only see the full $199 price and the $69 for the 1 day. Another Chapek move no doubt!

I don't see it either. I just went to go buy it for our trip next week and it's not there. Only full price or one day.

I still see the $169 options. Last time we got it, it was a waste due to the mask rules back in January. Are there a lot of outdoor photo spots now? On the fence about getting it for our next trip.

Not showing up for me either. I bought it for $199 yesterday for our mid-November trip. I spent 3 hours on hold calling them and they said they are only offering the $199 so I went ahead and purchased. Not sure why they got rid of the discounted advance option but we can all take a guess.

Last edited:
Not showing up for me either. I bought it for $199 yesterday for our mid-November trip. I spent 3 hours on hold calling them and they said they are only offering the $199 so I went ahead and purchased. Not sure why they got rid of the discounted advance option but we can all take a guess.
I have a trip next week and the $169 option is still there.

Maybe try on a computer rather than the app? I had the same problem last week when I tried to purchase through the app but when I went to the Disneyworld website on my desktop, the advance purchase option was available.
Right, I was on my computer not the app. Hopefully that works for you BrotherCraig.

Maybe try on a computer rather than the app? I had the same problem last week when I tried to purchase through the app but when I went to the Disneyworld website on my desktop, the advance purchase option was available.

Yes, that worked. I always use an iPad for my travel stuff. Ugh! Well, I already paid the $199 so it is what it is. I appreciate the response and the correction there. Now I know. Thank you.

My TA got it for me today- she said you can only buy it for 169 online, not through the app! I think I've done it through the app before, but whatever... seems sneaky bc people will just buy it for 199 on the app now not knowing.

Yes, when I tried to buy it this summer through the app it did not show the discount. Went online and it was there. Not sure I would buy again though as most of our photos were missing. When I got back home from our trip I had to spend a whole hour on the phone with Disney while they searched for my photos and videos. Had to give them approximate timeframes I was at each attraction so that was fun and not very magical. But I do give the cast member credit in that they were able to find each photo for me and they were very patient in not rushing me off the phone.

Wierd, I went to the online site not the app this time and got the same thing showing only the $199 price. So I googled pre-arrival disney photopass to see if I could find a link, checked the first 2 or 3 and the third one took me to the correct page. Not sure why when I was logged in and went to Photopass it didn't show. But I was able to book the $169 price for my next August trip, so I am happy! I would suggest to refresh the page once at photopass site, also try logging out of the disney site before going to photopass site. Last resort do what I did and google for a link and try them I got one to work. At these prices disney is now charging I'm gonna go to the end of earth to get any kind of disney discount at this point, THanks Chapek!

FYI- if are are active duty military or retired (qualify for the military salute tickets) you can purchase for $99 at the guest services and have it active from day one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter