• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker basics

my3sonsagn

DIS Veteran
The last time we went to WDW they were doing the roll-out/testing of Magic Bands and they offered PhotoPass+ which I pre-ordered. At that time the instructions I got said to take my pre-order info to a place in Downtown Disney (I think there was one other place you could do it, but I don't remember where right now) to get it activated and the access card for it. TBH, it was kind of a pain given how crowded DD was. Do you have to do that with Memory Maker or does it link to the Bands automatically or how does that part work now? TIA.

Links to your bands now! Some people have talked about their card, but I never got one with MM and didn't need it. I imagine an offset visitor (doesn't have bands) or someone who simply prefers it would want a card, but I'm not sure where you get it.

In order to get the pre-purchase discount ($169 vs $199) you must buy at least 3 days ahead of time.

I'm going in a couple weeks, staying offsite, & got MM. They sent me a card in the mail to use with it.

Thanks! We're staying on-site and have our MagicBands, so hopefully it'll just link up easy-peasy :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter