Memory Maker and ride photos

disneyfamilyfive

Mouseketeer
I thought I well understood Memory maker after reading all the posts I could on the forum...but now I see this link from Disney, stating friends and family (linked) can't attach ride photos to the account, only the person who is assigned to the Memory maker. There are a number of rides that my children and husband will ride, that I will not be riding...and my parents and brother/sister-in law will be riding that I will not be. I had assumed if we were all linked through MDE that everyone linked could have any photos (including rides) linked to my memory maker account.
Anyone been there recently to explain to me the ins and outs of ride photos. We leave in 2 weeks!!

Here is the link of what I read.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/linking-attraction-photos/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM1145

Hi, I email disney about this, we not staying at disney so don't have the bands but got the memory maker card and my husband will be going on rides I won't be and I got told to give him the card and he can have the ride photos add to it.

This is correct

What we plan to do, take a photo of your ride photo with the NUMBER, or you can just write down the number and you can go by the ride anytime that day and have them put on your band. You have to do it the same day

Aughhh...at least there is away around it, but what a pain...I thought this system was going to be so easy!! Are the photo areas of the ride (where I would need to go to get the number put on) easy to get to...I thought most were right at the end of the ride??

How did you get a card...is it because you don't have a band. I wonder if I can get a card, even though I have a band??

Yes think cards are for all off site guest. We got card posted to us after we pay for memory maker online

The card worked for us last year- we were onsite but did not have the bands.

I saw the same thing posted on the website, so I opened a chat window and asked a CM. I was told that if you are connected in MDE all you need to do is scan the number of the ride picture to your band at the ride’s photo counter. But anyone can add it to their band as long as you are connected. The only person who can download the pictures is the person who holds the MM account.

The language on the site is confusing and makes you think that the person with MM is the only person who can add photos, but I was told this is not true.

Just got back and I think in every case the place you "pick up" the photos is the gift shop at the end of the ride. So as long as you are waiting for your family and not touring other areas of the park, it should be easy, even if pp is not correct about anyone being able to link the photos (and I do think that is correct).

Have them get the photo number as they exit the ride and you can meet them in the gift shop and get the photo using your band (if necessary).

Sometimes the place you first see the photos is only accessible to those riding, but the place you actually GET the photos seems to always be in a gift shop that anyone can access.

wait WHAT.... we leave tomorrow and have memory maker... I thought ANYONE linked in our MDE (the rest of family) could have ride photos added!?!? but only I could download them...

now I am super confused.. will my oldest DD not be able to add the ride photos herself when we are seperated??

"Immediately after you have experienced a participating attraction, please visit the attraction’s Sales Center and link the photo to your Disney account. You can link the photo using any MagicBand or card linked to your account—including Memory Maker cards and Disney PhotoPass Cards"

I think what they mean here is that anyone who is connected to your MDE (and your MM through your MDE) can use their magic band (including ride photos).

"Attraction photos can only be linked to your Disney account if Memory Maker is assigned to you. Your family and friends cannot link attraction photos to their Disney account."

I THINK they are saying that when they use their magic bands that are connected to your MDE/Magic Memories - only you have access. They cannot link those pictures to their own MDE. It is on your Memory Maker assigned to your MDE.

The wording on the Memory Maker instructions/help files, seem more geared to protecting MM from folks going at MM for misrepresentation. It all reads more like lawyer speak than anything else.

Yes think cards are for all off site guest. We got card posted to us after we pay for memory maker online

You get a card no matter what. We are onsite and have a card.

There have been many reports on the boards of people having their linked family members having the ride photos added to their account. I don't think it really is only the one with the authorization to download the photos. I guess I will find out for sure in 10 days!

You get a card no matter what. We are onsite and have a card.

There have been many reports on the boards of people having their linked family members having the ride photos added to their account. I don't think it really is only the one with the authorization to download the photos. I guess I will find out for sure in 10 days!

We did not get a card, only our bands. We stopped by the MK town hall photo shop just to make sure we were good to go with our bands. Any of us were able to add photos to the account but I have not tried downloading yet.

"Attraction photos can only be linked to your Disney account if Memory Maker is assigned to you. Your family and friends cannot link attraction photos to their Disney account."

I THINK they are saying that when they use their magic bands that are connected to your MDE/Magic Memories - only you have access. They cannot link those pictures to their own MDE. It is on your Memory Maker assigned to your MDE.

Yep. They can't link their pictures to their MDE account; as long as they're on your Friends and Family list, their pictures can be added to your account.

If you get a card no matter what, when do you get the card? I have memory maker, we get to WDW in 17 days, and I have not received a card yet. (Although I did get two sets of customized maps!)

Yep. They can't link their pictures to their MDE account; as long as they're on your Friends and Family list, their pictures can be added to your account.

That is pretty much what the CM told me online yesterday- and it sounds like that is what people are seeing in practice. The pictures on linked accounts go into the one big MM account on MDE, and then the person who purchased it can download any/all of them.

It does sound like you have to stop at the photo station at the end of the ride, tell the person the number of your photo, and have them load it to a band of someone in the party, but it does not have to be the person who can download the pictures. It can be anyone.

I believe that eventually it will automatically load onto your band, but right now that does not happen consistently so stopping and making sure the number gets on the band will ensure that you have the picture.

I would advise keeping a list of the numbers/dates. Last year, we had a couple not appear in our account (with PP+). Having the number made it much easier to retrieve when I called.

We just got back from a trip with MM. We never got a card, but we used bands. Anyone that I had linked to MDE was about to use their bands to add ride photos or photopass pics.

Like the pp, I think eventually the ride photos will just automatically be added. When we went in November and were testing the magic bands, often ride photos would show up without us stopping at the kiosk for them. This trip we had to stop each time, and several times we had to go BACK to the kiosk a day later because for some reason the ride photos didn't take to the band. I stood in a very angry Splash Mountain line trying to find our photo for about 5 minutes one night. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter