Memories

steve51761

Mouseketeer
We just got our suitcases out for our next trip to WDW. We leave this Saturday, February 7, 2009. We found a receipt from our last trip and it was great! The receipt was for a turkey leg at Magic Kingdom! What a great treat! We'll, of course, be getting another when we go! We love those!! Anyone else find something like that unexpectedly???:cool1:

LOL...I love when that happens. I was getting my Disney box ready for our next trip and found our EMH wrist bands from last summer and some bags with receipts in them. It takes me back and gets me all excited again. I cannot wait to go back! I hope it is warm for your trip and that you have a great trip.

The extra Magical Express luggage tags always end up in the front of my suitcase and I pull them out when I'm packing...makes me miss that place

Same thing, when I pulled out our suitcases for our last trip, I found a receipt for a bratwurst we bought at Epcot in Germany.

It will be a few years before we get back there again. :sad1:

Thanks, worm. I sure hope it warms up! We have always had decent weather in February! It sure beats Ohio at this time of year!!:thumbsup2

Came across luggage tags with the Year of a Million Dreams logo on them and my kid's monorail co-pilots licenses while rummaging through my drawer...made me all excited that we are leaving in 8 days all over again!:goodvibes

Was looking for some things in a box of old stuff and found my 5 day ticket from 86 I think. This was back when it was a paper ticket and they actually stamped the date on it when it was used. Heck, the 5 days cost about the same as one day now! We should be almost to our hotel 48hrs from now!!! :banana: :banana:

I saved every receipt from my high school choir trip in '99. It had the ads to buy the bricks on the back of them. I finally picked a couple and threw the rest away.

I also found the program from when we sang at Epcot, the pictures of backstage Epcot and when our guy friends started dancing in Germany and a huuuuge crowd had gathered. Hilarious!

We have never been before, but we are also leaving this Saturday, Steve!

My family and I have never traveled farther than Rhode Island and we live in FREEZING COLD Massachusetts :) We are so nervous. My boyfriend, especially, about the plane trip. I just want to make sure we are all set packing wise. I have the camera but will I be smart enough to remember the charger? :rotfl2: I have shorts for the kids but do I have enough pants in case its cold? I dont know this stuff because I have never been down there!

We got a ticket to Aquatica but they are only open one day while we are down there. Is it going to be nice enough to want to play in a water park next Sunday??

I'm not sure if the water parks will be open in February....They may be down for refurbs. You may want to check the WDW website for sure. The Weather Channel was calling for mid-70's which is great for us. We'll be leaving from Ohio. Have a great time!:thumbsup2

We were there in April and celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. At Crystal Palace they had decorated our table with a heart out of Mickey confetti and gave us a card with the characters autographs. Well I scooped up the confetti and took it home. Flash forward 9 months later I am still finding Mickey heads around the house and no matter how much I sweep they keep coming back! I think they are multiplying! :rotfl2:

I was recently looking in the pockets of a bag we had carried at WDW In October 2005 & found some Mickey napkins! Boy was I excited. DH just shook his head at me when I showed them to him. :lmao:

Thanks, worm. I sure hope it warms up! We have always had decent weather in February! It sure beats Ohio at this time of year!!:thumbsup2

Hey, we're from Ohio, northeast and just returned from WDW this past Monday. We're not into the January trips but forced this time and lucked out weather wise, nice 80's cool mornings but I really enjoy the heat of fall in Florida. Pool was too cold to swim, so much for Disney pools being heated. Really liked watching the snow disappear out the train window in route, then seeing the red dirt and finally the palm trees. Coming home is the pits, leaving the sun and green grass to encounter the snow again, finding our car snowed in and covered to scrape the ice off the window and drive an hour home on snow/ice roads is not my way of living life. We're late 50's and we still play Disney World with our mugs and watch all the videos we took, past trip was our 42 stay in the World and nothing beats a frigid cold Ohio day than memories of a past Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter