Memorial Week Cruise May 24-29, 2009

Yes, be careful. I had personalized door magnets disappear during the safety drill on embarkation day.
BTW, you left me off of the participating family list for the FE, but I'm on the rotation for Tuesday. No biggie, just wanted to let you know we are in. Already got the gifts, can't wait.

Hey, my boat finally started moving on my ticker. It's about time !!!!

Sorry about that Rachel! I updated the list again!

Here is the updated FE schedule:

Memorial Day Weekend Cruise
The Wonder May 24-28, 2009

Our Meet & Greets: -:00pm at the Sail Away Party, on Deck 9 by the front towards the right hand of the stage. Wear a lime green Mickey head button, or shirt, or wave a flag! Bring your families (and cameras!)
Additional meet (in case we missed anyone at the sail away & to get better acquainted) at Wavebands 9:30pm the first night.

Our roster:
jenelabri (Jennifer) from ?; traveling w/DH, ds 9, dd 5 and both sets of grandparents; sea only?; 1st cruise; celebrating?; ? dining?; Deck? Room

candlemakerw/twins (name?) from Massachusetts; traveling w/DH, DD5, DD5; land&sea; 4th cruise; celebrating?; ?dining?; deck 6, room?

g-ma (Marlene) from Ohio; traveling w/DH (Ralph), DS (Ralph), DF (Sam); land&sea; 1st cruise; celebrating son's b-day/alone time/family; main dining; Deck 7 & 2, Room 7035

Kelly Lou (Kelly) from Ohio; traveling w/DH (Jim), DS8 (Jimmy), DS7 (Joey), and DD3 (M.E.) (and parents (g-ma), siblings, in laws, and neices and nephews- 17 total); Land&Sea&Land; 1st cruise; celebrating family; main dining; Deck 7 Room 7039

twokats (Kathy/Kat) from Texas; traveling w/DH & DM; land&sea&land; 1st cruise; celebrating 25th anniversary; late dining; deck 6, Room 6080

hillfam (Monique) from Georgia; traveling w/DH, DS7, DS2; Sea?&Land?; 4th cruise; celebrating DH's return/4th honeymoon; main dining; deck 6, room 6110

lilouisianagal (Claire) from Louisiana; traveling w/DH (Danny); Sea only; 1st cruise; celebrating Honeymoon; main dining; deck 2, room 2078

CUL8R (Tina) from Arizona; traveling w/DS18 Jacob, DS14 David; DF Cris; [little]land&sea;1st cruise; celebrating sons' graduations; main dining; deck 2, Room 2516

Dunnhorn (Leslie Ann) from Georgia; traveling w/ DH (Jason), DS7 & DD5; sea & land; celebrating 10th anniversary; main dining; deck 6

Willsgirl (Colleen) from Ohio; traveling w/ DH (Will), DD7 (Katie), DS4 (Brandon), &DS2 (David); land, sea & land; main dining; deck 2, rooms 2571 &2573

TiggerzFan (Donna) from Florida; traveling w/ DH, DD7, DD3; sea only; dining; deck 2 room 2142

gymstarr (Stephanie) from Florida; traveling w/ DD10; sea only; late dining; deck 6, room 6639

princessE (Eleni) from Florida; traveling w/DH, DS1, DS1; sea ; late dining; celebrating twin’s 1st b-day; deck5, room5510

thegalesga () from Georgia; traveling w/ DS9, DD8, DS6, DS6; sea; dining; deck 1; rooms 1070 & 1072

momster24 (Dawn) from Florida; traveling w/DH (Adam), DS7 (Ayden), sea,2nd cruise; celebrating son's b-day, main dining, deck 2, room 2502

kaykels (Rachel) from PA; traveling w/ DH (Bill), DD15 (Kaylee), DD12 (Kelsi-Jo), DS8 (Colby), DF (Pop Pop), late dining, deck 2, room 2141, 2143

candicenicole19 (Candice) from Maryland; traveling w/ DH (Kris), DD9 (Zoe), DD6 (Abby), DD3 (Olivia), main dining, sea only, deck 2, rooms 2530

Our Fish Extender schedule:
(Participating families are: Kelly Lou, g-ma, cuL8r, hillfam, twokats, lilouisianagal, Dunnhorn, Willsgirl, TiggerzFan, gymstarr, princessE, thegalesga, candicenicole19, kaykels, momster24)

Sunday 5-24: cuL8r, hillfam, TiggerzFan, candicenicole19
Monday 5-25: twokats, Kelly Lou, gymstarr, kaykels
Tuesday 5-26: lilouisianagal, Willsgirl, princessE, momster24
Wednesday 5-27: g-ma, Dunnhorn, thegalesga

This brings the total headcount to 59 people.
34 adults total (17m, 17f) and 25 kids total (13 and younger- 14boys, 11girls).

I'd like my son Ralph and his friend Sam added to the roster. They are on deck 7 near us. Since we're traveling as a group they'll be at the sail away with us, and Wave bands.

They are not doing the FE. Thanks!:)

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I do read kids mess with the Fe's. We will prob. use zip cord ties on ours. It's not full proof but avoids teenagers wanting to play swap games with your FE. hear they do this also with the door hangers. On a trip my sister took (not Disney...one of those other cruises, lol), the door hanger was marked for brkfst items to arrive at 8. This got changed by someone to be 6 am. They also made it for items like prunes, prune juice, ect. It seems we may have to roll with the punches, lol.

It may be better to plan most FE items for evening. This way there would be an idea of when to keep a lookout for them. I could see them easily disappearing to those with sticky fingers. :confused3

What if someone who is not part of our FE list....gets sticky fingers? Is that a possibility? I'm hoping not.....

sorry, y'all....just been thinking tooooooooo much!

Good Morning all! Wow just EIGHT more days til sailing!:banana:

Regarding the sticky fingers problem, it's not magical, there have been a few, rare reports of of the Fish Extenders disappearing, or at least being relocated - most likely by bored teens. Make sure to secure your FE to the fish hook with a zip tie (in the hardware section) or even floral wire (scissors or nail clippers will help cut them down) Generally personalized FEs are safer, but still....

Also, door magnets have sometimes suffered the same fate. I have seen DISers mark the backs of their magnets with the stateroom number, just in case.

And, while making your door magnets, it's always fun to commit "Random Acts of Magic".... I usually bring along several extras (of non-personalized ones, of course!) and put them on doors of fellow passengers who don't have any - like a magnet fairy! LOL!

On a trip my sister took (not Disney...one of those other cruises, lol), the door hanger was marked for brkfst items to arrive at 8. This got changed by someone to be 6 am. They also made it for items like prunes, prune juice, ect. It seems we may have to roll with the punches, lol.

. :confused3

OH MY!!!!:eek: Imagine being awakened at 6am to prune juice. Ewwww.

Wow - almost here. I still have to make my magnets and fish extender. Actually everything! The only thing I have done so far are the gifts. Can you tell, I save everything for the last minute! :rotfl:I hope my documents come today!

single digits- 6 more days!

Dawn

Wow! I can't believe that it is less than a week that we will all be sailing away! Our FE gifts have arrived, now to package them up :) The FE I ordered on eBay also arrived! I love it! The lady did a wonderful job! Now to start packing everything else!

Question for y'all, what do y'all plan on wearing for the dress-up night? Also, how early do y'all plan to arrive at the port on Sunday?

Oh, and y'all want to hear my little vent. We were in Miami this weekend at the Fountaineblue hotel for an event. Well, we had late check out at 2pm. As we were driving home I realized we had left my daughters tennis shoes with the orthodics in the room. I call the hotel (it had been 4 hrs since we left the room) and they said they would send someone up. I know exactly where she left them. Guess what! They claim they are not there! I am so upset, that they have disappeared out of the room! The worst part is that the orthodics cost over $150! Not what I wanted to replace right before the cruise! I am just so upset over this. I am going to try to call again this morning. Sorry for the non-related rant, but had to vent! I just think if they were taken, I guess the person who took them's kid needed them more than she did....

I am sorry to announce to those of you doing Fish Extenders that we had to cancel our cruise. So take jenelabri off of your fish extender list. We actually cancelled 2 months ago but I was so upset over it I would not allow myself to log in to the DIS board. I never once thought about my fellow cruisers including me on the Fish Extenders. I am so so sorry guys!!! We will be rescheduling our cruise but not soon enough for me!!! My grandmother was paying for all of us to go and she got VERY VERY sick and was in the hospital for quite some time. We got together as a family and decided it would not be the best time for her to go as she is still very weak. I hope everyone one has a great time and I will be looking for trip reports from everyone next week!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with her, as well as you and your family. :hug:

For the people who are driving to the port and try to get there the earliest, where do you park? We live in Florida so we drive up that morning. On our last cruise we got there about 10 and we were told we were not allowed to park anywhere until they get word that boarding is allowed. We ended up getting in group 4 by the time we checked in. Any hints?

For the people who are driving to the port and try to get there the earliest, where do you park? We live in Florida so we drive up that morning. On our last cruise we got there about 10 and we were told we were not allowed to park anywhere until they get word that boarding is allowed. We ended up getting in group 4 by the time we checked in. Any hints?
I would like to know about the parking too. What part of Florida are you in Momster24? We are in Clearwater. I'm guessing its about 2-2.5 hrs to the port? I was hoping to get there by 10 on Sunday morning.

Hi! I put together an excel worksheet to make it easier to pass out the FE. Can y'all look it over and see if I have it correct. You can download it at this link.
https://download.yousendit.com/U0d5b2VLZy9Fc0pMWEE9PQ

Also, I don't have a room number for Dunnhorn (Leslie Ann).

I still can't believe we are all leaving so soon! Madison got the FE gifts all bagged up and they are going in their own suitcase! Wow! :yay:

I would like to know about the parking too. What part of Florida are you in Momster24? We are in Clearwater. I'm guessing its about 2-2.5 hrs to the port? I was hoping to get there by 10 on Sunday morning.

we are in South Florida, probably 2-1/2 - 3 hours away. We will be there at that time too. If they wont let us in, we will be the anxious ones waiting in our car!

Hi everyone! Woo Hoo! Almost time to go cruising!:dance3:
Jenelabri, Sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Stephanie, Thanks for doing the excel spreadsheet. Everything looks great! I don't have Dunnhorn's cabin number either.
Marlene, I updated the roster with your son's info. Look on post #323.
We are driving to the port to. We are planning on being there around 10 as well. Hopefully there won't be any problems with parking. Ok got to work on my magnets now!

PrincessE , where are you coming from in Florida? I just remembered, we need something to identify ourselfs so y'all know we are from the group. What do I need to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter