Memorial Tattoo Advice

mom2daisy

Earning My Ears
Ok creative types, I need your advice. I lost my father much too young and I'd like to tattoo some words to memorialize him but I'm torn as to what to get.

So, I have a couple ideas that I'd like some input on.

(1) I'd love to incorporate some part of the poem/book The Next Place. I had hoped to read it to him before he passed - I didn't make it in time but I still read it to him before the hearse took him away. Here's a link to the poem: http://www.nextgenmemorials.com/warrenhansonverse.htm

Or, (2) this quote, "old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes"

So, what do you think???

Ok creative types, I need your advice. I lost my father much too young and I'd like to tattoo some words to memorialize him but I'm torn as to what to get.

So, I have a couple ideas that I'd like some input on.

(1) I'd love to incorporate some part of the poem/book The Next Place. I had hoped to read it to him before he passed - I didn't make it in time but I still read it to him before the hearse took him away. Here's a link to the poem: http://www.nextgenmemorials.com/warrenhansonverse.htm

Or, (2) this quote, "old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes"

So, what do you think???

How long/large of a tattoo are you looking for??? There are a lot of good snippets from that poem.

If you want a one-liner, I like:

"No room for darkness"
"The body I once lived in wont be part of me at all."
"I will travel empty-handed"
"Though I will know the joy of solitude, Ill never be alone."

My only hang up on words is that the letters bleed over time. I have my dad's name in Chinese down my wrist. He died when I was 19 and I've never regretted the tattoo.

I've seen some really cool ways to write words into symbols on Pinterest. They have a whole tattoo section thats full of great ideas. Maybe you could have them do your quote into an infinity symbol or add your dads zodiac sign? I love ones that are different... Like the Celtic ogham for whatever his zodiac tree is or his name in Elvish (looks like a symbol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter