Memorial day weekend/week 2004 crowds...

stego

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there are some folks here who have gone to Universal on Memorial day weekend the past few years. My son's school lets out the week before, and so we are flying in so we can do WDW before that weekend. We would likely check out and come over that Friday and check out Monday. So we'd be flying back on Memorial day. I know that weekend is NOT the best to go; however, I thought I could ask for some good advice here and practical experience. Our family has had a standing tradition of going right away on vacation as soon as our son's school is done. I know that as the summer progesses, the crowds become worse. We went in May of 2001 to WDW, the week leading up to Memorial day, and as we were leaving Saturday morning and driving to Tampa, we saw a LOT of cars going into Orlando. That Friday night at the MK was packed. We
are seriously leaning into staying at the Pacific or Hard Rock hotel so we can get front of line all day. Any help with selecting those hotels would be appreciated as well. Our son will be 9yo at that time. Thank you.

I'd love to know too, as my next trip would be at that time and w. front of the line. one additional question-what would the hours be like?

Holidays and weekends will always be busier, but if you are staying on site you will have no worries. Crowds yes, but you will by pass them with FOTL!!!!:D

Memorial Day week/weekend hours can vary, but generally they're 9-7 S-Th and 9-8 (or 9) Fri & Sat.

Crowds do build (they're building now) and will obviously be the worst on the weekend. If you dont do the onsite deal, then try for the express plus passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter