Memorial Day weekend or 1st week of June

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
Is it crazy busy Memorial weekend? Or not as bad as mid-summer since some schools are still in session. We have a choice between these two weeks and not sure which would be better or if there would even be a significant difference.

We went the 1st week of June in 2010 and Memorial Day week last year. There wasn't a huge difference in crowds or heat. The only exception was the actual Memorial Day Monday seemed to be a lot busier. The Friday - Sunday of MD weekend had crowds but we never waited in huge lines.

We are going Memorial Day weekend so I've been reading every thread I can find about it, and most people say it's not worse than regular summer crowds.

We'll be there for Memorial Day weekend too! (Only for 3 nights though.) I'm just going to play it by ear: if the crowds are too much, we'll just do our favorites and spend more time in WS or something. Either way, we'll all still be in WDW.

We were supposed to go over Memorial Day weekend last year, but had to change our dates by a few days and were actually there starting the first of June. We had a great trip and I didnt think the crowds were too bad. We got up early and got to the parks at opening and got lots done. We also took a mid day break for nap and swim.

We went for both weeks last year. I thought Memorial week was the less buy of the two. We avoided MK on Memorial day.

This will be our 3rd year of being at Disney for both of those weeks. We think Memorial Day weekend is busier, but not by much. Both weeks are busier than when we like to visit in the fall for Food and Wine. It is very hot those weeks, and we had several days of rain one year, but it is still a great time for Disney.

According to touringplans Memorial Day week is supposed to be worse, so we chose to visit the first week of June. It looks like 9s vs. 6-7s.

We went to WDW last Memorial Day weekend. There was virtually no one at Epcot when we went and the crowds at HS were manageable (30-40 minute wait time on the bigger rides). MK was a different story. There were EMH on Memorial Day until 2am so we thought we’d take advantage of that, so did everyone else! The place was like zoo. 1-2 hour waits on most of the major rides and there were people everywhere. We waited until at night to go and it was still just as busy.

The temperature difference between the 2 weekends you have probably won’t be much different. It was in the high 80s when we were there last year.

I’d try to avoid MK or whatever park has late Extra Magic hours on Memorial Day and head to the water parks, downtown Disney or maybe Epcot.

We are going down during Memorial Day weekend, however we are not going to any of the parks until Tuesday. We have gone this week before. While it was very hot and I swore we would never do it again, we are~! :-)

We went to WDW last Memorial Day weekend. There was virtually no one at Epcot when we went and the crowds at HS were manageable (30-40 minute wait time on the bigger rides). MK was a different story. There were EMH on Memorial Day until 2am so we thought we’d take advantage of that, so did everyone else! The place was like zoo. 1-2 hour waits on most of the major rides and there were people everywhere. We waited until at night to go and it was still just as busy.

The temperature difference between the 2 weekends you have probably won’t be much different. It was in the high 80s when we were there last year.

I’d try to avoid MK or whatever park has late Extra Magic hours on Memorial Day and head to the water parks, downtown Disney or maybe Epcot.

Oh gosh. According to your logic I've made a terrible mistake. :scared1: We have DHS planned for Memorial Day, and it has evening EMH. My reasoning was that it was coming off of SWW, so I thought it'd be less busy. I guess I'll just pray for the best!

Don't know when your arrival or departure days would fall. Gay Days at the Magic Kingdom takes place the 1st Saturday in June; this year it is June 2. This can make the MK more crowded than normal. Other parks are selected by Gay Days: May 31-AK; June 1-DHS; June 3-EPCOT.

Oh gosh. According to your logic I've made a terrible mistake. :scared1: We have DHS planned for Memorial Day, and it has evening EMH. My reasoning was that it was coming off of SWW, so I thought it'd be less busy. I guess I'll just pray for the best!

You might be ok even though HS has EMH that day. I've found that if there are EMH at night, most people start coming later afternoon to stay into the evening. You'll probably be ok for the day. Are you getting a park hopper? If you are, and find that HS is really busy that day, you could always go to another park, or just fastpass the major rides (Tower of Terror, Aerosmith, etc) and you should be fine :) The thing we like about HS is that there is always a show to catch if the rides are really busy.

We were at Disney thru Memorial Day weekend and the following week in 2010 and I did not think it was that bad....we will be there next week!!! I'm really concerned about the crowds next week! Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter