Memorial Day weekend--HOW WAS IT FOR EVERYONE???

This is almost identical to our plan except we are doing AK on the 31st and MK again on the 3rd, and headed home on the 4th. I cannot wait!:dance3:

I can't either! But now Sunday (MK) is a 10 on the UG crowd calendar and Saturday and Tuesday (both EP) are both 9's! Meanwhile Wednesday (DHS) dropped from an 8 to a 3! Are you changing any of your plans?

I was so excited to do Epcot twice - once on an EMH day where I expected crowds and once without EMH where I was hoping it would be easier. Now they are both 9's!!! :mad::mad::mad: I would much rather have an easy time at EP than DHS.

To make matters worse, I have special dietary needs (gluten-free), so I'm nervous about changing ADR's at the last minute... I think I might be stuck. :headache:

I've got to quit looking at the crowd calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've spent the last couple days trying to calm myself down about how awful our first three days sound! Then I read another post about how 5 or 6 crowds last week felt like 9s! What is this 10 going to be like??? :scared:
And then there are the "hot, hot, hot" posts. We've had unseasonably cool weather here this year and I have not acclimated to the heat or humidity yet. (In fact this weekend was the first time I've turned on the AC - and that was just to cool the upstairs.)
I have to keep reminding myself that it's going to be fine....just fine...no problem...relax...not a big deal.......

We're leaving in 4 days and 2 hours!!! Yes, I'm counting the hours. Staying at Pop Century! Hopefully I'll see a couple lime green mickeys around...

I can't either! But now Sunday (MK) is a 10 on the UG crowd calendar and Saturday and Tuesday (both EP) are both 9's! Meanwhile Wednesday (DHS) dropped from an 8 to a 3! Are you changing any of your plans?

I was so excited to do Epcot twice - once on an EMH day where I expected crowds and once without EMH where I was hoping it would be easier. Now they are both 9's!!! :mad::mad::mad: I would much rather have an easy time at EP than DHS.

To make matters worse, I have special dietary needs (gluten-free), so I'm nervous about changing ADR's at the last minute... I think I might be stuck. :headache:

A 10!:scared1: I have too many ADRs to change. We will be there for rope drop, that's for sure...Hope for the best! It's my husband's first trip. I hope they are wrong...

A 10!:scared1: I have too many ADRs to change. We will be there for rope drop, that's for sure...Hope for the best! It's my husband's first trip. I hope they are wrong...

I wonder how much of it has to do with Star Wars Weekend at DHS, which is a park it says to avoid Fri - Sun. Maybe since we're staying away from DHS those days we'll be under the average and less than 9 or 10? That's what I'll tell myself... But then for some reason Tuesday is up to a 9 now too, which I can't figure out, and the drop from 8 to 3 on Wednesday is even weirder. :confused3

I wonder how much of it has to do with Star Wars Weekend at DHS, which is a park it says to avoid Fri - Sun. Maybe since we're staying away from DHS those days we'll be under the average and less than 9 or 10? That's what I'll tell myself... But then for some reason Tuesday is up to a 9 now too, which I can't figure out, and the drop from 8 to 3 on Wednesday is even weirder. :confused3

So I just changed my 6:00 ADR at the GF Cafe to 7:45... we are going to try to miss the first Spectro and be there AFTER Wishes for the 2nd Spectro and EMH. Maybe it will cool off and some people will clear out by then... We have an off day Monday so we can be out as late as DD4 can tolerate! Here's hoping!

I am hoping it is all related to DHS, too...

So I just changed my 6:00 ADR at the GF Cafe to 7:45... we are going to try to miss the first Spectro and be there AFTER Wishes for the 2nd Spectro and EMH. Maybe it will cool off and some people will clear out by then... We have an off day Monday so we can be out as late as DD4 can tolerate! Here's hoping!

I am hoping it is all related to DHS, too...

We also have an off day Monday (we definitely need to use the EMH - just DW and I) and we plan to be there at rope drop. Long day! We're eating at The Plaza at 7pm and thinking of doing lunch at CHH. So they have multiple parades and events now. Do you know at which times the events will thin out the crowds on the rides? I was assuming since there are multiple showings that it wouldn't have much affect.

We also have an off day Monday (we definitely need to use the EMH - just DW and I) and we plan to be there at rope drop. Long day! We're eating at The Plaza at 7pm and thinking of doing lunch at CHH. So they have multiple parades and events now. Do you know at which times the events will thin out the crowds on the rides? I was assuming since there are multiple showings that it wouldn't have much affect.

I would think that the 3:00 show would thin things out and the 9:00 Spectro...

We'll be there in 3 more days. Been doing the Memorial day weekend for a while now. It's still better than 4th of July crowd.Done that too.
Jim

I would think that the 3:00 show would thin things out and the 9:00 Spectro...

Thanks! Every little bit would help.

I read in another thread that 10 wasn't the max on the old crowd scale and that an 8 on the old scale was more like a 5 or 6 on the new one. If so, this means the predictions for just about every day for us has been really turned on its head at the last minute (so not just from 8 to 3, but also from 8 to 9 or 10 are all drastic changes). Bizarro. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in this. Still, I find myself actually hoping for rain this weekend!

I've been here since Friday, and let me tell you, it's SUPER busy. This is the third year in a row that we have gone right round Memorial Day weekend, and this is the busiest year IMO, even busier than week before Christmas. BUT we have done lots of rides already because we do RD and have used FP, so it is very manageable and not like claustrophobic anxiety full. I'm just glad to be here right now! Although a storm is passing through right as we were about to leave so we're sitting it out then heading out for dinner! If anyone has ?'s feel free to ask and best wishes to those packing and anxiously waiting to be here :goodvibes

We leave on Saturday!!! :cool1:

I'm expecting a big crowd over the weekend (we're braving DHS for SWW on Sunday:scared1:), but I am encouraged by the fact that Disney has not felt the need to add additional hours or Fantasmic! showings after Sunday. So hopefully Monday through Friday won't be too bad.

We're taking off Memorial Day too to hang out at Storm Along Bay. We do plan to head over to MK after dinner for a few rides and Spectro. :wizard:

The time is near, my kids have NO idea! and I CAN NOT WAIT! :woohoo:

We are only doing HS on Sunday specifically because of SWW and it's my son's bday (acutally dh's too :thumbsup2). So I'm hoping to just suck it up and all will be well.

I've been here since Friday, and let me tell you, it's SUPER busy. This is the third year in a row that we have gone right round Memorial Day weekend, and this is the busiest year IMO, even busier than week before Christmas. BUT we have done lots of rides already because we do RD and have used FP, so it is very manageable and not like claustrophobic anxiety full. I'm just glad to be here right now! Although a storm is passing through right as we were about to leave so we're sitting it out then heading out for dinner! If anyone has ?'s feel free to ask and best wishes to those packing and anxiously waiting to be here :goodvibes

Maybe I should have just gone during Gay Days again. Oh well. Disney here I come!!!!!:thumbsup2

How have the buses been? I know the rides are going to be crowded but what about CS dining. Are there crowds there as well?
Hope you are having a great time!

We'll be there Saturday morning. The kids are so excited, and we're looking forward to a laid back family vacation. We were there for 2 weeks over Christmas, so the crowds don't scare us. :rotfl: We're not quite sure what to do with ourselves, because we've only made a few ADRs and have vowed to spend the bulk of our time bumming around the resort and a couple of the parks. Its feels so weird knowing that Disney is a few short days away, and we have yet to second guess our plan and run around like chickens with our heads cut off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!

buses have seemed very random to put it frankly. The one morning we had a reservation at crystal palace and we were leaving AKL and missed the MK bus by 2 seconds and another one didn't show up for way over 30-45 minutes but other than that it seems pretty standard 10-20 min wait at the most for buses. Also CS seem a little busy, we had fish and chips last night and waited in line for probably 20 mins but it was right around 7:30 dinner time but everything has been managable. We got did HS this morning and got three FP by 10:30. It's crowded but like I said managable, just glad to be here and not in Ohio :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter