memorial day weekend. How bad is it?

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm wondering how bad the crowds are during the Memorial day weekend? In paricular, at MGM for the Star Wars weekend.
Thanks!

As they say, a picture speaks louder.....

b.jpg

Previous posts about this have indicated that it has been quite busy on Memorial Day weekend. I have also spoken to people in our area who have been there this time as well.

There are definitely TONS of locals and FL residents who go this weekend (as any other holiday weekend). Many FL schools (including my dd's) let out a few days prior so this is quite a popular time to flee to WDW.

I would imagine even without the Star Wars weekend at MGM it'll be quite busy so I'm sure that'll just add to the crowds.

Actually, this will be our fifth Memorial Day weekend trip in a row and we're not hesitating a bit. I couldn't get a value resort but just got a moderate for the time at an Annual Passholder rate. Sure, the crowds are a bit higher but nothing major. We've found that a Saturday night during the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot is worse than Sunday night before Memorial Day.

What day is the American holiday? We're going the 12th-22nd. Will the crowds then be affected by the long weekend?

almacdonald said:
What day is the American holiday? We're going the 12th-22nd. Will the crowds then be affected by the long weekend?

Memorial Day isn't until May 29.

Thanks McMouse, the canadian holiday is the 22nd. Looks like we chose some good dates hopefully!

We are going May 26-June 1 (taking Memorial Day as our pool/rest/shop day) and we have no fear. Why? TourguideMike!!

JE

:thumbsup2 I've already subscribed to TGM. He is the best! This will be our 3rd trip using his great service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter