Memorial Day Weekend 2015 Solo Trip -Sort of

FirstTimer

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

My daughter is heading down to Disney Memorial day weekend on a class trip. There will be chaperones of course but I am still going to head down there as well. That being said, it's going to be more of a solo trip for me because she will have a rigid schedule while down there and then of course she'll want to hang around with her friends.

My sister and my niece were going to come down with me but she just informed me that they can no longer go.

So since I've never done a solo trip to Disney before or an adult-oriented trip since I've only gone with kids, I have some questions. 1)What things have you done as an adult at Disney that you weren't able to take advantage of if you had kids with you? I.e, I've never drank at Disney before so I want to check out the Epcot Around the World. 2)Do you recommend a dining plan or not? 3)Should I use a travel agent or make my own arrangements? I already know what resort I want to stay at. 4)Any other tips?

I'm a little nervous and excited. :)

Sorry one more thing, I'll probably arrive that Thursday and leave on Monday. Should I get park hopper tickets or do you think regular tickets would be fine? Normally when I've gone with the kids it's always been park hopper. Thanks

I have never been to Disney during Memorial Day weekend, but we are going this year! I decided to get park hoppers in case the crowds were too bad in one park, I could go to another. Also, with is being Star Wars Weekend, we may want to go to Hollywood Studios for a couple of attractions and then move on to another park.

Oh wow I didn't even realize it was Star Wars Weekend. Yeah I'd better get the park hopper. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter