• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memorial Day Week-end

donnier

Earning My Ears
Looking at coming to Universal - arriving late the night of May 27. Visiting Universal on Sat, Sun, and Monday.

How bad will the crowds be? Worth buying an express pass? Or worth the cost of staying on site? Current lowest rate for onsite hotel is $228 per night. I know I can do better off site, but is the $228 worth getting the FOTL pass that comes with the room?

Any tips for a first time visitor to Universal?

Thanks in advance.

We had to choose between Memorial Day weekend and the 1st weekend in June for our first HPW visit. We are DVC, so we already had a villa booked at Disney for those 2 weeks. I was hoping to just drive over to Universal for a couple of days, and keep our Disney villa, but ultimately decided we better stay on site for the front of the line privileges. Since kids in the south will most likely be out of school by then, and it being a holiday weekend, I would think it would be pretty busy Memorial Day weekend.

Looking at coming to Universal - arriving late the night of May 27. Visiting Universal on Sat, Sun, and Monday.

How bad will the crowds be? Worth buying an express pass? Or worth the cost of staying on site? Current lowest rate for onsite hotel is $228 per night. I know I can do better off site, but is the $228 worth getting the FOTL pass that comes with the room?

Any tips for a first time visitor to Universal?

Thanks in advance.
Like any holiday weekend the crowds will be out in force especially at WWoHP. I don't think I would stay onsite just for the unlimited Express since you can't use it for Forbidden Journey. If you get there early you can do some of the attractions w/o too much of a wait. If you think the lines are too long, you can purchase the Express Plus pass at either park.

Like any holiday weekend the crowds will be out in force especially at WWoHP. I don't think I would stay onsite just for the unlimited Express since you can't use it for Forbidden Journey. If you get there early you can do some of the attractions w/o too much of a wait. If you think the lines are too long, you can purchase the Express Plus pass at either park.

So if I have a 3 day multipark pass, I can buy the express pass after I scope out the crowds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter