Memorial Day Trip Day 2

lynr

<font color=peach>How the heck were you missed!<br
Friday:

We awoke at 8 am and had breakfast in the concierge. I left my mom in the hotel lobby to wait for my cousin and her daughter to arrive and we were going to meet up for lunch at the Blue Byou. This is the very first time I was able to see the rope drop in Disney, we have never made it on time in Florida. We are not early risers usually. We were so thrilled to be in Disneyland and the day started out to be beautiful. We first rode Autotopia my son loves these cars and I don't know why. Next we made our way to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Space Mountain was down, the Matahorn is closed for renovations next we walked over to New Orleans square and got a fast pass for Indiana Jones, so we went to the Haunted Mansion and then the Disney Gallery. For being the holiday, friday did not seem crowed to us yet. We rode both river boats and then Indiana Jones. I didn't know what to expect with Indiana Jones that was a great ride. We walked around for awhile just taking in the sites, I love the purple trees they have there I would love to know what they are, I asked and know seemed to know. We decided to sit and wait for the others to meet up with us for lunch. I haven't seem my cousin or her daughter in 5 years, so it was great to see them again and catch up. The food at Blue Byou was great but they need alittle more lighting we could not read the menus. I think we all had Gumbo and I think a couple had some kind of steak. Whatever we ate it was fabulous and we were stuffed. After lunch my mom and my cousins decided to head back to the hotel since my cousin had been up since 3 am they wanted to rest awhile, so we decided to meet up before dinner at Goofy's kitchen. We rode everything we could get in today since we don't have alot of time down here, we are in comando mode. Around 4 pm we went back to hotel to swim and get some sun. So we got down to the pool and the sun went in and was not seen again for the rest of the trip. My son went in the pool but it was way to cold for us.
We all met up for dinner at 8pm at Goofy's Kitchen, I was suprised when they required us to pay before we ate. The food was great and the dancing with the characters was a nice added touch. Once again we stuffed ourselves and waddled back to the Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks. Michelle my agent had told me not to miss them. They were spectacular and I was glad we made the trip back to see them. We rode some more rides before we were too tired to walk anymore and had to turn in before we passed out. Really the kids had to turn in my husband and I could have stayed until 12. But we decided to go with them since we wanted an early start at California Adventure tomorrow. Wait till you hear how early of a start we got in my next installment.
I hope I am not boring you I now I can go on forever.

Boring us? No way. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Thank you for sharing it with us!

lynr... The purple trees are Jacaranda Trees. They are beautiful. They are also in the entrance of EPCOT at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter