Memorial Day Crowds?

labfan

Mouseketeer
We were planning on arriving on Sunday and spending Memorial week there? I’m guessing the crowds would be pretty high on Sunday and Monday(Memorial Day) so what would your suggestions be for parks on these two days? Do you think AK or HS would be a better option and then go to MK and Epcot on Tuesday /Wednesday?

We went this week last May. We arrived On Monday Memorial day and went to Epcot which had evening EMH . We really enjoyed it and it was not as crowded as I thought it was going to be. I was worried like you about crowds but it was actually a pretty nice week. A bit crowded at MK and AK but not horrible. Our HS day on Thursday was the least crowded day we had, I was surprised. On Monday (Memorial day ) our arrival day we didn't get to the park until around 3:30. We had fastpasses for Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Living with The Land. We had enough time to do those, ride The Sea With Nemo, look around at the aquarium, eat at Teppan Edo, look around in some of the countries,and watch illuminations. Right before closing we rode Soarin with a 15 minute wait and also rode Test Track again with about a 10 minute wait.
I used this crowd calendar to help decide on our days last year http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/05-may-2015-crowd-calendar/

Last edited:
We went the week before Memorial Day (going back home on Memorial Day Monday) two years ago and we felt the crowds were manageable. It was average to above average crowds during the week with the crowd levels definitely picking up the Friday and Saturday of the holiday weekend but it wasn't too bad at all. Like the pp, we followed the easy WDW crowd calendar/park recommendations and that helped a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter