• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meme's skinny jeans journal

Getting back in the groove, slow but sure. Walked 1.29 miles yesterday and plan for more today. Need to get rid of all the junk in the house:rolleyes: I ate m&ms yesterday - I will never lose weight if I don't eat right!

Will check pm Erin.

Lasst nite I ate icecream yikes:rolleyes: what am I doing? it's like I can't get back into the entire swing of it yet!

Today much better so far;) I walked 4.3 miles, abs & stretching and I feel fantastic. also hit the scale and did not gain a lb from vaca - wow that is amazing:tongue: so I need a 1 lb loss till my next clippie hopefully I'll claim it next week.

Great job on keeping your weight under control on vacation. It must be all that walking you've been doing.

I'm sure that 1 pound will be gone soon.

Nancy

thanks nancy!

Well I ate corn candy yesterday:( what is wrong with me? only a few pieces but how much sugar is that????

since it is not raining yet, I'm off to walk in the park, hopefully6 a few miles. Will try to stay on plan today:)

Amazing how fast the days go by.

Walked only 2 miles today - eating op- yippie! I must say I don;t know if it is the cold weather or what but I'm getting a little lazy, really don;t feel like exercising and I really want to eat. I'm gogint to need a lot of motivation to get thru these next few months. I hate the cold weather:(

I had a wedding on saturday and drank, smoke & ate too much. and then to combat the hangover:cool: I ate way tooo much on sunday and could not bring myself to walk. So I need to do some extra this week please let it be sunny:sunny:

MeMe, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise!! On the other hand, I hope you're feeling all better after that wedding Saturday and the recovery on Sunday! ::yes::

Hard to believe we've got less than 80 days until the half marathon! Now is NOT the time to start slacking! Amanda posted a half marathon training schedule on the main WISH board that is do-able. She and I started it yesterday with a 2 mile walk (well, she actually RAN part of it!). We're supposed to walk another 2 miles Wed., 2 miles Thurs. and 3 miles on Saturday. You may want to check it out.

Hang in there and have a wonderful Tuesday!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Oh my shame on me! It's been over a week since I posted:( where does the time go? well I feel as though I have been so busy, running here, there & everywhere. with ds in pre-school it takes up half of 2 days, by the time I take him, I need to turn arund and pick hime up:rolleyes: today is his first fall party, he needed to dress up as a bible character,so he looks like a shepherd but he doesn't want to wear it, he like his batman so much more:) too hard for him to understand why he can't wear it.

My eating hasn't been the best but not the worst either so if I focus I could get it under control. I have been walking. sun 1.8, mon 2, tues 5 miles. wed rest day though I did so many errands I was still tired;) Thank goodness it has been very nice weather:sunny: and supposed to stay this way for a week maybe. I don't know what I'll do when I feel like hibernating:teeth:

Ya wanna walk tomorrow? I can go for an hour early in the a.m., your place or mine. Let me know. . .

Erin

MeMe,
Keep up the great work on your marathon training! I am finding it easier to walk in cool weather than warm. 40s seem about perfect to me. :crazy: It's great that you have someone close by to walk with you. :bounce:

Ahh, geesh, Mary Ellen, you must have a life or something. I thought you'dve checked back here by now. I'm going to bed; I'm figuring we'll have to catch each other some other day instead of tomorrow. I'll try again soon! :D

We'll do this someday soon, for sure!:hyper:
Erin

Sorry I missed you Erin! It's amost 10 and I'm still in jammies:) & Parker is asleep. Give me another day?

Walked 3.5 yesterday and I'm not sure about today, maybe I just need motivation. My heels hurt alittle & yesterday my right leg hurt, new ailments, is it age:( or the cold weather:mad:

I need to find some long sleeve cool max shirts, where is my sunshine 70 degrees?????

Need to hit grocery store to get low carb stuff, I'm starting to snack at night and I'm talking pringles:rolleyes:

Hi Terry:wave2: thanks for stopping by how is your training???

Oh, NO! PRINGLES??? Those things can be deadly, MeMe; get to the store RIGHT AWAY! (Or have a few for me :tongue: )

I went out walking this morning and it started to rain. It's a good thing you and Parker were warm and dry.:D

Enjoy your day,
Erin

Well another monday and boy I had a bad weekend. Too much bread and sugar and candy. TOM is killing me:( I did walk 2.3 and 5.3 miles over the weekend but at this point it only negates my eating choices:mad: So I'm in a challenge not to eat candy till thanksgiving - I know I can do it! I traded all ds' chocolate to his cousins for other candy he likes and I don't:) Taking a rest day and will plan to walk after voting tomorrow. Need to get back into ab work, it really makes a difference. With this weather I can hide some but I really don't want to. Wish the weight was coming off faster, need to focus, focus focus. Need more motivation!

Hi MeMe!
You are getting in some great miles of training for the half marathon! Way to go! Between all of the walking we are doing, and the No Candy Challenge, we should be in good shape. ::yes:: What plan are you following for the marathon? I am doing John Bingham's because it gave me 2 extra weeks of training. I have checked and it is very close to Hal Higdon's.

Tomorrow is 40 minutes for me. I am planning to do some speed drills to see if I can improve my pace. Wish me luck! :D

Hi Terry, thanks for stopping by. do yuo have a journal? Ashley from the marathon board sent me a schedule though I'm not sure whose. I try to follow a schedult that's posted in about.com for 1/2 marathon walkers, not too strictly. It schedules a 4 miler 2x per week and then 2 longer walks, a 6 & 8 & the next week a 8& 10 each week the longer oes increase till you hit 14. Themost I've done is an 8 so far, time is really the factor for me. Most of the time I am pushing ds in a stroller and if he doesn't fall asleep I don't like to go longer than a hour or so. Need to do some training on my own,this weekend I hope to do at least a 10 miler.

Getting a little apprehensive about the 1/2 marathon, not that I can't do it but that I'm with just me, no family or friends walking with me. Hoping to find a wish buddy who will chit chat the entire time,this is what makes my walks now go by so quickly. My df & I just talk talk talk, any & all subjects.

Eatting has been stillunder par :rolleyes: Too many carbs and now I have a head cold so I want noodles & juice. I'm going to have to get on the scale soon & start focusing on losing more weight. It seems if I don't know how much I weigh then I don't worry about it - but this is when the pounds will creep upon me, one by one they attack me:p Picture a fat blob running after me forcing fat onto my butt & thighs & stomach - I will keep this image so as to stay away from the junk food:D

Oh MeMe!!! That fat blob running after you sounds SCARY!! Unfortunately, it seems to be after me too. :rolleyes: Can we ask Parker (in his Batman costume, of course) to chase those fat blobs away???? I bet he looked so adorable!! Did I say adorable?? :eek: I meant tough, yeah, and strong, like a superhero should! ::yes::

No worries about the half, MeMe! There will be lots of WISHers for you to chat with, including me!

Today, I'm chickening out on the cold weather. I'm going to walk my 2 miles in the mall! :p Hey, why freeze if I don't have to, right? :crazy:

Have a great Thursday, and here's some extra :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: to scare away that fat blob - they HATE bright light!

Hey, Meme. How are you doing this morning? I see that you've posted to my journal. . .I'll go over there in a minute.

Alone? :confused: At the half marathon? :confused: Doreen and Amanda and a bunch of others are walking, too. . .you've got to hook up with them, girlfriend. You know that if I were still in the game (did you read how I had to withdraw?) we'd be walking together. Still, I know that there will be WISH friends out there for you.

A 10 miler this weekend? YOU GO GIRL!!!!:Pinkbounc The weather is supposed to be nice, so this is the weekend to do it. I AM worried about your training, though--you're going to need consistent access to a treadie when the weather gets cold, I think. Are you planning on using your mom's on a regular basis?You and Parker are NOT going to want to be out in the chill.:(

What's on your schedule for tomorrow? Do you want to get in a walk? I can go for an hour in the morning. . .if you're available, you just say when is good for you and Parker and I'll meet you wherever you want to walk.

Take care,
Erin

Edit: Doreen beat me to the reply button! I knew she'd be up for a Florida walk and chat!

Hey Meme! No worries about going solo. I don't think there *is* such a thing as solo when you are a WISHer! Where are you staying?? Right now I am staying at the All Star Movies - still trying to get an AP or discount rate somewhere. :rolleyes:

Let me know how that long sleeved CoolMax shirt works out for you. I know I need some things for the marathon - just don't know what! Today it was 48º, windy with a slight drizzle. I had on a tshirt, light weight zippered hoodie and a sweatshirt! The sweatshirt kept coming off and on, depending on the wind. I forgot my hat - big mistake - but tried to keep the hoodie up when I could. My pants (okay - they are really capris, but not on me!) are lightweight as well. I did okay this outfit.

Which water pack did you order? I can't decide if I should be carrying water or just rely upon the water stations. I have been bringing 'food' on my long walks - trying the different ones out. So far, my favorite is the Clif Bar. I had a Protein Plus bar today - liked it a lot - only to find out this flavor has been discontinued. Ugh.

Keep training! It sounds like you have the endurance thing down pat. I still need to work on my time. You are doing GREAT!

Hi Terry:wave2:

Have been not too committed to eatting plan:( snacking way to much still. I feel as though I can't stop myself, why? Breakfast & lunch are fine but then I have high carbs for dinner & then snack on a few cookies, or pretzels. Need to get this under control:mad:

Walking is great, did 4 miles tuesday and am heading out today. Hope to walk for 2 hours while ds is in school but without a walking buddy, I'm not sure how it will go:rolleyes: I know I'll be bored talking to myself. I will wear my headphones but 2 hours:crazy:

For layers I wore a sports bra top, a ls ski shirt from dh(not coolmax, but similar), sweatshirt & wind breaker - the sweatshirt was too much will eliminate that today. Pants were just cotton sweats, ok but will switch to coolmax pants today. Need hat & gloves. The waist pack I purchased was on a recommended list at about.com. It is by Ultimate Direction called Gemini. Has twin water bottles, large zipper main compartment, rear pocket, hipbelt pocket. Looks a little big but when I don't push a stroller I have no where to put stuff. I usually bring water, snack ( a loved the snickers marathon bars but I think they are more like a candy bar so I'm sticking to lc bars), keys, cell phone. The rretail tag says $45, I paid $14.95 through sierra trading post.

I don't like this cold weather - if I wasn't doing the marathon I think I'd stay under my blankets all day:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter