membership transfer (with transferred points)

iluvthsgam

Mouseketeer
My in-laws own points at SSR. They are gifting the member to my wife and I. Last year, however, they got a one-time transfer of 50 BLT points.

They have not used those 50 BLT points yet, they are still sitting in their account.

If we go forward with the transfer of title from them to us, what happens to those 50 BLT points? I would imagine they would transfer over as well, but this seems like a logistical thing that would get screwed up.

I called Member Administration and the first rep really had no idea, so I have to call back again. But has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.

My in-laws own points at SSR. They are gifting the member to my wife and I. Last year, however, they got a one-time transfer of 50 BLT points.

They have not used those 50 BLT points yet, they are still sitting in their account.

If we go forward with the transfer of title from them to us, what happens to those 50 BLT points? I would imagine they would transfer over as well, but this seems like a logistical thing that would get screwed up.

I called Member Administration and the first rep really had no idea, so I have to call back again. But has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.

They should transfer with the membership unless they have expired or would expire before you could use them.

Thanks.
If they're still good they will transfer. You should check to make sure they are and have been banked.

The member accounting CM that you spoke to gives you an idea of what will probably happen, the transaction will probably get screwed up.

Make sure that you have copies of your point balances and try to get a record of the transferred points before you transfer ownership.

Owners tend to believe that your account balances are safe from mistakes and in our experience, that isn't true, we have had points disappear, reappear, and once we even had extra points added to our account. MS insisted that the extra points were ours so we used them. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

thanks to all. The points are still good. They were banked and expire end of November 2014. I may use them first then transfer the membership to be on the safe side. Don't really want to deal with the hassle and tracking them down afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter