Membership cards from Oct. 4th closings (AGAIN!)

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Have any of you who closed on Oct. 4th (and only Oct. 4th, please) received your cards yet? Anyone have any news about them? I emailed ms back in Jan. and was told that I should have them in 4-6 weeks, emailed last week (after 6 weeks came and went) and got no response. I've now sent another email.....

So, anyone else?

Lesley

1979 Contemporary
1992 Off-site
1994 Carribean Beach
1999 Fort Wilderness and Coronado Springs
2000 Polynesian and Old Key West
2002 Boardwalk Villas

Nope, no cards yet. :( I called once and they said there would be a 4-6 week delay, but I guess it's time for another call.

spinheadblack.gif

Exactly WHAT happened that is affecting all the October 4th closers?? I keep seeing this subject. Sounds bizarre.

No cards here yet. I know a few Oct 4 closers have received their cards without the tote that everyone else seems to be getting.

MaryAnn- Disney changed the POS back in September and gave everyone who had not yet closed an additional opportunity to cancel the contract....we joined at the end of Aug. so I assume almost everyone who joined from the end of Aug through September ended up with the closing date of Oct. 4th (a lot of members!) We all had varying expiration dates on our temporary cards, but no one who closed on that date seems to have received a permanent card without having to contact ms and having new ones requested...or the tote bag. I have a tote bag that we were given the day we joined at Disney.

To all-
Today I received a reply to my email stating that new cards have once again been requested for me and that it will take.....you guessed it.....4 to 6 weeks. I almost feel like I'm going to have to continue requesting cards every 6 weeks and just hope to have some by my trip next Jan.! I'm losing faith! Makes me glad I have a DC card that I can use for the discount at the DS...because I can't imagine them just accepting an expired DVC card, even though that's what MS is telling me to do...use the expired card. My expired card is getting rather beat up..its just paper.

Glad to hear that someone has received cards...

Lesley

1979 Contemporary
1992 Off-site
1994 Carribean Beach
1999 Fort Wilderness and Coronado Springs
2000 Polynesian and Old Key West
2002 Boardwalk Villas

We closed Oct 4th. Sent two emails, one on Jan. 4th, and another in Feb. 1st, also got a call from our CM wanting to show us WLV when we are down in March, told him too. We finally got our cards this past Saturday, March 3rd. !! No tote bag though, just the small white on we got with our paperwork. Wish you all luck.

What do you think I should do about the tote ?

bwv_logo_trans.gif

WDW:
76,77,78,87,FW
92,Offsite
95 POL
96(2), GF,Offsite
97,GF
98,99,00,FW
8/00 DVC member
3/2001 BWV
11/2001 BWV

I just made my third call to MS requesting these cards. I also sent an email as a back up, since my other 2 phone calls have gotten me nowhere. In my email, I stated that I was aware of a glitch and that the few October 4 closers who have received their cards did not receive a tote. I made a request that the tote accompany my cards when they are sent out. Don't know what else to do at this point but I will let you know if anything happens!

Regarding my previous post, MS e-mailed me back. I was told that it may take a while, but they will be sure to send out my "welcome kit" as well as my permanent membership cards. If you are planning on contacting MS about not receiving your cards, make sure you mention that you have not received your welcome kit either. Otherwise, you will probably just receive your cards without the tote. Good luck to all!

We also closed on Oct 4th. Received our permanent cards, tote bag and license plate well before Christmas. Just received our WL pin last week. Sounds like we lucked out! :)

We closed the same date and received our license plates before christmas. We called the first week of January about the cards and we received them the last week of January. No tote bag though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter