Members Cruise

ctandy

Earning My Ears
Can anyone who was on the members cruise that returned today give us any feed back on your trip? I am scheduled to go in January and want to know if it will be worth it.
Thanks, Andy

Omg it is totally worth it, great gifts, great entertainment. Wish we could go again in January

We had a wonderful time on the members cruise. We have been members of DVC since 1995, and cruised on Wonder and Dream, but this was the first members cruise. It was terrific. There were a lot of special activities, such as a premiere of the new Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie about three weeks before it officially opens, lectures by Disney notables including Don Hahn, a producer, the voice of Goofy, and two of the cartoonists. There was a special show of Broadway Disney songs which featured performers who had actually been on the shows on Broadway, including Mary Poppins, Aida, and Lion King. The passengers were mostly adults, a lot in the 50+ age group. This includes me and DH, as we bought in 1995 when our son was a child and now he's an adult with kids of his own. Each day in the cabin we received a quality commemorative gift - picture frames, canvas bags, Etc. Claire Bilby, the CEO of DVC, was on the cruise and out and about, so we had a chance to speak to her. I am very glad we went and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested, you won't regret it.

This was our first member cruise too! We all enjoyed it very much. We were an adult group of 6 ages ranging from 40's to 50's. There were very few children on the ship however, I contribute that to the time of year. It's very difficult to remove your child from school after it only just started, they tend to miss to much.
With that said it was very easy to get around, beaches weren't over crowded. Buffet lines moved quickly as well.
The children that were on the cruise really lucked out, short lines for character pictures and met and greet.
Shows were amazing!
Member services told me to pack an extra empty bag for gifts and they weren't kidding! You really should pack 2 to be safe. Some of the gifts were bulky and heavy, but you can tell a lot of planning went in to this whole event. I for one truly appreciated all their efforts!!
It was not a sales pitch cruise!! ( I was afraid it might be!)
This will definitely not be my last member cruise!! We are hoping they have another the same time next year!!!

I've been a member since '03, and have been on the '05 MC. My schedule has prevented me from going on another one, UNTIL the one coming up in January! I'm especially psyched after reading reports from the September cruise!

If you are considering it, please come to the Dis Meets thread!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2833365

I'm organizing a Halloween Card exchange! PM me with your info if you want to join us!

Hollywood Glitter has a web page and there are photos of some of us. I just got cruise planning documents for that trip in the mail today! Yeah!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Lots of give aways...lots of us disney freaks on board.

However, the overall deal has decreased in recent years. Hopefully January will be a return to the former quality.

What everyone wants to know.................the gifts, one per cabin? Some people say 1 some say 2. But no one who was on the cruise has said.

What everyone wants to know.................the gifts, one per cabin? Some people say 1 some say 2. But no one who was on the cruise has said.

Didn't sail on this one, but on the two that we have it was one for each person in the stateroom.

On this last member cruise some gifts were per person and some were per cabin. When we arrived there were little cases that held a water cup, umbrella, hat, fan and bag inside. There were 1 per person. Then we also received watches, special pins, picture frames and Mickey glow ears one per person. We received a DVC monopoly game an a free 8x10 picture voucher and those were 1 per stateroom. Hope this helps :)

On this last member cruise some gifts were per person and some were per cabin. When we arrived there were little cases that held a water cup, umbrella, hat, fan and bag inside. There were 1 per person. Then we also received watches, special pins, picture frames and Mickey glow ears one per person. We received a DVC monopoly game an a free 8x10 picture voucher and those were 1 per stateroom. Hope this helps :)

Thank you! I wish we all could get a picture..I'm with DCuz & DSis. Oh well, we'll manage.

4bsingreece said:

Thank you! This is great tnformation.

The castaway club gift was only one per stateroom. We were 2 adults in our stateroom and we received 2 DVC gifts per day!! However, I don't know if you had your children with you if they received anything.

THIS WAS OUR 6TH MEMBER CRUISE. IT WAS BETTER THAN LAST YEAR. THE LAST NIGHTS ENTERTAINMENT WAS VERY GOOD. AS USUAL THE PEOPLE WHO SAIL THE CRUISE ARE SO MUCH FUN. WE WERE ON THE FAMILY BEACH UNTIL 440PM BOTH DAYS AT CASATAWAY CAY. OUR FRIENDS BROUGHT THEIR FLOATING DRINK HOLDER. YOU PROBABLY SAW US ON THE FAMILY BEACH. THIS YEAR THEY CUT OUT THE ONE HOUR TALK IN THE WALT DISNEY THEATRE WHICH WAS A GLORIFIED SELL JOB ANYWAYS. WE ALWAYS ENJOY DUCKY WILLIAMS(disney artist) AND BILL FARMER(voice of Goofy)BILL REMEMBERED ME FROM THE PAST 2 CRUISES:rotfl2: ONLY 2500 ON THIS CRUISE, 300 KIDS. PASSING THE ADULT POOL YOU MIGHT OF SEEN US HITTING THE BEACHBALL AROUND. ONE DINING ROOM WAS CLOSED EACH SITTING, NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO FILL ALL 3.IT WASNT AS GOOD AS 5 YEARS AGO BUT I THINK THEY ARE LISTENING TO THE LOYAL MEMBERS LIKE OURSELVES, AND ELIMINATING SOME OF THE SELL POINTS ASPECT. WE HAD A GREAT TIME WILL TRY TO BE BACK NEX YEAR. A GIANT WOOHOO TO ALL THE GREAT FRIENDS WE MADE ON THE CRUISE:cool1:

Sounds like fun. When do you think the information wll come out for the dates for the member cruise next fall?

This was our first member cruise !
This will definitely not be my last member cruise!! We are hoping they have another the same time next year!!!

Any word on next year's member cruise, besides the January one?

:scratchin What I have seen in the past....it's always around the 3rd Sun. in Sept.....Anyway we our already booked in for Sept 15, 2013, a 4 day cruise.If it is than , We saved a ton of $$$ by booking early. :thumbsup2 WE have yet to do a member cruise and we have been DVC members since 1997, and have cruised 10 times since 2004.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter