Members celebration at MK in 2017

No email here either but thanks to everyone on this board I saw that signups were available. I have a March 3 reservation that I booked a while back.

I was able to book online for the 1st party date on 2/24 but I did it for only 4 people which is what we have in our room reservation. Will I be able to modify it on the 6th to 6 people you think?

I was able to book online for the 1st party date on 2/24 but I did it for only 4 people which is what we have in our room reservation. Will I be able to modify it on the 6th to 6 people you think?

You may be able to modify it now.
I made reservations for 5 , and we only have 2 on the resort reservation so far. Our (grown) kids have said they may want to go, so we will have to add them to the resort reservation , but I reserved the party for all of us. It never asked for a reservation number , so I am sure you can modify right now before the 6th, were you may loose the chance. Give it a try.

Note: I have also heard a few people who have made reservations already, even though they are not staying on site. They just entered a specific resort , and since it didn't ask for a reservation # , they were able to book it (not going to dispute whether its ethical or not, just saying it has been done already).

BTW, we are staying st Saratoga Springs ! :D

Last edited:
You may be able to modify it now.
I made reservations for 5 , and we only have 2 on the reservation so far. Our (grown) kids have said they may want to go, so we will have to add them to the reservation , but I reserved the party for all of us. It never asked for a reservation number , so I am sure you can modify right now before the 6th, were you may loose the chance. Give it a try.

Note: I have also heard a few people who have made reservations already, even though they are not staying on site. They just entered a specific resort , and since it didn't ask for a reservation # , they were able to book it (not going to dispute whether its ethical or not, just saying it has been done already).

BTW, we are staying st Saratoga Springs ! :D

Thanks. I went ahead and modified mine. Pretty easy.

OK - it says on the website for non-property staying folks that sign-up opens at 8 AM, but when I click on it, it tells me I can't sign up for 2 more hours. Is anyone else seeing this?

Same here. And you can't call them until 9:00 am to tell them that their system clock is off.

Edit: I just made it through. Try now!

Last edited:
Try again now. Click the staying on site and then when it asks for the resort, there is an option for NONE. I just registered using that method.

Very frustrating. I sent email to Member Services.

The above work around didn't work until just a few minutes ago - I estimate it to be working about 8:45 Eastern. Might be working the "logical way" by now, too.

Good luck - I think there is still plenty of space left, but that's just a guess.

Try again now. Click the staying on site and then when it asks for the resort, there is an option for NONE. I just registered using that method.

Very frustrating. I sent email to Member Services.

The above work around didn't work until just a few minutes ago - I estimate it to be working about 8:45 Eastern. Might be working the "logical way" by now, too.

Good luck - I think there is still plenty of space left, but that's just a guess.

That option (the "Not staying at a Disney Resort") was actually there since December 1st. I just didn't dare book that way, even though I had heard it would work. I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

However, since Disney says it was open to all members at 8 AM on December 6th, I decided to go ahead and register this way as you did instead of wait until 10 AM. It gave me a number and everything - so hopefully I am good.

That option (the "Not staying at a Disney Resort") was actually there since December 1st. I just didn't dare book that way, even though I had heard it would work. I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

However, since Disney says it was open to all members at 8 AM on December 6th, I decided to go ahead and register this way as you did instead of wait until 10 AM. It gave me a number and everything - so hopefully I am good.

I also refused to use it before 8 AM Eastern on 12/6. (Just couldn't bring myself to cheat, and that is what it felt like to me).

However, a few minutes after the published time came and went, that "cheating feeling" varnished and IMO, the first click became just a work-around to bypass a failed link on Disney's part. I was honest on the registration screen , so my conscience is clear and unbothered. :teeth:.

The first few times I tried the work around, it didn't work anyway. They must have fixed the registration screen issue after hearing about others who lied to reserve ahead of time. But I kept trying every few minutes and eventually, the work-around worked (at about 8:45 AM Eastern).

I got an email confirmation, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm good! :teeth:

P.S. I sent an email (via contact us on Members' website) expressing my disappointment that they didn't open the online registration at the time they published.

I also refused to use it before 8 AM Eastern on 12/6. (Just couldn't bring myself to cheat, and that is what it felt like to me).

However, a few minutes after the published time came and went, that "cheating feeling" varnished and IMO, the first click became just a work-around to bypass a failed link on Disney's part. I was honest on the registration screen , so my conscience is clear and unbothered. :teeth:.

The first few times I tried the work around, it didn't work anyway. They must have fixed the registration screen issue after hearing about others who lied to reserve ahead of time. But I kept trying every few minutes and eventually, the work-around worked (at about 8:45 AM Eastern).

I got an email confirmation, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm good! :teeth:

P.S. I sent an email (via contact us on Members' website) expressing my disappointment that they didn't open the online registration at the time they published.

Yup - 100% mimic all your comments. I waited until 8 AM to register, and registered the only way that the system would let me work.

As a comment, it seemed like this was all working way too well - I figured something would go wrong somewhere along the way - Disney IT always messes something up. (And now that I made that comment, my reservation will be magically cancelled.)

Yup - 100% mimic all your comments. I waited until 8 AM to register, and registered the only way that the system would let me work.

As a comment, it seemed like this was all working way too well - I figured something would go wrong somewhere along the way - Disney IT always messes something up. (And now that I made that comment, my reservation will be magically cancelled.)

Glad I'm not the only one who tried at 8:30am and could not get through with message saying wait another 1 hr + or so.

Just tried again and website doesn't appear to be working for me.

Ugh...hoping after the meeting im in today there will still be spots.

Glad I'm not the only one who tried at 8:30am and could not get through with message saying wait another 1 hr + or so.

Just tried again and website doesn't appear to be working for me.

Ugh...hoping after the meeting im in today there will still be spots.

When I go on now there is still availability and it does seem to be working for the not staying on-property portion of the site.

When I go on now there is still availability and it does seem to be working for the not staying on-property portion of the site.

Yes, when i did it this morning at 7:45 my time (8:45 EST) it worked correctly for me. I clicked on the link for not staying on property and it worked fine.

Just a quick question / PSA for those who registered on December 1st.

On the 1st I registered, even with the glitches in the system, and got a confirmation email. So we were all set for the March 3rd event.
Today I went to register, so that our Florida family can join us, and there was still room. YAY!

BUT I noticed a very big difference in the registration confirmations:

The one I did today has an actual REGISTRATION CODE number: xxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxx whereas the reservation from 12/1 DID NOT. This showed up just above where it says Here's what you need to know as you prepare to party

I would advise all that registered on 12/1 to check and double check that they received an actual number. I would hate to see people turned away just because the system was glitchy and didn't assign a reservation #.

Has anyone who wanted to register been turned down yet? Just wondering when/if they will reach capacity. I'm thinking that all the worry & stress may have been for nothing, LOL. Guess that Soarin' thing got a lot of us very nervous about this one!

It the first 25th event I've been able to attend. We just seem to miss most of them, but that's the way it goes. I'm excited for this one. Hope I'm not "over-expecting" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter