Members celebration at MK in 2017

My second thought was wow 1am that's late - then wow I'm getting old. Then, the folks running the next day in February probably won't be up that late either.

If I can get in, by golly I'm staying up LOL, races be darned. That early morning is horrid enough for me, given that I'm on west coast time still. At least 1am will still feel like 10pm to me!

If I'm checking out of OKW the morning of 2/24, the day of the member party, am I still considered to have an onsite reservation in terms of calling for a reservation on Dec. 1?

Have the December dates been confirmed for booking the event? I haven't seen anything about it other than someone mentioning it in this thread. I think the person said they got an email about it. I haven't gotten any email, and I have an on site reservation for the March event. Anyone else hear anything?

If I'm checking out of OKW the morning of 2/24, the day of the member party, am I still considered to have an onsite reservation in terms of calling for a reservation on Dec. 1?

I would believe so but MS would be the ones to confirm that.

Yes. This happened to us for one of the Typhoon Lagoon events. We got an email about it since we had an onsite reservation, even though it was our checkout day. I ended up booking an additional night (had to move, though) since the event went so late.

Have the December dates been confirmed for booking the event? I haven't seen anything about it other than someone mentioning it in this thread. I think the person said they got an email about it. I haven't gotten any email, and I have an on site reservation for the March event. Anyone else hear anything?

I saw it on the DVC website. I think they revised the original announcement with the times and booking info.

I hope it is online, I am working Thursday and hate to trust the task of calling and being stuck on hold for hours to my husband.

I am also calling on cell and home line because I got screwed trying to call for Soarin' tour last week. Some early calls were send to phone queue limbo, never to be answered, but still getting the phone queue messages.... others got dumped after a long hold.

Why am I looking at it now and not seeing the Dec 1 and Dec 6 sign up dates? I see this now:
"Check Back Soon for Details

Be sure to check this page again soon for more information about this special event–including booking details, hours and more."

Last edited:
I hope it is online, I am working Thursday and hate to trust the task of calling and being stuck on hold for hours to my husband.

I am also calling on cell and home line because I got screwed trying to call for Soarin' tour last week. Some early calls were send to phone queue limbo, never to be answered, but still getting the phone queue messages.... others got dumped after a long hold.

Why am I looking at it now and not seeing the Dec 1 and Dec 6 sign up dates? I see this now:
"Check Back Soon for Details

Be sure to check this page again soon for more information about this special event–including booking details, hours and more."

Not certain where you are looking but in the information about this event under Member News it has the following:

"Mark your calendars now to be part of the fun, and see the following booking details:
RSVP for Members with a Resort reservation during the date of the event can begin booking Thursday, December 1, 2016.RSVP for Members without a Resort reservation during the date of the event can begin booking Tuesday, December 6, 2016."

BTW - this is a very different sized event and accommodates at least a couple thousand people. I'd bet that even many of those off site booking on the 6th will be able to get in.

I spoke with member services over the weekend. Our checkout date is 2/24. After checking with a supervisor, she told me we had to have an onsite reservation on night if 2/24 to make reservation on 12/1 for party. Since there was no availability, we wait listed that night and booked a Disney hotel room.

My question is, if I book party, and our waitlist comes through or we otherwise decide to change Disney hotels, does that effect our party reservation?

I was wondering about this too, I have 2 nights at Kidani ($$ reservation) before switching to All Star Movies (cheap cheap trip!!) but I really want to change that to another resort before March. I was thinking it would be fine if I have the same reservation number. I am WILL be staying somewhere on property (we live in NJ).

Not certain where you are looking but in the information about this event under Member News it has the following:

"Mark your calendars now to be part of the fun, and see the following booking details:
RSVP for Members with a Resort reservation during the date of the event can begin booking Thursday, December 1, 2016.RSVP for Members without a Resort reservation during the date of the event can begin booking Tuesday, December 6, 2016."

BTW - this is a very different sized event and accommodates at least a couple thousand people. I'd bet that even many of those off site booking on the 6th will be able to get in.

I was looking under Member Benefits. Thanks for helping me find the more detailed post under Member NEWS.

I was wondering about this too, I have 2 nights at Kidani ($$ reservation) before switching to All Star Movies (cheap cheap trip!!) but I really want to change that to another resort before March. I was thinking it would be fine if I have the same reservation number. I am WILL be staying somewhere on property (we live in NJ).

We have SSR booked and VWL Waitlisted so wondering the same thing if VWL clears.

Did anyone see anything about number of tickets we can request?

I spoke with member services over the weekend. Our checkout date is 2/24. After checking with a supervisor, she told me we had to have an onsite reservation on night if 2/24 to make reservation on 12/1 for party. Since there was no availability, we wait listed that night and booked a Disney hotel room.

My question is, if I book party, and our waitlist comes through or we otherwise decide to change Disney hotels, does that effect our party reservation?

Things like that are not linked to a hotel reservation so if a change happens it won't affect the after hours party reservation.

By Resort reservation for the party, does it have to be at a DVC Resort or just on property? We have a room for cash at Coronado Springs on 2/24 and Poly Villas on points starting 2/25. So glad I checked out this thread as I had a reminder in January like they originally said.

Also, if we end up not being able to make it, can we cancel? Kids school may get in the way. :(

By Resort reservation for the party, does it have to be at a DVC Resort or just on property? We have a room for cash at Coronado Springs on 2/24 and Poly Villas on points starting 2/25. So glad I checked out this thread as I had a reminder in January like they originally said.

Also, if we end up not being able to make it, can we cancel? Kids school may get in the way. :(
For the previous events that required an on-site reservation, it could be any Disney Resort. IIRC, only the Beach Bash at TL required an on-site stay.

You can (and should) cancel the reservation for the event if you know you will be unable to attend. If you cancel, that frees up spots for someone else to attend.

They don't really care if members attend or not or who will attend. Parties are paid by DVD and are a way to sell the idea of direct purchases grant something special.

Oh poor resalers who miss on those magical parties. Sign on the dotted line please.

I disagree partially. They do care if members attend or they would not offer these events. I agree they don't care "which" members attend, and why should they?

I certainly do not care who attends. If it works out that I get to go to something offered, then fine. If it works out I don't, then I am fine with that too. It does not have to be about ME.

Even if they did give 11 months notice, not every member can attend even then. I really do not understand the angst these events cause to some members.

I spoke with Member Services today and was told that to sign up for the event they will be sending out a email to those with resort reservations. That email should have a link to sign up. It was going out tonight. Did anyone else hear the same thing, or get that email??

I spoke with Member Services today and was told that to sign up for the event they will be sending out a email to those with resort reservations. That email should have a link to sign up. It was going out tonight. Did anyone else hear the same thing, or get that email??
Oh, no, that sounds like a recipe for failure. I haven't received the email yet, has anybody else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter