Member Services have changed my reservation without checking

Treacle44

DIS Veteran
We were waitlisted for the Beach Club Villas for the night of the 9th Nov, but already had VWL booked for the night. It wasn't on auto waitlist, so they should've called me first shouldn't they?

Just checked online and it's been changed to BCV, but I'd rather stay at VWL now as we've planned the day at MK. I'm presuming it's tough luck now as there won't be any avialbility at VWL now. :(

T
x

As of June 1st all waitlists are automatic. Not sure if this was grandfathered or not if you waitlisted prior to that date.

As announced, ALL waitlists are now autofilled. There is no way to waitlist unless you do it that way now. I suspect it was just getting to be too much to track, so that might be why the policy changed. So, the moral of the story is....don't go on a waitlist unless you REALLY want it.

Hiya

Yes I remember reading about it but I thought it was for new waitlists from June 1st, obviously not! :(

Not the end of the world, but a but annoying nevertheless.

EDITED to say we've been on the wiatlist since April, that's why I didn't think it was applicable.

Thanks

I learned something about waitlists last month. At one time (in March) we made a VB reservation for Labor Day weekend, in a garden inn room , and I waitlisted for an ocean view room. In May, I learned that we would be invited to a wedding over Labor Day and I reluctantly cancelled the reservation for VB. What I didn't realize was that cancelling the ressie, didn't cancel the waitlist. Last month, I had someone in MS ask me, if I still wanted the VB waitlist...well, no! But I had forgotten about it...this is a good reason why letting us see our waitlists on line would be beneficial.

Thank heavens for that very alert CM!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I rang MS and they had availability for Nov 9 at VWL so I could change back. Phew!

The auto waitlist DOES apply to everything now, even pre June 1st waitlists so beware if you have any you're not sure if you want anymore!

T
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter