Member Services and loading new points

DizBub

Totally Addicted
I have yet another question about resales and loading the points into an existing account after closing.

Since I already have a membership will I be able to see my new points on the Member's site without calling? :surfweb:

Yes, if loaded correctly you will see the new contract first, then within a couple of days, the points will appear.

If the new contract is the same UY and the deed is titled the same as your first contract, make sure the the contract numbers are the same with the new contract having a .001 extension.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, if loaded correctly you will see the new contract first, then within a couple of days, the points will appear.

If the new contract is the same UY and the deed is titled the same as your first contract, make sure the the contract numbers are the same with the new contract having a .001 extension.

I agree and will add: Our most recent contract was set up and seen in our online account Sunday morning and the points were available that same afternoon.
Stephen

I talked to MS yesterday... they stated that since i have a two different UY that i will not be able to use the same online account, but will have to use two separate accounts to manage them.
I asked if they were sure... so they sent me to MA and they said the same thing.

I talked to MS yesterday... they stated that since i have a two different UY that i will not be able to use the same online account, but will have to use two separate accounts to manage them.
I asked if they were sure... so they sent me to MA and they said the same thing.

If the deeds are titled the same, this is incorrect. We have 2 UYs and all 26 of our contracts are under the same online account.

Using the online reservation system, there is even a pull down box that lets you select which UY to use.

If the deeds are titled the same, this is incorrect. We have 2 UYs and all 26 of our contracts are under the same online account.

Using the online reservation system, there is even a pull down box that lets you select which UY to use.

Thank you. that's good news... i was dreading having to flip between accounts. I specifically told them the contracts were deeded the same.. but at different resorts with different UY's. While talking, i sensed in their tone that neither seemed too confident in what they were telling me, however.

I was also told that at the 7-month window, If i wanted to use my BWV points for my OKW reservation (if i decide to upgrade to a 2BR), I'd have to do a once-a-year transfer... just as if we were two complete strangers transferring points. Is that correct?

Thank you. that's good news... i was dreading having to flip between accounts. I specifically told them the contracts were deeded the same.. but at different resorts with different UY's. While talking, i sensed in their tone that neither seemed too confident in what they were telling me, however.

I was also told that at the 7-month window, If i wanted to use my BWV points for my OKW reservation (if i decide to upgrade to a 2BR), I'd have to do a once-a-year transfer... just as if we were two complete strangers transferring points. Is that correct?

Having one UY really makes things easier but owning a DVC interest is a learning experience. :goodvibes

Transferring between your own accounts is one of those, "depends who you talk to at MS".

I will caution you that transfers get screwed up all of the time. MS doesn't know what they are doing and apparently their computer system doesn't know what to do either. We transfered only once and the points appeared in both UYs. MS couldn't use them to book our reservation and we lost a AKV Concierge reservation because of it. It took several days to get fixed with a Manager and their IT people involved.

Hopefully your experience will be different.

As usual, you were spot on. I logged into my DVC account this morning and my new contract showed up along with my current one. Two hours later, my points were showing as well. 57 days from initial offer to being loaded in the system (even with UPS losing our closing docs).

Thanks!

As usual, you were spot on. I logged into my DVC account this morning and my new contract showed up along with my current one. Two hours later, my points were showing as well. 57 days from initial offer to being loaded in the system (even with UPS losing our closing docs).

Thanks!

Good to hear and my 60 days from offer time line seems to be accurate.

Where did you add on OKW or BWV?

Good to hear and my 60 days from offer time line seems to be accurate.

Where did you add on OKW or BWV?

Bought OKW a few years ago... just added BWV. We always thought we wanted to add at BCV... never considered BWV because of the bad reviews (lack of elevators, loud, long hallways etc...). We stayed there in Jan. and to our surprise, we both liked it better than BCV.
So now we have 2 completely different resorts that fit our needs.

Thanks again.

Bought OKW a few years ago... just added BWV. We always thought we wanted to add at BCV... never considered BWV because of the bad reviews (lack of elevators, loud, long hallways etc...). We stayed there in Jan. and to our surprise, we both liked it better than BCV.
So now we have 2 completely different resorts that fit our needs.

Thanks again.

BWV is out favorite resort. IMO the Boardwalk view is the best DVC view on property.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter