Member ID Cards

firerunner1965

Earning My Ears
I am confused

So what color is your card BEFORE the changes?

What color is it after?

We bought May 2016 Closed July 2016 and just curious what color card I am suppose to have.

my member card is blue with silver writing....my old card was blue with the multi colored mountain logo on it

After 4/4/16 IF resale you get a white card. If direct from Disney you get the blue card.

Okay to add to the confusion - every time I was signed in to my DVC account and clicked on the digital membership card link it was redirecting me to the page for direct benefits. I tried it again today and it took me to a digital card! So I also requested a physical card from that screen. The digital card is blue with white writing... And it says I have been a member since 2014?! I am a resale purchaser - contract signed in May 2016, closed in July 2016. So I should not be grandfathered... But I am wondering what's going on! Anyone else experience this?

Well, Disney is known to have website issues, DVC even more. Anything can happen.

:earsboy: Bill

Okay to add to the confusion - every time I was signed in to my DVC account and clicked on the digital membership card link it was redirecting me to the page for direct benefits. I tried it again today and it took me to a digital card! So I also requested a physical card from that screen. The digital card is blue with white writing... And it says I have been a member since 2014?! I am a resale purchaser - contract signed in May 2016, closed in July 2016. So I should not be grandfathered... But I am wondering what's going on! Anyone else experience this?

What resort did you buy? I sounds like a mistake was made when your account was set up and you were left at the date of the previous owner. Others who pur

Last edited:
Huh... It's magically now changed to a white vertical card with black or navy blue writing with no "member since" on it.

A similar situation happened to us. We are resale and actually received the "blue" card in the mail. I called because I was confused and they sent me a fed ex envelope to promptly send the card back. They said there has been some "glitches" in the system. It was fun to have the "blue" card for at least a few days. Lol

We have bought a few contracts and every time they've sent a pair of cards. And twice they've sent the cards twice so we have a large handful of cards. I only need one!

A similar situation happened to us. We are resale and actually received the "blue" card in the mail. I called because I was confused and they sent me a fed ex envelope to promptly send the card back. They said there has been some "glitches" in the system. It was fun to have the "blue" card for at least a few days. Lol
I sure wouldn't have sent them back.

Oops. Lost them...

And. If my account glitched and made a blue digital card, I'd download one and keep it as a pic on my phone

I don't think denying member cards is a fair way to treat somebody committing to spending tens of thousands of dollars over decades with your company and I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to protect the integrity of the caste system, especially in light of it being their mistake.

Last edited:
I sure wouldn't have sent them back.

Oops. Lost them...

And. If my account glitched and made a blue digital card, I'd download one and keep it as a pic on my phone

I don't think denying member cards is a fair way to treat somebody committing to spending tens of thousands of dollars over decades with your company and I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to protect the integrity of the caste system, especially in light of it being their mistake.

The new cards have a date, they do expire. So keeping a pile of them... what's to gain? Even the down loaded card has a date. You still need photo ID to use them.
Why would you think Disney cares, you didn't give them anything when you purchased resale.

What about our old cards which don't have expiration date? Can we use those forever or are they no longer good now that ones with dates are made?

What about our old cards which don't have expiration date? Can we use those forever or are they no longer good now that ones with dates are made?
Old cards without an expiration date are no longer valid.

So what do we have to do now to get actual cards? I've been waiting for like a year now...

I have been told that cards are processed by an outside vendor and that they make their runs when a minimum is met.

:earsboy: Bill

So what do we have to do now to get actual cards? I've been waiting for like a year now...

I requested them......they said 6-8 weeks and 6 weeks later they arrived.
We are all set now. I have 4 and DH has 3 :rotfl:

So if I don't call and request one I won't get one? Gee I've only been a member since 03...

I guess I better make the call after the Labor Day holiday so that I will have one the next time I visit a Disney park, which will likely be at least 2 years from now.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter