• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member event at BLT

castleri

DIS Veteran
Went to the member event at BLT and found it interesting. Unfortunately the fast passes went unused as we were leaving the next day and did not go to the parks the day of the event. As most know it is a sales presentation and as such I thought it was well done in a fun way. I was very interested in the fact that the moderator of the program made a point that there are points available at ALL the DVC resorts. I know people have said that guides do not let them know they could buy at BCV or BWV etc. He was very clear that you can get points at any resort you wish to purchase. My DD and DGD went with me and experessed the opinion on walking into the building and down the hall to the elevator later that it reminds them of a hospital. Even after the presentation and tour they both said it was not a place that appealed enough to them to want to stay there. I was glad we went and would not mind staying there a night or two to get access to TOWL and for the possible views but don't see any longer stays in the future. I was disappointed that my waitlist for a night there this last trip did not come through because I thought they would like to stay there. Now I am glad it didn't. It again makes me happy that DVC has so many different resorts that there are options for everyone.

We attended the same kind of event over the thanksgiving week that we were their . BLT is an awesome resort from an apperance and location standpoint ,but now that I have seen the inside it would be my last choice of staying in when chooseing where to stay on vacation .

We go to that presentation every time we are in WDW. It's a nice break from park touring, we have fun answering the trivia questions and getting the useless trinkets, free snacks and drinks are always nice, the kids love the free DVC pins (theirs to keep and ours to trade away), and once we even won the $100 gift card. The fastpasses are perfect for rides like toy story mania since you can get fastpasses even after the machines have closed down for everyone else (and the return time is instant). It's a very nice way to spend an hour.

I would never buy BLT, especially direct (now at $130!?!) , but they keep trying :)

How did you schedule it? I tried calling Member Services to see if we could attend next week and the CM I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I pointed out that I KNOW it takes place because we have attended it.

I could have sworn the last time I attended I scheduled it by calling Member Services. She even put me on hold and supposedly spoke to her supervisor.

I tried calling our guide because he often does the presentation, but he is out of town.

We are new members we purchased in October. When we went to the presentation appointment we specifically declared an interest in BWV. Our guide only offered us points in BLT, AKV, or Aulani. We chose BLT because I have always wanted to stay on the Monorail. I really liked BLT when we toured there, but I would have loved to know all my options.

We are new members we purchased in October. When we went to the presentation appointment we specifically declared an interest in BWV. Our guide only offered us points in BLT, AKV, or Aulani. We chose BLT because I have always wanted to stay on the Monorail. I really liked BLT when we toured there, but I would have loved to know all my options.

We purchased BLT in April of this year. We told our guide initially that we were interested in VWL or BCV. He did tell us we could purchase either of those resorts, but the price would be $115 per point, with no incentives. Also, the end date of those resorts is 2042, vs 2060 for BLT. Ultimately we chose BLT, and we are very happy with our decision. In fact we have added on twice since our initial purchase. :laughing:

We go to that presentation every time we are in WDW. It's a nice break from park touring, we have fun answering the trivia questions and getting the useless trinkets, free snacks and drinks are always nice, the kids love the free DVC pins (theirs to keep and ours to trade away), and once we even won the $100 gift card. The fastpasses are perfect for rides like toy story mania since you can get fastpasses even after the machines have closed down for everyone else (and the return time is instant). It's a very nice way to spend an hour.

I would never buy BLT, especially direct (now at $130!?!) , but they keep trying :)

OK...I didn't know that you could go a second time. It's going to be pretty chilly when we're visiting, beginning this Friday. We're staying at VWL, so it's just a boat ride away. I'll try to get us in for one of the days.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. When we went in August, the Fast pass you got was not good for Toy Story Midway Mania.

DH and I went in October and thought it was pretty nice. We were able to use our FP on TSM...DH got in one line and I got in another so we were able to ride TSM twice in a row! DH said the same thing as another poster....he wasn't overly thrilled with BLT either...he thought it was too much like a standard hotel. I'd like to stay there once, but I don't think DH will agree.

How did you schedule it? I tried calling Member Services to see if we could attend next week and the CM I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I pointed out that I KNOW it takes place because we have attended it.

I could have sworn the last time I attended I scheduled it by calling Member Services. She even put me on hold and supposedly spoke to her supervisor.

I tried calling our guide because he often does the presentation, but he is out of town.

I just went to a DVC kiosk at DHS and asked to be scheduled into one of the events. He called and set it up for the date I wanted. We later added one more person by talking with the DVC rep at AKV.

We went yesterday and won the $100! Yea!!! :cool1:

Was told there are limited points at every resort. They have raised the price at BLT to $130/point, but the "incentive" for 100+ point addition is $13 less, so $117/point and expires in 2060. We inquired about Wilderness Lodge. It is $102/point with no incentive, and does expire in 2042. As much as we love VWL, we couldn't justify 18 less years than at BLT. Plus, the annual dues are lower at BLT than any of the other resorts. We ended up not buying additional points yet, but if we do we intend to buy BLT but stay elsewhere. However, I must say, being on the monorail is SO convenient, and opens up so many more options when bouncing between locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter