• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Melting Pot

DH and I also like this place for very special occasions, as a full meal will cost over $100. Personally, I thought the food was good, and loved the fact that I could substitute most of the menu; made it easier to find entrees we liked. I will say that they'll tell you that 2 or 3 minutes is sufficient to cook your food. We found that 4 or 5 ensured that all our meat was cooked all the way through, since we don't like rare meat.

Your waiter will spend a good deal of time going over the menu and your various options. Plan at least a couple hours for your meal. If you do decide to get cheese fondue, entrees, and chocolate fondue, wear loose-fitting pants. Have fun!

When I go out to eat, I don't want to have to cook it, time it, scrape it off sticks, or look at pots, pans, and the like. I also don't like the steam, hot table, and passing around variety of sauces and such. I just want my meal served ready-to-go as I ordered, and the option for everyone in the party to select their own dish. The wait staff has always been top notch, the food turns out tasty, but not a lot of it IMO. It's just not my choice of restaurant.

Thanks for posting, just printed my coupon.:goodvibes DD said she would like to go there for her bday this year since she's not having a party.

We love love love The Melting Pot!! My daughter had her birthday party there last year- we brought 6 kids and they all loved it!
My daughter and I try to go at least once a month- we usually ask for a table with 2 burners so we can get both oil and broth cooking styles. I love taking the mushrooms, filling them with the green goddess and then coating with tempura batter and cooking them in the oil---its like a stuffed mushroom---soooo good! My daughter prefers the broth for the chicken but she puts her potatos in the tempura batter and fries them.
You can ask for refills for any of the dippers you want- we usually end up asaking for more marshmellows and strawberries! When we eat there I walk out so stuffed I don't eat another thing until the next day!
I love their house salad with the peppercorn ranch dressing--its always so fresh....I am not usually a salad person either but theirs is just so good.
I typically get the artichoke cheese fondue too- thats my favorite! My daughter doesn't eat it so when its just the two of us I will get a "one person" portion--its only 8.00 and its just enough for one---even to much at times!

And no matter what cheese concoction we get, it always just seems bitter and unappetizing after the first couple of bites.

This was exactly what I found, glad I'm not the only one.

As for the entree/meats, what they lack in quality they make up for in quantity, and I don't mean that in a good way. Enough said. Plus, they all just seem to taste the same after a while... even the potatoes. I say don't bother.

Personally, I didn't even think the quantity made up for it (even sarcastically). The size plate of meats, considering it was for two people, was rather unimpressive.

So... $200 (plus ~$30-40 tip) for sub-par food and an entree that you have to COOK YOURSELF?

For a single couple, I found the price point closer to $100 (not sure if you're referring to two couples or just one), but either way, I think what you're saying still stands. There's plenty of places I can go and spend that (or less) for a much higher quality meal. To me, no amount of ambiance or fun experience can really compare to having a good and satisfying meal.

We went for my birthday a few weeks ago. It was our third visit...many years in between. We ordered the mojo cooking style (broth) and it was amazing. As the broth boiled down it concentrated and just got better. The broccoli and chicken were easy favorites...

Get the Mojo!!!!

The frozen Strawberry Shortcake Martini was amazing!!!

Ok I really want us to try two different chocolates. Which two are your favorite. I am worried though that this may be too much food for just two. Can you take out a doggy bag. I figure if we get the above deal I mentioned plus an extra dessert we can get out of there for around 100 bucks. Do they have single sevings of the cheese and chocolates.

Ok I really want us to try two different chocolates. Which two are your favorite. I am worried though that this may be too much food for just two. Can you take out a doggy bag. I figure if we get the above deal I mentioned plus an extra dessert we can get out of there for around 100 bucks. Do they have single sevings of the cheese and chocolates.

I love Melting Pot and I really love dessert but my stomach just turned thinking about even more dessert than what comes with the meal. They bring you ALOT of stuff to dip for dessert that is rich in its own right including homemade marshmallows and bites of cheesecake. My husband loved the cookies that he dipped.

Our dinner took almost 3 hours but we took our time and had real conversation and night out since it was my birthday. The waiter was great and didn't rush us. I was almost too full by the time dessert came and the waiter just let us rest and recoup before the last course.

Don't forget you can ask for more dipping things like veggies or breads and more dessert stuff. Love the marshmallows!

They don't have single servings except on the salad. It really isn't a dessert per say, so I don't know how you would bring home a doggy bag. They bring a pot of chocolate that they place on a burner and melt in front of you and then bring a plate of little dippables.

I know when we go with other people we pick 2 cheese dips and 2 chocolates, but when its just DH and I we always just pick one.

We don't really have a favorite, we usually get whatever the special flavor is for the time we are there.

They don't have single servings except on the salad. It really isn't a dessert per say, so I don't know how you would bring home a doggy bag. They bring a pot of chocolate that they place on a burner and melt in front of you and then bring a plate of little dippables.

I know when we go with other people we pick 2 cheese dips and 2 chocolates, but when its just DH and I we always just pick one.

We don't really have a favorite, we usually get whatever the special flavor is for the time we are there.

I guess that may vary because the Melting Pot I go to does indeed have single servings of cheeses--its half the price of what is listed in the menu and you just have to ask for it. I wouldn't have even known about it if the server hadn't mentioned it to me one time!

Ok I signed up with my email and got the deal for a cheese, salad, meal and dessert for 30 bucks a person. No minumum number of people required. Only valid for a few days though. I will be using this deal.

Yes, it will be too much food. And, no, I don't think you can get a doggy bag of the fondue.

If the chocolate fondues are what really turn you on, why not go elsewhere for dinner and then go to MP for dessert and get two? It will still be more chocolate than you'd eat. But if you go for a less expensive meal, you'll stay within your budget.

I happen to love MP. My dh does not. He says anyplace where he has to cook his own food and that food consists of boiled meat and veggies and he has to pay through the nose for it is NOT the place for him...LOL. He did like the chocolate fondue, AND that they served mini rice krispie treats for dipping AND brought extra for him at no charge. He was thrilled with that.

I would recommend against the oil for cooking, I didn't think it was that good.

Oh and also, whatever you do, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, cook the meat then use THAT fondue fork to put it in your mouth! You WILL be sorry! (Yes, learned that the hard way!)

I guess that may vary because the Melting Pot I go to does indeed have single servings of cheeses--its half the price of what is listed in the menu and you just have to ask for it. I wouldn't have even known about it if the server hadn't mentioned it to me one time!

I have learned so much from this thread, I had no idea you could get more dippables and now I learn you can get single cheese! If it wasn't so hot out, we would have to have made a trip there just to use my new found knowledge! Thanks!

I learned a long time ago to forgo the cheese fondue. It's good, but heavy and filling.Unless you are big eaters, it fills you up and the entrees, which are wonderful, seem a lot less appealing. And do go for the chocolate fondue. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

My favorite entree is the Teriyaki Marinated Sirloin. We always get the court boullion style of cooking and with the green goddess dipping sauce, well, just let me say--WONDERFUL!

You can indeed get your food to go. When you're full (and be sure to leave room for dessert!), just cook off the rest of the food (protein and veggies) by throwing it in the pot (no need to cook it individually on the skewers; you can just fish it all out later) and they'll give you a box to go (they don't allow you to take any raw food home, I believe). I usually use it in a stir-fry or fried rice the next evening.

You can also take the dessert to go; you just put the items in a to-go box and they provide a little container for the chocolate. It isn't ideal, nor is it as good as it would have been originally, but at least you don't feel like you're wasting food!

I often go for salad, cheese and chocolate... I'm always full after that. We do the full big night out probably 3 or 4 times a year. It's my favorite restaurant. So yummy! I'm boring though and my favorite cheese is the cheddar and favorite chocolate is the original.

We've gotten to go boxes before too.

be sure to sign up for the local email of your melting pot- the melting pot here regularly runs a deal where it's 4 people for the price of 2

I signed up for the emails because of this thread and got a email about 80's night for 19.99 a person. It does not include dessert but I got a coupon for that but doubt they will let me use both.. So we have reservations for Wednesday we have always wanted to go and never have so I can't wait.

I don't really care for the meat part (boiled steak really doesn't do it for me), so I just go for cheese, salad, and chocolate! That's totally worth it!

Ok I guess two desserts would be to much unless we did the cheese and two chocolates. So does anyone like the white chocolates.

We love MP here; it's where we usually go for adult night out (though sometimes the Brazilian steakhouse or the Fish camp too). We went for DD2's graduation dinner (she chose to have it instead of a big party). Been taking DS since he was 5, he thinks it's awesome to cook his own dinner, and he's more willing to try new things (like mushrooms, shrimp and raviolis!)

Love love love the Big Night Out!
I like the Queso Fundido or the Fiesta or cheddar Cheese Fondues.

For salads: I like the house salad, with either dressing.

Entrees: we like the Mojo style cooking broth.

Dessert: The Dark and Dulce is my new favorite. S'mores and Original (you can get any kind of chocolate in any fondue, so we usually get the dark in everything) are both awesome as well.
We always get extra graham cracker marshmallows, and tell them no cheesecake. No one really eats it, except DD, and we'd rather have more and more bananas, strawberries and those crack marshmallows! :lovestruc

Just FYI - they also have a kid's price. My MP is $10 for (I think) all four courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter