Melissa & Robert's (super fast) TR ~ MK photos posted

Hey there!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on your TR yet but I just saw the final few photos of the suite. I am still green. I was green when you mailed me from there, I was green when Ana said she was leaving to go and meet you, and now I am emerald after seeing those beautiful photos! One day I will get Gav to talk to Robert and see if Robert can't twist his arm ;)

Anyway, I love all of your photos of the suite, I was so sad I could not make it. Ana said it was beautiful, she was like "We're in the Royal Ansante Suite!! AAAarrrrggghhhh!!!!" as that's her favourite hotel. I am so, so sad I couldn't come! :(

Hey Melissa - LOVE, LOVE all of the pics!! You were up close and personal to the animals - that is awesome! What a great treat for Robert (and you!) Can't wait for more!

The balcony connects with every room of the suite, even the bathroom
2831923112_f64bb09c89_o.jpg

There is also a long hallway leading to a separate bedroom that looks like a deluxe room.

I love this picture of the balcony!!!! That is a treadmill that just lives on the balcony there??? That alone is sooo cool!

Oh, and by the way, I stayed in an OKW grand villa and I have very few pictures of the inside to prove it. Don't let anyone bother you, Melissa! I can tell the pictures you took are real!!!! :lovestruc :goodvibes

I love this picture of the balcony!!!! That is a treadmill that just lives on the balcony there??? That alone is sooo cool!

Oh, and by the way, I stayed in an OKW grand villa and I have very few pictures of the inside to prove it. Don't let anyone bother you, Melissa! I can tell the pictures you took are real!!!! :lovestruc :goodvibes

I didn't say the pictures weren't real. They are real alright. Just happened to be that the Walt Disney Company took them and she even said that she took some pictures from them, so get over yourself!

I didn't say the pictures weren't real. They are real alright. Just happened to be that the Walt Disney Company took them and she even said that she took some pictures from them, so get over yourself!

Who are you and why are you yelling at me? I was merely commenting on Melissa's comments about staying in the Assante suite. I never even noticed your post. Why do you have need to be so sensitive? :confused:

Hey there!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on your TR yet but I just saw the final few photos of the suite. I am still green. I was green when you mailed me from there, I was green when Ana said she was leaving to go and meet you, and now I am emerald after seeing those beautiful photos! One day I will get Gav to talk to Robert and see if Robert can't twist his arm ;)

Anyway, I love all of your photos of the suite, I was so sad I could not make it. Ana said it was beautiful, she was like "We're in the Royal Ansante Suite!! AAAarrrrggghhhh!!!!" as that's her favourite hotel. I am so, so sad I couldn't come! :(

I so wish that you could have been there with me, all the reason to plan a vow renewal!

Ana was hysterical, I couldn't believe when she walked in and said she had just gotten an email from you to tell me hi!!! (At 5am!!!)

*hugs*

Hey Melissa - LOVE, LOVE all of the pics!! You were up close and personal to the animals - that is awesome! What a great treat for Robert (and you!) Can't wait for more!

Thank you. We love Animal Kingdom Lodge, the animals are just so fantastic. We would sit on the balcony and watch for hours.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry you walked in on drama...there is apparently a 'Melissa haters club" on the Dis.

On with the trip report:
Coming up day 3 ~ Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Melissa -- That suite looks like "lifestyles of the rich and famous"!! WOW! Like Lisa (we are both Disney marathoners, so you can see what impresses us :laughing: ), I am so stinkin' jealous of a treadmill AND the fact that it has such an amazing view. Your pictures of the safari are beautiful! Howard and I are doing the Discovery one on our honeymoon and I hope we get to see that many zebras and giraffes -- my two favorite animals. Don't they look like God hand-painted them? :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry you walked in on drama...there is apparently a 'Melissa haters club" on the Dis.

I'm a Melissa too! Melissa's United Against Haters! Seriously... I loved that you included all of the pictures you did - gives me an idea of what I'm missing!! :rotfl: I do want to include a couple of nights at AKL on a future trip - my DD would LOVE to sit on the balcony and watch the animals!

Can't wait to read what else you have in store for us! popcorn:: (By the way - your teaser pics were awesome - you were beautiful and the two of you looked so happy!)

DisneyMELISSA

Melissa -- That suite looks like "lifestyles of the rich and famous"!! WOW! Like Lisa (we are both Disney marathoners, so you can see what impresses us :laughing: ), I am so stinkin' jealous of a treadmill AND the fact that it has such an amazing view. Your pictures of the safari are beautiful! Howard and I are doing the Discovery one on our honeymoon and I hope we get to see that many zebras and giraffes -- my two favorite animals. Don't they look like God hand-painted them? :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm not sad to say I didn't use that treadmill once LOL!!! We were just too busy, I probably should have with everything we ate!

You will love the Discovery safari. We saw a lot of zebras and rhinos when we went. I love zebras and giraffes too! Every time one was at the balcony I would run over!

I'm a Melissa too! Melissa's United Against Haters! Seriously... I loved that you included all of the pictures you did - gives me an idea of what I'm missing!! :rotfl: I do want to include a couple of nights at AKL on a future trip - my DD would LOVE to sit on the balcony and watch the animals!

Can't wait to read what else you have in store for us! popcorn:: (By the way - your teaser pics were awesome - you were beautiful and the two of you looked so happy!)

DisneyMELISSA

Hi Melissa! Thank you. AKL is wonderful, we just bought into DVC and it is our home resort.

This day was a nice relaxing day. Not too much to report but photos of what we did. I had a bunch of shirts made and this one said Bride: Melissa AKA Control freak! It was so much fun to wear the ears and shirts.

Breakfast at Boma
wedding048-1.jpg

wedding049-1.jpg

wedding050-1.jpg

wedding051-1.jpg

wedding052-1.jpg

wedding053-1.jpg

Animal Kingdom

wedding055.jpg

wedding056.jpg

wedding057.jpg

We weren't married yet but I loved that you could add these to photos!
image01.jpg

image02.jpg

image03.jpg

image04.jpg

image05.jpg

image06.jpg

image07.jpg

image08.jpg

image09.jpg

image10.jpg

We took an afternoon nap and hung around the resort for a while. We grabbed lunch at the Mara where I discovered Zebra domes and they are delicious! I will not even admit how many I ate over the course of 10 days.

We had an ADR for the Brown Derby so we showered and headed out to Hollywood Studios.

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

Waiting at the Brown Derby
wedding058.jpg

wedding059.jpg

wedding060.jpg

wedding061.jpg

wedding062.jpg

wedding064.jpg

wedding065.jpg

wedding067.jpg

wedding068.jpg

wedding069.jpg

Then we headed over to the Animation building to see the Incredibles, Robert's favorite.

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

We also saw Mickey

image15.jpg

Robert & Wall-E
wedding070.jpg

wedding071.jpg

wedding072.jpg

We decided to try our luck on Midway Mania. We knew it was a long shot but figured we had nothing better to do so why not wait in line... well the line was a 3 hour wait. No way. So we went right across to this little photo place and met Buzz.

wedding073.jpg

wedding074.jpg

wedding075.jpg

wedding076.jpg

wedding077.jpg

wedding078.jpg

wedding079.jpg

Buzz
image16.jpg

image17.jpg

what the heck are the zebra dooms?? i read that too fast at first and thought it said zebra doos!

(i like your actual pictures way more than the WDW stocks)

what the heck are the zebra dooms?? i read that too fast at first and thought it said zebra doos!

(i like your actual pictures way more than the WDW stocks)

Thank you.

Zebra domes are these wonderful little desserts. They are small cake/mousse domes with a chocolate stripe design that looks like zebra stripes. I had always heard about them on the restaurant board but I had never had one. They sell them in the Mara in a pack of 5. Dh and I started out sharing a pack every other day and eventually I told him to get his own lol.

Congratulations on your marriage! I just caught up on your TR-- you were a beautiful bride! Your flowers and table decorations were amazing!

I love the AKL-- it is my favorite deluxe resort and I'm completely jealous of the Royal Asante Suite! Plus, Jiko and Boma are my favorite resturants at WDW. What a wonderful experience to stay in that suite.

This is totally forward of me, being a stranger on the internet and all, but I am curious as to what you do for a living. I noticed all the trips you have taken in your signature and I want to know how you get so much vacation time! I think I might need to change careers to whatever you do! :rotfl:

Congrats again! I can't wait to see more!

Melissa,

What is Midway Mania? Is that the new Toy Story thing? I can't imagine a 3 hour wait for anything! That's crazy.

Everything looks amazing! We just bought into AKV and can't wait for our first trip there in May. I loved your photos of the sunset safari. The two of you are so cute.

your tr looks great, love the balcony shot!

Hi Sarah, thanks!

This is a great TR - I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Thank you, I am working on the next installment now :goodvibes

Congratulations on your marriage! I just caught up on your TR-- you were a beautiful bride! Your flowers and table decorations were amazing!

I love the AKL-- it is my favorite deluxe resort and I'm completely jealous of the Royal Asante Suite! Plus, Jiko and Boma are my favorite resturants at WDW. What a wonderful experience to stay in that suite.

This is totally forward of me, being a stranger on the internet and all, but I am curious as to what you do for a living. I noticed all the trips you have taken in your signature and I want to know how you get so much vacation time! I think I might need to change careers to whatever you do! :rotfl:

Congrats again! I can't wait to see more!

Thank you for the well wishes. I don't think it is too forward of a question. I am a travel agent and I work from home. I am 'required' ;-) to travel for work LOL. Robert also gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and floating holidays (he's an environmental engineer) so we have been very fortunate to take some wonderful vacations together. We also live in Florida so it isn't as expensive for us to go to Disney as we don't have to deal with flights and we are able to take long weekends and stay for 4 days. Robert makes the real money and I make the 'play' the money :rotfl2:

Melissa,

What is Midway Mania? Is that the new Toy Story thing? I can't imagine a 3 hour wait for anything! That's crazy.

Everything looks amazing! We just bought into AKV and can't wait for our first trip there in May. I loved your photos of the sunset safari. The two of you are so cute.

Thanks.

Yes, Midway Mania is the new Toy Story ride. It is a lot of fun but at times you may even have to wait 30 minutes just to get a fast pass... it is complete pandemonium! Get there first thing or get a fast pass for sure.

I am so excited to take a trip when Kidani village opens! AKL is so beautiful! I hope you have a great trip!

Did you do airbrush makeup with Ana or regular foundation? I have her for Dec 5th and on my trial I did regular but I decided to do airbrush and i was curisou what you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter