Meghan and Mikes At Home Wedding/Disneymoon9/18/10**THE DRESS

Just found your PJ and wanted to say "Hi!":flower3: So sorry people posted mean things on your other site:hug: Who says to be "engaged" you have to be wearing a diamond ring? That's just part of our culture. My friend is dating a guy from Romania and he tells me there they don't usually do diamond rings and down on one knee proposals. He said you get engaged when you make the decision as a couple that you want to get married and it's not a big production as we make it into over here. (Don't worry my friend isn't hoping for a big proposal anyways and she doesn't like diamonds:rotfl:) The point is that an engagement is more than a ring on your finger... it's a decision you've made as a couple to start your life together... and you've made that decision so congrats! Now, unlike my friend, I do love cheesy romantic proposals and diamond rings... so I'm hoping you get your ring soon and am excited to read all about it! Can't wait to follow along with your plans!

okay so i thought i would finalllly figure out how to upload a photo of us so here it goes!
P9020083.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok so really i swear you look so familiar....hmmmm..... i'm going to have to think about this. Did you ever live in saugus?

Ok so really i swear you look so familiar....hmmmm..... i'm going to have to think about this. Did you ever live in saugus?

no, but i have family friends there and hung around that area alot lol
be careful..last time someone told me i looked familiar to them i realized he used to be a customer at a tanning salon i worked at...he tottttally denies it, but im beyond sure of it...now when we all hang out he avoids talking to me :rotfl: so now im going to introduce you all to my baby...you guys have your dogs...i have my cat..who thinks hes a dog ...he doesnt leave my side lol ( PS hes 16 yrs old! but he doesnt act or look like it i dont think!)
P9030118.jpg
[/IMG]

Awe I love your kitty!!! The mickey ears are priceless!
Too funny about the tanning salon guy!:lmao:
I'm still trying to figure out where i know you from. I went to school at salem state and lesley college in cambridge..... long shot but i figured i'd ask. :laughing: It might just be that i've seen you around somewhere.

yeh hmm we probably have just crossed paths living in such a close area!

so dbf asked my father for permission to marry me!...or whatever it is that he asked....we were at my house movin g furniture and him and my dad were downstairs having a beer and i could hear my dads side of the conversation but not his....all i know is they were talking loudly about sports..then it got quiet..i heard my dad ask if it was today..then he joked about going to city hall and something about going up the ladder and taking the money and running with it...then he got off his chair ( to shake his hand dbf later told me) then it got eeerily silent...i was in the kitchen with my mom and i started laughing because when it got silent thats when i knew...my poor boyfriend couldnt understand some of the thing my dad was saying, im like dont worry nobody ever does.....

...but thats done...the ring is done....his friends all told me hes planning on doing it within the next couple of weeks.....so i just have to continue to sit here....calmly ... nicely ... grrrr!!! :rotfl:

:yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::dance3::cheer2:

Yay!!! This is sooo exciting!!! I can't wait for it to happen for you!!!! So sweet of him to talk to your dad first. I can't wait to hear how he does it and all the details!!! popcorn::

Meghan! I finally found your PJ!! You and your DF look sooo cute!! And I almost burst out laughing when I saw your cat!! How cute. I love kitties and one of my cats won't leave my side. They actually fight over who can come into the bathroom with me! :lmao: weird, I know.

Don't worry. Df and I kept on planning before the "official" proposal. We picked out the date and the venues and everything...(and our kids and pets names, haha) of course we ended up moving up the wedding once "it" happened. I actually used to call him my virtual fiance, since we basically were. But I know how you feel about the ring and everything.

However, many women plan before the e-ring, its just unfortunate some people are just negative and mean.

I can't wait to read more. So are you going to have a disneymoon?

I love the pics! You guys are a really cute couple, and the cat with the ears is priceless. My cat would claw out my eyes though if I put mouse ears on him!:rotfl:

I'm anxiously awaiting the proposal story. I hope it happens soon.

OK just caught up, another MA bride yay!!!! Where in MA are you from Meghan?

Congrats on (alomst) getting the ring, I would've freaked out if I heard the conversation between your dad and your (soon to be:goodvibes) DF, how awesome! And how great that they get along so well, I bet your wedding will be amazing:goodvibes

Can't wait to follow along (oh and forget the haters:cool2:)

That is a cute pic of you guys and I LOVE the pic of your cat! I have a cat too and I bought her the princess hat mouse ears but I can't keep it on her long enough to get a pictur:confused3e! Maybe I'll have to try again:lmao: Poor kitty:rotfl2: Sounds like everything is in place for a formal proposal... let us know ASAP when it happens and we want details!!!:thumbsup2

Hi! Just read you PJ-i am sorry you had to deal with negativity from people. It is so not right for people to be up in your business like that. The girls on this board are awesome and would never judge. Cant' wait to hear about the proposal when it happens! Love the pic of the cat with the mickey ears:lmao: too funny!

:yay: hi guys thanks for reading! Sam, Im from Stoneham, its just north of Boston, but I work in Boston ( financial district on state/broad st) so i jsut say boston lol.

Okay so im going to go on a minor rant so dont mind me... I have one friend at work that i talk to about the sitation, but the rest of my friends, although are excited for me, dont want to hear it until i have the ring...so heres my deal......
as you guys know im hoping for it to happen in NYC.....dbf has made it clear that it wont happen there...almost too clear....we will be talking about our last vacation and how fun it was and he will blurt out that its not happening in nyc...and im like uh whats not? and hes like im not proposing to you there..and then its like okay we werent even talking about it?! ...i can understand him mentioning it to me once to not get my hopes up..but like 10 times?

then hes told me how my ring wouldnt be ready until may 30, and may 30 was the day he was going to talk to my dad ..well we know he talked to my dad, and he slipped and told me the ring was done ( hes now backtracked on that...and when i called him out he got all nervous and tongue tied)

then since we are flying and only going for like 2 days im like just pack a carry on we dont need that much stuff...and he was like no im just going to check my luggage blah blah blah...so i got annoyed bc it wasted time but whatever.....USUALLY he doesnt bring a backpack to carry on....but this time he was like ill just add a backpack to carry on my ipod. i touch camera and phone...i was like thats a waste, the flights an hour on jet blue they have tvs so no need for ipod, toss your phone and wallet in your pants and ill take the itouch in my pocket book along with your camera....and he was like so stubborn and adiment about having a pack...then he said he would need it for saturday to carry around in case he bought anything....
..uhh isnt that what shopping bags are for??

THEN last night he decides his father has a carry on bag he can use...he made some excuse that he thoguht his father was going to be away longer than planned so he couldnt use it....1) his father WAS NEVER GOING AWAY THIS WEEKEND .... 2) i got kind of snippy at him bc every time i tell him to do something he doesnt listen but if his parents tell him to do it its like gospel...and i was like you knwo someday you may want to listen to me i do tend to know what im talking about...and his response? "i just needed to listen to them on this one, you will understand someday"
:headache: what?!

i know im reading WAY to much into things...and i shouldnt get my hopes up...but how can i not ya know.....

ok end rant.......

ok....

Speaking from experience, you're doing EXACTLY what every other soon-to-be bride that knows its coming does! :cutie: Most relationship begin talking about marriage and proposals so we all kind of expect it. You not only expect it but heard your future Df talking to DD!!! You got a double whammy girlfriend!:lmao: I kind of thought it was coming from my DF but the lovely TSA security at Manchester airport blew it for us when the ring went through the security xray machine and the guy monitoring the stuff said "huh... looks like someone is getting engaged on this trip." total ****** but for me it then turned into ... "OMG when is he going to do it on the trip!?" I was sick for three days!:lmao: So i totaly know how you feel.

My advice is to relax, go to New york expecting nothing because you dont want to be let down and have that ruin your trip. You also dont want to be hitting every bathroom the city has because you're so nervouse. (I can personally describe every EPCOT and MK bathroom...i'm a nervouse pee'er:lmao:) If it happens awesome! If it doesn't you still had a great trip and still have the proposal to look forward to!

Ok so really quick ill give the full update when im home sunday night or monday but ...... im engaged!

Ok so really quick ill give the full update when im home sunday night or monday but ...... im engaged!

I just read this and started jumping up and down screaming WOOHOO!!!!:banana::yay::rotfl2:

I'm so excited!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it happened!!! Congrats Meghan!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter