Meeting the Mouse before the snow comes again Pre Trip Report *Complete*

Hi--popping in again from the October 2009 thread. We are at 39 days out! I should be doing this :banana::banana::banana: but instead I am doing this :eek::scared1::eek::scared1:

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! So much to do, after so many months of planning!

Hi! I saw your post about Home Depot being out of LGMH...but then you finally found them! We just went over the weekend, and it looks like they are different now than they used to be. Our LGMHs are on a rectangular piece of stock, not simply a LGMH. What do yours look like? (My DF and I will be at Disney the same time as you, celebrating our honeymoon! Our vacations are getting close!!)

Mine are on a rectangular card as well, but the LGMH peels off it just fine (gets a little wrinkled though) and I think I read on another post that if you wet the back then it peels off nicer (yet to try that though). I came home from work one day to find a few LGMHs on the table with a note from DH "I went to Home Depot today and thought of you" :love: And you will be on your Honeymoon, how exciting!

Yesterday I called up Disney and asked if there was room availability to extend our stay 2 nights, and if so then how much would it be (with our upgraded deluxe dining). Well, it was a bit much so I told the lady that I wasn't interested, thanks for looking for me but it was too much, and ended the call. Today I get an invoice in my e-mail for that amount, with my stay extended 2 days! I don't understand how she just went ahead and did that just because I asked for a quote and if it were possible. I guess I probably shouldn't be so upset, but I'm so worried now because we HAD it all set up perfectly and paid for and now it's been tampered with which makes me thinks I may run into more problems later. When I called to get the situation corrected the guy did not sound confident at all... he asked "how many nights is it supposed to be for?" (I mean, can't they tell what I've already paid for?) and then he put me on hold for awhile, and came back and told me it was fixed. I asked to confirm that it was with free dining upgraded to deluxe, and he said it was, but again I didn't feel confident in him. I'm supposed to get an e-mail confirmation (which I'm still waiting for) and everything should be ok... I guess... but I guess I won't really know until check in on Oct 3...

Thanks for letting me vent...

Thanks for the tip about wetting the back of the LGMH! I will try that. Sorry about your rude CM...I don't understand why she went ahead and booked that either.

Everything seems to be ok. We got our luggage tags and such in the mail the other day and have that envelope with the Magical Express envelope in a folder with our little itenerary book! I have 2 days left to pack for the next month that we are hotel living! Is it terribly wrong that I'm way more excited for Disney than Vegas? (I've never been to Vegas though, so I guess I don't know what to be excited for!)

Yesterday we were eating at our hotel in Vegas and we both ordered burgers. They came out and were MASSIVE. I commented "so this is what $15 hamburgers look like." DH's response? "Lets take pictures of them!" Dis boards food reviews have corrupted him! :rotfl:

He's also so surprised and pleased with the organization in the hotel room, including a pop-up hamper (such an upgrade from suitcases full of garbage bags full of dirty clothes) and the over-the-door shoe organizer to hold bathroom-type bottles and supplies. I told him he ows the dis boards! This site is awesome and I deffinately thank whoever originated these ideas!

-Jessi

After several trips to Home Depot I was feeling a bit down, thinking that they would never restock LGMHs. Finally today we went and they had them! Being a big chicken though I could only bring myself to take TWO... and just now DH came over to my desk and unloaded a pocket full of them! :goodvibes He says now I can rest easy with a good stock of LGMH to do as I please (including sharing with my dear friend Blue-Skies!)

75 Days to go!

That is so sweet that he had those for you! I'm glad they finally got them in =D I'm SO excited about decorating the window!!! =P
:cool1:

Geeze talk about getting excited! I can't believe it's only 2 weeks and 3 days left before we are at WDW!! I feel so prepared from all the cool stuff you put together and all the awesome things I've read on DISboards! o_O Especially being able to check out pictures! :woohoo: A bit nervous about all the planes we'll be on, but I'm sure it will be fine :angel:

We're there and back already! We had a great week, and some very magical moments! Maybe I can talk blue_skies into doing the trip report since I did the pre-trip :rotfl: I haven't even had a chance yet to go through all our pictures, I think we took close to 1000!!!

An update on two things from my PTR: First, I didn't run into any problems from the confusion with the CM that day, but we did receive 2 luggage tag / itenerary packages (the second one was waiting for us when we returned, I'm guessing the coupons will just expire). Second (for anyone wondering what my verdict would be), Disney beat Vegas :D

Ok, Blue_skies either didn't pick up the hint or has been too busy to check disboards (let alone do a TR) - probably the second there... so I have started one. It will be slow at first as I've still not really got my house in order yet (we finally went grocery shopping today... almost a week later!) but I'll do what I can (and maybe Blue will join in!)

Enough Heat to last us the Winter: Oct 09 TR

Leitadala - Are you still going to do the trippie? I just jumped to it and it's in the completed section, so I wasn't sure if you were going to fill us in on all your fun adventures or not.

Yes! I still intend on doing it, but I started a new (temporary) job Monday so I got a little busy. I did get to go through my pics finally though! Thanks for letting me know :) I'll update my links when I do my first (real) trip report post!

Yes! I still intend on doing it, but I started a new (temporary) job Monday so I got a little busy. I did get to go through my pics finally though! Thanks for letting me know :) I'll update my links when I do my first (real) trip report post!

Hope the new job goes well (even if it is temporary) and glad to hear we'll get a trip report! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter