Meeting the Mad Hatter?

jennie-pooh

GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 8 year old son just finished portraying the Mad Hatter in his school play. He is obsessed with finding him during our trip in late February/early March. I've heard that they play musical chairs somewhere? Any advice for us?

The only place I have ever seen him was at musical chairs at Coke Corner on Main Street. They play at 2:30 daily, I believe. They aren't on any schedule, you may want to ask to double check. If you get to Coke Corner a little early and grab one of the tables, Alice and Mad Hatter come out, and last time we saw Peter Pan as well.

I have found the Mad Hatter multiple times, and inv arious locations. I've seen him with Alice literally upon entering the park as well as just to the left of City Hall. I've also found him wandering around Fantasly and a few times.

When in doubt, check in at City Hall and they'll be able to give you a list of times and locations when he will be out.

My daughter rode the carousel with Alice and the Mad Hatter. But he is a rare find. As was said before, check the information kiosk.

Tracy

Occasionally, the Mad Hatter, Alice and the Queen of Hearts have been spotted posing for photos by the floral Mickey at the entrance to DL (just like how the Princesses sometimes congregate by the floral Mickey, so do other characters periodically).

Also - and this is a gamble because you never know who will be there on which day - the Mad Hatter can also be found at the Minnie and Friends breakfast here and there. In fact, one of our DIS-ers, WazowskiLOVER, had some fun interaction with the Mad Hatter last year, where he made her wear teacups on her head and try to move around without letting them fall off!!:rotfl:

Both Alice and the Mad Hatter appear at Goofy's Kitchen from time to time, too, but just as with Minnie and Friends, you never know which characters will be there on which day or at which time. I have seen them at breakfast at GK; others have seen them at dinner, but they do show up there every now and then.

Definately at the Coke Corner on Main Street at 2:30 for musical chairs. Not only are Alice and the Hatter nearly consistantly there on a daily basis, but you get to watch them interact and tell jokes with a bunch of guests alongside a wonderful ragtime piano performer. It's probably the best un-advertised entertainment in the park, hands down, and seeing the Hatter acting, well, Madly should make your son's day.

I have to disagree with the assertion that the Mad Hatter is "a rare find". With Alice, he will do a number of appearances ("sets" in CM-speak) every day. Musical chairs happens every day. You can also see them at the entrance show at 10 and the castle show at 11 - but these are not meet-and-greets, so you can't get autographs or pose for photos with them.

The sets are basically on the hour. At 9, they may be at the entrance or or Main Street (perhaps near City Hall). In the afternoon, look for them in Fantasyland - they often appear near the teacups

Yes! My kids played Musical Chairs at that cafe with The Mad Hatter and Alice. They had a blast and the characters were great! :)

You can find both shows listed in the "ENTERTAINMENT TIMES GUIDE" under "Disneyland Band".
Here are Demure Alice & Squishy Hatter at the entrance and at the castle:

2hzic5w.jpg

2ryt7iw.jpg

We have seen the Mad Hatter quite a few times at DL (I love learning the lingo as I lurk, haha). He's been at Minnie's breakfast when we get an early morning reservation, and we actually were fortunate enough to run into him, Alice, the Rabbit, and The Red Queen all at once outside of fantasy land near Snow White's fountain. We have some great pictures that we kind of "Forrest Gumped" our way into (haha).

We just saw them during the weekend of Jan 24. They were standing by the Walt/Mickey statue before the castle. Not even a big line!

I've seen him mostly by City Hall, but have seen him a bit.

I imagine with the movie coming out, he'll be out more and more... But will it be the animated version, or Depp-like?

My 8 year old son just finished portraying the Mad Hatter in his school play. He is obsessed with finding him during our trip in late February/early March. I've heard that they play musical chairs somewhere? Any advice for us?

Hey jennie,
Don't worry so much about that.may be he practised all the time and then he was obsessed.that period went through soon

He does the park opening show with Alice every morning, I think it's 10am at the front gate by the floral mickey and the train station. They often spend time taking photos with guests afterward

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter