Meeting place after entering IOA

SandrainNC

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am trying to figure out a place to meet my sister and her family at IOA. On the map I am looking at, after going through the ticket gates, I see bathrooms to the right, but because I have never been there, I'm not sure where the rope drop occurs at the park. Will we be able to get that far into IOA to meet in front of those bathrooms?

Thank you very much!

Sandra

Hi! I am trying to figure out a place to meet my sister and her family at IOA. On the map I am looking at, after going through the ticket gates, I see bathrooms to the right, but because I have never been there, I'm not sure where the rope drop occurs at the park. Will we be able to get that far into IOA to meet in front of those bathrooms?

Thank you very much!

Sandra
Sandra...those bathrooms are to the far right side and it can get really crowded when the park opens. I would suggest meeting at the Port of Entry in front of Confisco since it's a wide open space and you should be able to see everyone coming towards you. That might work instead of trying to meet right inside the gate...just a thought.

Right, there is no rope drop at IOA. The order you queue up at the gate is the order you enter the park.

As you walk down the main drag, you can go left to Hulk, or right to Suess Landing. Next to Confisco is the Backwater Bar, which is also located next to bathrooms. This is a good meeting place during the day, because you can grab a drink while waiting for others to do the kiddie rides and meet up with you.

If you get there first, head to the left and take a spin on Hulk before the crowd arrives. You could do Hulk, Spiderman, and Dr. Doom. Then go the other direction and wait at the bar.

I would say if you can't meet at Confisco, which would be my first choice as well, meet at the Light House, it is the first thing you see when entering IOA and it is an easy landmark to find, and find your people at. I love that lighthouse, one of my favorite things at the parks.

The Lighthouse would be my suggestion too. It is before you enter the turnstiles. It has plenty of room and is seldom crowded.

Thank you again!

Which way is Confisco after you enter the park? On the left or right?

And we could stand right in front of the lighthouse if we choose there? It isn't too big of an area? I was trying to avoid anywhere that is huge (like they say don't plan to meet in front of the castle at MK because it is a huge area) where we might miss them.

Sandra

The lighthouse is a small area, no way you could miss them there. And Confisco is on the right at the end of Port of Entry, it is the last thing you will pass right before you could enter Suess Landing on the right.

When you go into IOA, you will cross the bridge and see the Lighthouse, that is the first thing. Then you go through the ticket areas and turnstyles to get into the park. Port of Entry is the first land you are in as you walk through the turnstyles. Just keep going straight and you will run right into the pond in the middle of the park.

To the right is Suess Landing, to the left is Marvel Super Hero Island where the Hulk coaster and Spiderman rides are. If you are standing in front of the pond looking out over the water, Confisco will be kind of behind you to the right, as I mentioned it is right before you enter Suess, so you couldn't miss it.

But IMO the Lighthouse is a much easier, better meeting place. No one hardly ever gathers around that and it should be pretty easy to find someone there.

I know you have already selected a meeting place, but here's my two cents...
I'd suggest meeting in front of the Cinnabon that's on the left (but before the bridge to the Superhero Island) right after the Port of Entry stores. There are a few tables there so you can sit down while waiting. Not a big deal unless you have to wait for a while.

Dick Taylor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter