Meeting Characters on board and on Castaway Cay

MandyTG

Mouseketeer
I would really love to meet the characters and get pictures with them in their different cruise outfits. How hard is it to meet all the characters on a 4 Day cruise on the Dream? Are the lines really long? Is there a better time to try to meet them? Morning vs. evening, beginning of the cruise or toward the end, like on sea day? What about the lines for characters on Castaway Cay?

Thank you for any help you can give!

Once on board, check your Personal Navigator for times and locations.

While all characters are popular, some generate more of a line than others. Check the location early to see how its going and join in if many are already waiting.

Have fun.

We just got off a 4 day Dream and had no problem meeting all characters. The only character we waited awhile for was Mickey. There was a character party in the atrium and that gave my son the chance to meet multiple characters at once. We met Mickey and went to the character party on Nassau day so that may have helped with the lines. After that we were able to find Daisy and Captain Hook on pirate night and my son had then met everyone he wanted to meet. Like the pp poster said check the navigator and plan your day around the ones you want to meet.

We are usually pretty successful in seeing most of them--although my kids are getting at the age (10 and 7) where they are not that interested in character greetings anymore :( What seems to work for us is we always have late seating dinner, and the character greetings that take place while most people are on main seating seem to have shorter lines. Also I send my husband to get into the Princess Greeting line about 45 minutes to an hour beforehand, but that's the only one you need to do that for.

I am 45 and love having pics with them! During port days you can find quite a few with no lines. Also after second seating diner we found Mickey with no wait. Mr Smee at Castaway had a little bit of a line but he is not one that is out a lot. Jack Sparrow had no line too at CC

If it was a priority, it would be very doable. We wanted to meet the characters, but there was so much other stuff we wanted to do we never got around to it. That was our choice. There were certainly plenty of times the characters were available.

On my last 2 cruises, I didn't have any problems meeting the characters (including the VIPs in the different outfits)

Its really not hard. All of the characters are listed in the navigator with times and locations. All you have to do is plan just is plan little bit and you can come home with literally hundreds of prices. They are out at least twice in the same outfits themed to that day. Formal night tux and gowns, pirate night pirate gear etc.

We got off the wonder a few days ago. Most of the lines were too long for my 3 year old. So, the only picture we got with a character, besides the initial mickey at the port, was with chip and dale. My mom left dinner early (about 10 minutes) and then we met her. She was first in line and it turned out to be a long line. I wish we could have done more characters, but it's too long a wait for him.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Fjobe said:
If it was a priority, it would be very doable. We wanted to meet the characters, but there was so much other stuff we wanted to do we never got around to it. That was our choice. There were certainly plenty of times the characters were available.

This is normally my problem at the parks which is why having them on the ship was such a delight. Our princess gathering at 7:30 worked well because we got in line right after our show ended at 7:15. We finished putting our makeup on in line and chatted with who ended up being our photographer, thanks nice lady. It may have worked to our advantage because prob the early dining was still eating so that's prob why we did well for lines. We had time to play some trivia before our 8:15 dinner too. Late seating was our friend. This was the Dream which I guess holds more than the Wonder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter