Meeting belle @ enchanted tales

Shelbizzles

Mermaid
I had thought that only people who participated in the show could get a picture with her. But I read somewhere online (or a YouTube video or something. I watch Wayyyy too much disney stuff lol) that if you stick around a couple minutes that you can take a picture with her. Or if you go to a later show and they are not very busy. Is that true? I would love a pic with her in her yellow gown :)

I know show participants get a quick photo with Belle after the show. Also, my little nephew, who was 2 1/2 and too small to participate was waved forward so he could get a photo too (got a few good ones with him getting a hug and kiss as well as a more posed shot!). I had read that people who choose not to participate don't get the photo, so I suspect that the reason my nephew was included is because he was too small and not that he simply decided not to participate. I have only seen it once, so I have no idea whether it was "busy" or not. The room where we watched the little show was nearly full and it seemed like quite a few participants to me. Basically, I guess I'd say wait for all the participants to get theirs taken and hover nearby to make it clear you'd like a picture and see what happens. I can't imagine them allowing a group to do shots like a true meet and greet, but maybe they'll let a solo adult do it. Also, there are a few parts for adults. When you're in the mirror room at the beginning of the attraction and they call the kids forward, I'd try to stand near there and be fairly "theatrical" and participate there. They may select you as one of the adult participants and problem solved!

I thought they gave people the chance for a photo when I saw it, but as I've only seen it once, I don't know if that's standard or not! I was a suit of armour, I got my photo, no problems! ;)

Last summer my son got a picture with her despite not participating. He was asked by a cast member if he wanted a picture.

I think it depends. If it is really crowded and there were lots of extra "players" then they let just kids up if they were too small or shy to be in. If you go at a slower time and they have time you could probably do it. Adults that participate get a photo but usually with kids in their party that were also part of the show.

Over MNSSHP I asked and was told to just get in line when all the kids did for a photo and that it was no problem. If you ask the CMs, they will tell you what to do.

When I went, only participants could pose with Belle. The CMs were quite strict about this, and as soon as Belle greeted the last participant, she exited the room. This was disappointing to me, because I volunteered to participate but wasn't chosen. I'm not sure we'll do it again for that reason!

When we went last time - they assigned all the parts and then the CM said that there were as many "extras" (utensils and plates) as people who wanted to volunteer. So anyone who wanted a photo could volunteer. The CM actually sort of forced me to be the Teapot with my daughter as the cup and I tried to sneak out at the end as I didn't want a photo with her and CM literally dragged me back to the line by the arm - so if you get a part I'm sure you'll get your photo!

My youngest (now 4) never wants to participate in the show, but so far the CMs have always allowed her (and me!) to get a pic with Belle afterwards. If you wait in line like everybody else you shouldn't have a problem snagging a picture. Good luck!

We were just there and only the participants were allowed a photo, and many people volunteered to participate and were not chosen or given a part to play. Additionally, the photo with the participants were taken so quickly that the photographer didn't even bother waiting until the person was in the shot before taking the picture and the CM moved the kids along. The pic of my daughter has her blurry hand and knee, and nothing else. I was frustrated with the whole thing, but didn't let it get me down because it was the beginning of our trip.

I went with my friend about 20 minutes before park closing. No wait at all, but I think it was a full little theater thing. My friend was Mrs. Potts, and I was like a picture frame. Both got pictures, and so did some other girls our age that weren't in the play. They kind of just walked up and got in line with no problem. I bet it just depends which CM's are working, and how much time they have extra.

We have only done it once- it was a busy day in December, we waited about 30 minutes. The CMs never specified who could get in line for pictures. They automatically directed all the participants into the line, but there was so much chaos with people moving around the room, anyone else could have gotten in line too. And they never said that wasn't allowed, so I'm assuming they didn't care.

It is not a typical m&g though- just a very quick photo snapped then they usher the next person in. No autographs or real interaction, at least when we were there. Overall I thought it was a great experience though, and will probably make it a must-do from now on.

My 5 year old DS was too shy to participate, but the CM asked if he would like a picture, and he got one. This was just a couple weeks ago. ;)

We were just there...end of the trip was June 7. My family did Enchanted Tales with Belle twice on our vacation and each time, they allowed all the participants, then asked EACH child if they'd like to have their picture taken with Belle. We were there for Gay Days (which was quite busy) as well as a slower day, and they even allowed a couple of adults who asked about meeting Belle take a picture. I think it depends on how quickly the people who want pictures move along...she only has so much time before the next show. She will not sign anything, and it is a very brief meeting...not a long conversation like many of the other meet and greets. Fun fact, my 4 yr. old daughter was chosen to be Beast both times (and got to dance with Belle) because of her ferocious ROAR!

When I went, only participants could pose with Belle. The CMs were quite strict about this, and as soon as Belle greeted the last participant, she exited the room. This was disappointing to me, because I volunteered to participate but wasn't chosen. I'm not sure we'll do it again for that reason!
That's a shame. We've been numerous times at all times of the day and while DGD always participates they've always allowed anyone in the room to get photos that want to. I'm not sure why you found it different. Maybe they got really behind that day and had to move fast through some groups?

We were there last week and any child who wanted a picture with Belle was allowed whether they were in the show or not.

I thought they gave people the chance for a photo when I saw it, but as I've only seen it once, I don't know if that's standard or not! I was a suit of armour, I got my photo, no problems! ;)
I was one as well! It was a lot of fun. They gave a few minutes for others who wanted to take a pic with her as well. I guess it depends on how busy they are. They were fairly busy but did their best to accommodate those wanting a photo. Also, the CM's and Belle were absolutely amazing and interactive. This was, by far, our favorite experience! Mine for the fun and interaction. My GF's for "Watching my big strong BF giggle like a school girl when Belle took your hand, was priceless!" her words. Apparently I blushed a bit as well.

Last edited:
Interesting that there have been such widely varied experiences. I have probably seen it a dozen times, and my experience has always been the same.

1. In the wardrobe room, after they've filled the name parts, when they ask if anyone else would like a part, be prepared to raise your hand. It goes by so quickly, and kids who are on the fence probably get overlooked.

2. In my experience, no one has ever been turned away from a picture with Belle. That includes babies, adults, siblings, etc., regardless of whether they played a part. I've gone in June, October and December.

My youngest (now 4) never wants to participate in the show, but so far the CMs have always allowed her (and me!) to get a pic with Belle afterwards. If you wait in line like everybody else you shouldn't have a problem snagging a picture. Good luck!
Same happened for us, but my shy little one declined the photo too. Belle even tried to get her to parade around with the 'cast' after the show but 'no dice'. However my shy little one danced with the Beast after dinner at BOG - go figure. :)

I had thought that only people who participated in the show could get a picture with her. But I read somewhere online (or a YouTube video or something. I watch Wayyyy too much disney stuff lol) that if you stick around a couple minutes that you can take a picture with her. Or if you go to a later show and they are not very busy. Is that true? I would love a pic with her in her yellow gown :)

That's correct. Even though I volunteered I was not selected to participate. I just got at the back of the line once the show "cast" lined up to get their photos. Others did as well not just me. However, they do not announce this so you just have to know to get in line, don't wait of them to ask because once they line is gone they quickly end the show and whisk Belle off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter