• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meet up B4 check in for Spring 13 for College Program

MsBear02

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Dis People..

My name is Jen and I got accepted into the CP for 2o13 spring advantage.

My role will be housekeeping and I already read the threads, but was wondering if there was anyone that wanted to talk on here about getting into 2013 and has the same arrival date as me, I'm set to be there on feb. 11, 2013.

Also if anyone has any pointers for the CP program or just tips to being hiring on after CP program.

Im really excited and wanted to meet anyone that is gonna get there at the same check in time.

Contact me here!!

Wish me luck!!

You can extend on after your original CP and then become a seasonal CM iirc. But not everyone's extension request is granted. The best way I would presume is like every job - be on time, connect with your managers, don't call out sick, do your best at your assigned job and so forth.

The biggest thing I cannot impress enough is buy a mattress topper. I tried a mattress pad only and could not sleep at all this last day. Next day I hopped a bus to Walmart and bought a mattress topper, about 1.5 inch thick. A comforter might help additionally if you need one but that took care of all my problems personally. It is worth splurging on the mattress topper.

If you want a router, I suggest finding one online and looking around for the cheapest but still efficient routers. Mine was about $25, I looked at the routers at Walmart, they run about $45 just to start with.

Prepare for a long day the first day, you won't have time to eat or sit usually. It is waiting in line but goes by fast. I arrived at 7 am, it is a later arrival date but there should be people lining up ridiculously early. This last arrival date people arrived at 11:30 PM. I don't particularly recommend it. If you want to arrive that early, be prepared for the cold, it is not freezing compared to some areas but it is still colder. Then you usually won't have traditions until that Thursday so you'll have a few days to unpack/get acquainted with the area.

Good luck! Make sure to have your passport, or driver's license/permit/state ID with your social security card. Also make sure to have a voided check or a letter from your bank. If you don't have it, they'll give you a payroll card if your online forms haven't been completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter