Meet the Robinsons

bweagle

DIS Veteran
So, I know it wasn't a wildly popular movie and that there are no characters to meet, but my DS6 and DD4 just became huge fans of the movie and noticed on the DVD case that it said Disney. Now they are asking me why they can't meet the characters on our upcoming trip. I've tried to write that off by explaining to them that they live in the future, but I was wondering if we might have any chance of finding any related Merchandise. I don't remember ever seeing any, but then again, I wasn't looking for it at the time.

So, I know it wasn't a wildly popular movie and that there are no characters to meet, but my DS6 and DD4 just became huge fans of the movie and noticed on the DVD case that it said Disney. Now they are asking me why they can't meet the characters on our upcoming trip. I've tried to write that off by explaining to them that they live in the future, but I was wondering if we might have any chance of finding any related Merchandise. I don't remember ever seeing any, but then again, I wasn't looking for it at the time.

No where to meet them. Did not see any merchandise. We used they have gone back to the future.

Denise in MI

We too discovered Meet the Robinsons recently, and I loved the way it tied in to Walt Disney's quote... it was a neat film. I am always frustrated that Disney doesn't support their own films as much as the Pixars...wish that the characters from the movie and/or merch. was avail...

Its a great movie, and the They have gone back to the future thing might work...

Had a similar experience today. We've just watched The Little Mermaid 2 about 10 in the past 2 weeks and my dd5 wants to know if she can meet Melody and WHY NOT? Doesn't her mom care about her? I explained that maybe she's in the sea but she reminded me that Melody has legs and when we see Ariel, she will have legs! She isn't giving up. I finally told her that if every character that ever was Disney was in the park, there would be no room for us. Not sure that convinced her either. She thinks Melody is an IMPORTANT Disney character that everyone must know and love. princess:
Good luck to you with the Robinsons!

Can't really help out with Meeting the Characters. However one thing that came to my mind with the Merchandise. You could try checking out ebay, and online sellers for some stuff and find a way to surprise your kids with it during your next trip to the parks.

I love this movie. One of my favorite animated movies ever and the quote by Walt at the end always gets me :goodvibes

I'd love to see a Tomorrowland or Futureworld exhibit based on this. Maybe even something like the Kim Possible experience only you have to track down Bowler Hat guy. In fact, a "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego" kind of thing but with Bowler Hat guy would be great and then you end up in Future World for the final clue and closure. Maybe a final 5 minute movie with the characters thanking you? Would be really nice.

Or at least some merchandise that shows they remember the movie exists!!

I have a pic with me and Bowler Hat Guy but it was taken at DCA. My DH and I loved this movie too! :thumbsup2

Yeah, sadly no where really to meet them although they are still out VERY rarely. They were out for the marathon this year, Bowler Hat guy was out in CA for Halloween, and they have been seen VERY rarely and randomly at DLP. I really want to meet them so hope we luck into them being out one day :)

Had a similar experience today. We've just watched The Little Mermaid 2 about 10 in the past 2 weeks and my dd5 wants to know if she can meet Melody and WHY NOT? Doesn't her mom care about her? I explained that maybe she's in the sea but she reminded me that Melody has legs and when we see Ariel, she will have legs! She isn't giving up. I finally told her that if every character that ever was Disney was in the park, there would be no room for us. Not sure that convinced her either. She thinks Melody is an IMPORTANT Disney character that everyone must know and love. princess:
Good luck to you with the Robinsons!

Have your dd ask Ariel where Melody is - that's what I had my dd do when she wanted to see Abu. She asked Aladdin and Jasmine where he was.
Jasmine told her Abu was back at the palace keeping Raja company so he wouldn't get lonely in Agrabah while they (Al and Jasmine) were at the park.
It was pretty cute, and Jasmine even gave her an Abu pin to wear.

Have your dd ask Ariel where Melody is - that's what I had my dd do when she wanted to see Abu. She asked Aladdin and Jasmine where he was.
Jasmine told her Abu was back at the palace keeping Raja company so he wouldn't get lonely in Agrabah while they (Al and Jasmine) were at the park.
It was pretty cute, and Jasmine even gave her an Abu pin to wear.

That is so cute! And I'm sure that probably went over much better than you giving the same explanation. :laughing:

Meet the Robinsons is one of our favorite Disney movies and I wish it were represented in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter