Meet & Greet Tickets?

HollVoll

Mouseketeer
We just booked our first cruise. I have seen folks refer to tickets for Meet and Greets. Can someone explain to me how this works? Do we need them for all of the character events on ship? How do you sign up?

Thank you so very much!

There are 2 meet and greets you need tickets for: the Princess Gathering and the Frozen characters. You can book these tickets online when your online check in window opens, which is 75 days before your sail date for new cruisers. It will be under "onboard fun". All other meet and greets do not require tickets. They will be listed in your daily Personal Navigator. It will usually show a 15 minute window. As long as you get in line during that window, you will be able to greet the character.

There are 2 meet and greets you need tickets for: the Princess Gathering and the Frozen characters. You can book these tickets online when your online check in window opens, which is 75 days before your sail date for new cruisers. It will be under "onboard fun". All other meet and greets do not require tickets. They will be listed in your daily Personal Navigator. It will usually show a 15 minute window. As long as you get in line during that window, you will be able to greet the character.

True...to a point. As long as you are in line before the cut-off point for that character. On the Magic at least, I was towards the end of one line once and towards the beginning of the next character's once. It seems like the line wranglers know about how many people each set can take before the character will have to leave. At that point, they will either tell people the line is closed if there is not another character coming or that the line for say Mickey is closed, but they can wait in the line for Chip & Dale if they want. Same line - but Mickey will be going to feed Pluto after the last person in "his" line.

So if there is a character you really want to see, be in that line early.

Especially for Captain Jack Sparrow. My last 2 Disney cruises (one on the Fantasy and one one the Magic), the line for Captain Jack Sparrow was closed before he arrived. If you want to meet Captain Jack, make that your priority for that night.

so even with Characters that you tickets for, you need to still line up 15/20mins early? or is this for non ticketed?

In reviewing prior Navigator's for the same itinerary that we will be sailing, I did not see mention of the ticketed events (Princess gathering or Anna & Elsa meet & greet). Does anyone know what day and time these events are typically scheduled, or does it vary cruise to cruise? Thanks!

In reviewing prior Navigator's for the same itinerary that we will be sailing, I did not see mention of the ticketed events (Princess gathering or Anna & Elsa meet & greet). Does anyone know what day and time these events are typically scheduled, or does it vary cruise to cruise? Thanks!
It can vary from cruise to cruise (although I believe it's going to be pretty similar on cruises with the same itineraries). The event is not listed in the Navigator. You can only find out the dates/times available once your activities booking window opens.

Not goofylovingfamily, but I would say if you want a particular character 15 minutes. At least that for Captain Jack.
I think this is only true for certain characters or certain times. Jack Sparrow and Stitch for sure. Characters in pirate costumes. But just general character meets aren't bad. Also morning meets are short too.

It can vary from cruise to cruise (although I believe it's going to be pretty similar on cruises with the same itineraries). The event is not listed in the Navigator. You can only find out the dates/times available once your activities booking window opens.

Thanks for the info!

I think this is only true for certain characters or certain times. Jack Sparrow and Stitch for sure. Characters in pirate costumes. But just general character meets aren't bad. Also morning meets are short too.

I was just offering my thoughts for if a character is very important to you. I guess I'm weird, but I'd rather spend a little time getting in line a little early to make sure I get that shot than say "Oh, it's early morning and 'just a general character' so I'll take my time" and discover that the line for that character is cut off when I get there.

I wanted to add that if your cruise is 7nts or longer you can also book a character breakfast online once your booking window opens up (75 days before your cruise for a 1st time cruiser).

We did an Alaskan cruise last year and one of the things I loved was that you could have unexpected character experiences(not listed in the navigator). Some were out on deck 4 that we got pics with, we got one with Hook by the art gallery when he had stopped to gesture angrily at a picture of Peter Pan, one with Ariel when she was just walking around and asked if we wanted a pic, we danced with characters at a deck party, we saw Goofy wandering around in pj's, characters stopped by all the kids/tween/teen clubs at various times, and we rode in the elevator with some characters! So there are more characters out there than just at meet and greets. It felt magical!

one of the things I loved was that you could have unexpected character experiences(not listed in the navigator)
This was one of my favorite things on the Fantasy last week. We had only had 1 run in on our previous 2 short cruises, but this time we had a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter