Mediterranean Cruise 25 July 2013 - anyone planning on going to a concert in Venice?

Nick Beecham

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone

Are there any experts out there on transportation in Venice?

We are hoping to go to an evening concert in Venice on 31 July. We are getting very confused about how to return from St Marks Square to the Disney Magic after the concert (at about 10:30pm):

The Disney excursion: "Venice on Your Own" gives 3 to 4 hours in Venice and requires you to meet back at a designated time, so that will not work.

The Alilaguna timetable shows that there is no service back to the cruise terminal in the evenings.

The links to the Vaporetto timetable do not seem to work.

We don't want to be stranded for the night!:eek:

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Best wishes
Nick

Hi Nick,
My family and I are on that cruise. My DD and I, along with some others, are doing a walking tour of Venice that night. It starts at 8 on the Realto bridge. I have plans to just walk back to the ship after it is over around 10 to 10:30. I may be naive, but I hadn't even thought about any other way than walking back. Then again, we will be finishing a "walking" tour.

See you on the ship. Not much longer now.

BTW, which concert?

We're on the same cruise as you, if worst comes to worst and there isn't a vaporetto running you could always take a water taxi :)

Hi Guys

Many thanks for your replies.

The concert is Virtuosi di Venezia: Vivaldi and Opera, beginning 8:30pm at Ateneo di San Basso, Piazza San Marco.

I'll try and look out for you on the ship - perhaps we should wear name badges.

Best wishes
Nick

Nick,
We just visited Venice on the 6/27 sailing. This was my 1st time in Venice, (I'm far from an expert), but DH & I ventured out in the evening & tried to walk from the ship to San Marco. We didn't make it all the way, but it took us a good hour plus, at a decent pace (lightning shortened our stroll) to get back to the ship. We could not find a Alilaguna or vaporetto operating near us, it was about 10:30-11pm-ish. On a separate day: one of the boat operators advised us it would cost 100euro or more for a private water taxi. HTH & enjoy Venice & your concert!

Thanks Binkertella. Looks like I'm in for an expensive ride back to the ship then.

Best wishes
Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter