• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Medicine-syringe

disnee9

Mouseketeer
My friend needs to take a syringe onboard for her medical condition. Will this pose a problem while going through security??
Thanks.

I am diabetic and brought my insulin pen and needles onboard in 2009. I carried them on with me in my carry on, went through security and it was never questioned.

I did have my dr fill out a medical form and fax it over before the cruise so I could keep the insulin in the fridge.

She'll have no issues whatsoever. She should just tell TSA and Disney security as she puts her bag through the x-ray. Also, she can request a needle box be put in her stateroom for needle disposal. It's on the special needs form - all she needs to do is fax it over and the box will be in her room.

My mom is insulin-dependent and last week on the Dream was no big deal at all with her needles.

Thanks for the tip about requesting a disposal box -- I use an injectable medication (once a day) and I just kept them with me and disposed of them at home. I just put them on a different side of my kit with the cover on the tip -- I preload my syringes when I travel so I don't have to carry the vial with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter